EB5 - Jay Peak

Old Mar 4th 2011, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

ms207 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EB5 - Jay Peak

Thanks to all for posting timelines.
We are still waiting for USCIS response.
hhm,
to answer your ques:
"how is your project?have you received any profit yet?"
The project is through CanAm in Los Angeles. They have done similar projects with other studios in the past but this is the first for Sony.
Since our I-526 is not approved yet, the money is still with the escrow agent, not invested in the project yet.
Old Mar 5th 2011, 7:01 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Profits .. I just love an optimist

You bought a green card ...
Old Mar 5th 2011, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

Michkin is just really niceMichkin is just really niceMichkin is just really niceMichkin is just really niceMichkin is just really niceMichkin is just really niceMichkin is just really niceMichkin is just really niceMichkin is just really niceMichkin is just really niceMichkin is just really nice

Originally Posted by hhm
Hi Michkin,

about 5 weeks after sending our DS-230 forms ,we received a response from NVC,our embassy's appointment is in April,it was faster than I expected,now we have to go after our medical exams.
I'm a little worried about the project ,it seems that they have some delays.
do you know if Phase 1 was profitable or not?
Hi hhm,

Thanks for the dates. How long did it take to get an interview?
Did you go out to visit the resort? I am not aware of the delays.
As far as profits go I am sure there was someone a while ago on here who was getting returns on his investment - from Jay Peak.
Old Mar 6th 2011, 5:33 am
hhm
Just Joined

hhm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Michkin
Hi hhm,

Thanks for the dates. How long did it take to get an interview?
Did you go out to visit the resort? I am not aware of the delays.
As far as profits go I am sure there was someone a while ago on here who was getting returns on his investment - from Jay Peak.
It took us five weeks to get an appointment, from the date of posting our DS-230.
I didn't get a chance to view the resort,how about you,did you visit the resort?
have you received any profit from them yet?
Old Mar 6th 2011, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

John_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond repute

We are in Phase 2 as well but haven't heard anything about delays. To some extend I think this is normal with a construction project especially after a harsh winter. Do you have any concrete information?

We have now the visas in our passports and we will enter the US this week. We are curious how long the process will take in the port of entry.

Porvera has invested in Phase 1 and I seem to remember that she said that it is already paying something.
Old Mar 6th 2011, 5:02 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John K.
We have now the visas in our passports and we will enter the US this week. We are curious how long the process will take in the port of entry.
Here you go: Immigrant Visa Arrival
The answer depends a bit on the airport, timing, other flights arriving etc. The actual entry event only takes about 15 minutes, it's just knowing how long it takes to get to your 15 minutes.

The info in that link doesn't have the right removal of conditions link for you, but you'll know where to find it when the time comes.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 5:42 am
Forum Regular

John_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you!
Old Mar 7th 2011, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

ginstwin is a jewel in the roughginstwin is a jewel in the roughginstwin is a jewel in the roughginstwin is a jewel in the rough

Does anyone here know if the Visa interview at a US embassy has to be done in ones own home country?

In other words if for travel reasons i am away from home for a long period can i go to an "overseas" consulate for my interview?
Old Mar 7th 2011, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

porvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really nice

We are in phase 1 at Jay Peak and yes we get an income from the hotel. I anticipate a return of around 3% this year.

I thought that the water park was on track, if not ahead of schedule and the hotel was also on schedule. We where there skiing at the end of Jan and it all looks very impressive.

Regarding Embassy appointments, we actually had ours in Madrid, as we lived in Spain but are not Spanish.

Porvera
Old Mar 7th 2011, 3:23 pm
A I
not even a fake TV lawyer

A I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ray
Profits .. I just love an optimist

You bought a green card ...
Care to elaborate?

Are you referring to

Failed Regional Centers ?

Failed Investments?

Know someone whose money is gone?

This program is an alternative to the immigrant managing their own $500K/$1MM investment by themselves. You could say they invested mainly with the intent to obtain a green card, but expecting a return on an investment does not appear to be optimistic to me.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 3:48 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ginstwin
Does anyone here know if the Visa interview at a US embassy has to be done in ones own home country?

In other words if for travel reasons i am away from home for a long period can i go to an "overseas" consulate for my interview?
You are supposed to interview in the US Consulate of your residence.
As it takes several months to get your paperwork in the queue for the interview, it wouldn't work to say 'oh, I'm in X next week, I'd like to interview there.'
Old Mar 7th 2011, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

ginstwin is a jewel in the roughginstwin is a jewel in the roughginstwin is a jewel in the roughginstwin is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by meauxna
You are supposed to interview in the US Consulate of your residence.
As it takes several months to get your paperwork in the queue for the interview, it wouldn't work to say 'oh, I'm in X next week, I'd like to interview there.'
Thanks very much for the quick reply.

My timing couldn't be worse, it's not a question of being somewhere for a week or 2 . I am due to be in Australia for 4 to 6 months . I am British so I assume it's a problem.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by ginstwin
Thanks very much for the quick reply.

My timing couldn't be worse, it's not a question of being somewhere for a week or 2 . I am due to be in Australia for 4 to 6 months . I am British so I assume it's a problem.
hmm. What will you be doing, just touring?
Where are you in the visa application process?

You can ask for Sydney to take your case as a "3rd country national", they have the option to do it, but are not obligated, savvy?

Surely you have an attorney for this application; when your time gets close enough that you know for sure where you will be at what time, they can make this request for you. The location may be different than what was indicated on your petition, so when that gets to the NVC is the time to make the Consulate change.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
hmm. What will you be doing, just touring?
Where are you in the visa application process?

You can ask for Sydney to take your case as a "3rd country national", they have the option to do it, but are not obligated, savvy?

Surely you have an attorney for this application; when your time gets close enough that you know for sure where you will be at what time, they can make this request for you. The location may be different than what was indicated on your petition, so when that gets to the NVC is the time to make the Consulate change.
We are the very begining of the process. We haven't decided exactly on which eb5 yet. however we are very close to starting the process.
I have an attorney on retainer and will ask him to clarify , your points are understood and well made.
I have a commitment to visit family in OZ forb5 to 6 months as a tourist later in the year and can see this being bang in the middle of the process.

Thanks
Old Mar 7th 2011, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

cranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by A I
You could say they invested mainly with the intent to obtain a green card, but expecting a return on an investment does not appear to be optimistic to me.
I have only looked at a few centres in depth and I agree with Ray.

Rather then debate generalities, it you want to suggest one center that you think is a good investment then please state it and lets discuss.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.