Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Embassy notification when visa ready for issue?

Wikiposts

Embassy notification when visa ready for issue?

Old Dec 2nd 2011, 4:26 am
Forum Regular

ndaudi07 will become famous soon enoughndaudi07 will become famous soon enough
Default Embassy notification when visa ready for issue?

Hi All,

Today, DX secure notified me that my passport was ready to be delivered back to me on Monday. I then verified this on the DX secure website with my tracking number, and subsequently checked the US embassy website case status document, which had been updated to "processed" as of today, December 2nd.

I haven't been given any notification from the embassy about whether this means my visa is issued, or whether my case is closed (as per http://london.usembassy.gov/administ...rocessing.html). The only reason I ask is because about four weeks ago when they first asked for my passport after 5 months of AP, they changed my status back to "pending" and told me that they needed to do "additional administrative processing" and that no time frame could be given with respect to the completion of my case.

I wanted to know the general process of post-AP visa issuance. Does the embassy bother to notify the applicant about whether their visa is now ready to be issued, or do they simply send the passport back and let the applicant find out for themselves (which seems to be what will happen with me)? When my brother went through AP earlier this year, the embassy had responded to one of his e-mails indicating that his visa was now ready to be issued, and that the courier service would return it in a few days. I didn't receive any such note from them, despite a recent e-mail to them asking an unrelated question which is still unanswered).

I know the best course of action is to simply wait till my passport is returned on Monday and for me to find out once I open it - however, have people gone through anything similar with the "processed" status? I just want to gather as much information as possible so I can potentially not drive myself crazy thinking about it all weekend.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

ND
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 4:43 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Embassy notification when visa ready for issue?

Originally Posted by ndaudi07
Does the embassy bother to notify the applicant about whether their visa is now ready to be issued, or do they simply send the passport back and let the applicant find out for themselves (which seems to be what will happen with me)?
As with all things related to notification... some people get notified, others don't. On Monday, when your passport arrives, you'll have a definitive answer.

Ian
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 5:00 am
Forum Regular

ndaudi07 will become famous soon enoughndaudi07 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Embassy notification when visa ready for issue?

Thanks Ian - I realize that is the only guaranteed way of finding out. Guess I'll just have to wait and find out.