Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Employer Letters for AOS interview?

Wikiposts

Employer Letters for AOS interview?

Old May 7th 2011, 8:52 am
Just Joined

littlemistress is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Employer Letters for AOS interview?

Hi guys,

I'm a USC and my husband is currently going through the immigration/green card process. We have our big interview on Tuesday! I'm going through what we need to bring and one thing struck me as odd and is now seriously worrying me:

"Letters from current employers, verifying current rate of pay and average weekly hours, including 2 months paystubs."

Husband just recently received (like a couple weeks ago) his EAD so is currently unemployed. I work as a nanny, however, am under the legal poverty limit so my family acted as a joint sponsor. I do not get pay stubs because I am paid in cash, but I do have my tax paper work for this year, w-2 etc. Will copies of my family's taxes and Affadavits of Support suffice?

I'm really confused and want to make sure everything goes well. We have everything else needed but I'm hesitating on this point.

Thanks for your help.
Old May 7th 2011, 9:52 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Employer Letters for AOS interview?

Originally Posted by littlemistress
I do have my tax paper work for this year, w-2 etc. Will copies of my family's taxes and Affadavits of Support suffice?
As the USC spouse, you are your husband's sponsor and must complete an I-864 whether or not you qualify financially. Your joint sponsor (is this what you mean by "family"?) would provide his tax information as well as another I-864. The bit about a letter from the employer and current pay stubs, etc. is directed to your joint sponsor... and that should be included.

Ian
Old May 9th 2011, 5:48 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Employer Letters for AOS interview?

There will not be "Affidavits" from your family. One family member will submit one I-864 as a joint sponsor. If other family members are also going to contribute they must qualify as household members of the joint sponsor, and one I-864A must be submitted with the joint sponsor's I-864 for each of those household members.

There may be another option if your family lives with you and are your household members.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by littlemistress
Will copies of my family's taxes and Affadavits of Support suffice?