Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Eligibility category for EAD (I-765) renewal?

Eligibility category for EAD (I-765) renewal?

Old Feb 3rd 2001, 3:43 am
pmim

Hello folks,

We recently travelled while I-485 is pending at TSC since 5/99. We want to apply to renew
our EAD-s. I have never used it, got a visa stamp in my Passport at my home country, and
came back as H-1B. My wife has used her EAD, so she used Advance Parole and came back as a
Parolee. In the EAD renewal application, Box 16 is for Eligibility Category. What do I use
for my wife? They have a (c)(11) (Paroled in the Public Interest) if applicant was
"paroled into the United States for emergent reasons or reasons strictly in the public
interest." Should I use this or just
(c)(9) as an Adjustment Applicant. What is emergent reason or public interest? Think local
INS office will/may help me out with this question? I would appreciate response
from knowledgeable folks. Thank you.

d.

Old Feb 3rd 2001, 1:38 pm
Marjeta Cedilnik

You are both adjustment applicants.

Marjeta

[email protected] wrote:
>
> Hello folks,
>
> We recently travelled while I-485 is pending at TSC since 5/99. We want to apply to
> renew our EAD-s. I have never used it, got a visa stamp in my Passport at my home
> country, and came back as H-1B. My wife has used her EAD, so she used Advance Parole and
> came back as a Parolee. In the EAD renewal application, Box 16 is for Eligibility
> Category. What do I use for my wife? They have a (c)(11) (Paroled in the Public
> Interest) if applicant was "paroled into the United States for emergent reasons or
> reasons strictly in the public interest." Should I use this or just
> (c)(9) as an Adjustment Applicant. What is emergent reason or public interest? Think
> local INS office will/may help me out with this question? I would appreciate
> response from knowledgeable folks. Thank you.
>
> P.
>

--
Marjeta Cedilnik [email protected] No situation is so bad that it couldn't be solved with
a decent miracle. Nobena situacija ni tako zavo"zena, da je ne bi mogel re"siti en
po"sten "cude"z.