Wikiposts

Embassy Closings

Old Mar 22nd 2003, 8:58 am
GiveMeStrength

No, he didn't overstay his first visit. But, when he came back in he had a one-way ticket with no return ticket - big red flag! They asked him a lot of questions and basically found out that he had a car and checking out here, which he had gotten during his first visit. So, they basically said he was returning as an immigrant on a non-immigrant visa which is illegal. He came in through Wash-Dulles and said he was treated very badly - like a criminal.

Our plan was for him to return and then figure out our future plans together. I wish I would've gotten on this newsgroup before his return so that I wouldn't have been so ignorant about the whole visa process!

Old Mar 22nd 2003, 6:42 pm
Mrtravel

Default Re: Embassy Closings

GiveMeStrength wrote:
    >
    > No, he didn't overstay his first visit. But, when he came back in he
    > had a one-way ticket with no return ticket - big red flag! They asked
    > him a lot of questions and basically found out that he had a car and
    > checking out here, which he had gotten during his first visit. So, they
    > basically said he was returning as an immigrant on a non-immigrant visa
    > which is illegal. He came in through Wash-Dulles and said he was
    > treated very badly - like a criminal.

They felt he broke the law, that is why the banned him for five years.
So, yes, they treated him like a criminal, because that is what you call
people that break the law.

Old Mar 22nd 2003, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

candiceezznagui is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-212

[After doing some research, it looks like when we get approved on the I-129F, we'll need to submit an I-212 waiver which, if approved, will allow him to return within the 5-years.

I'm not sure how the DS230 and I-212 forms work. Which do we submit first? ]

From what I heard you can do the I-212 NOW befroe anything is even approved so that you can do them at the same time and save time. If you need the I-601 you will need to wait till the interview, he will be denined and then you can hand them the I-601 right away, you will also need letter from USC showing "extreme hardship" See thread about the waivers for more information about all the stuff you will need to do for the waivers, they are really helpful!

Good luck
Candice
Old Mar 23rd 2003, 5:40 pm
GiveMeStrength

Candice,
We'll definitely look into doing the I-212 at the same time. I was under the impression that we would have to wait for the I-129F to be approved first. Thanks for your input!

Deanna