Wikiposts

EB5 Investment Visa

Old Mar 4th 2007, 3:32 am
Martin

Martin Brown is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EB5 Investment Visa

I am new to this forum, so hello to all of you. I have had a house in Florida for about 9 years and am finally considering taking the plunge and emigrating (although to a different part of the US). I have read some of your comments before about the EB5 visa (and I apologise if I am staring a new thread rather than posting to an existing one). This is the visa that interests me most as I don't really want to personally run a busines out there. I saw some comments by the officer in charge of the Seattle scheme assuring people that some immigrants had had conditions removed and now had green cards, but some of you seem to be suspicious. Does anyone know of anybody who has completed the process who wouldn't mind talking to me? Even if they haven't got so far as having the final conditions removed I would be interested to see if they have actually received the promised returns on their investment. I am also looking for a lawyer to assist in the process so if anyone has a recommendation I'd be delighted to receive it. I have seen a couple of lawyers advertising their expertise in EB5's but I'd much rather go with one that someone has recommended.
Thanks
Martin
Old Mar 4th 2007, 3:50 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EB5 Investment Visa

Originally Posted by Martin Brown
I am new to this forum, so hello to all of you. I have had a house in Florida for about 9 years and am finally considering taking the plunge and emigrating (although to a different part of the US). I have read some of your comments before about the EB5 visa (and I apologise if I am staring a new thread rather than posting to an existing one). This is the visa that interests me most as I don't really want to personally run a busines out there. I saw some comments by the officer in charge of the Seattle scheme assuring people that some immigrants had had conditions removed and now had green cards, but some of you seem to be suspicious. Does anyone know of anybody who has completed the process who wouldn't mind talking to me? Even if they haven't got so far as having the final conditions removed I would be interested to see if they have actually received the promised returns on their investment. I am also looking for a lawyer to assist in the process so if anyone has a recommendation I'd be delighted to receive it. I have seen a couple of lawyers advertising their expertise in EB5's but I'd much rather go with one that someone has recommended.
Thanks
Martin
I know a few peoplw who have applied for an EB-5 ..
But I have searched for someone actually out here
But not found one yet .. the fees charged by the
the seattle scheme pedlars are outrageous

Prefer the South Dakota scheme myself ..
Old Mar 4th 2007, 4:07 am
Martin

Thanks, Ray. Can you let me have details about the South Dakota scheme? Is there a web-site?
Martin
Old Mar 4th 2007, 6:45 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Martin Brown
Thanks, Ray. Can you let me have details about the South Dakota scheme? Is there a web-site?
Martin
I like beef ..so I like this one ...
The rumor that you can name all the cows is untrue
http://www.sd-exports.org/dairy2002/

This one seem to be very popular wih Koreans for some reason

there are other about as well ..
Old Mar 4th 2007, 6:53 am
Martin

Thanks again. I'll have a look into it and also see if I can't find others. As I said before if you know anyone who has direct experience of such an investment or if there is anyone else out there who has I'd love to hear form you.
Martin
Old Apr 25th 2007, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

snodog is just really nicesnodog is just really nicesnodog is just really nicesnodog is just really nicesnodog is just really nicesnodog is just really nicesnodog is just really nicesnodog is just really nice

When we started looking at leaving the UK, a couple of years ago, the whole EB5 thing seemed a bit "dubious". We had pretty much decided that Canada would be our new home only for my wife's company to decide she couldn't be spared and persuaded her to stay ( quite a persuasive arguement $$$$$ )

Now it would seem that she is ready to leave and we would much prefer to be in the US, where we already have a house.

I would love to speak with someone who has invested in one of these Regional schemes. Or decided not to........

Wife is interested in the Vermont scheme as we have connections with New England anyway.

Any recommendations in terms of an immigration lawyer would also be gratefully received.

cheers
Peter
Old Apr 27th 2007, 2:33 pm
El Zorro

From what I hear, the EB-5 route is quite painful, even after you have
gotten it, since INS needs to see records of biz activity and what not, as
you set up a biz. I have considered it at various times, and each time
decided against it. Few attorneys have handled EB-5s and keep advising other
options. The Vermont program where you just hand off the dough has the
problem that you have no control of the capital or returns. If you are up
for that, it is probably the easiest and surest option to go with. That is,
if 500K is not money you would miss... further, 500K is a rural area amount.
meaning you need to be resident/tax-paying there; you will incur additional
expense if you prefer living in NYC, Chicago. In which case, you need to put
up 1 million to directly acquire residence in those places. One thing I have
seen EB-5 people do in some Asian communities-- they buy motels in interior
areas, which fit the size of capital and employee terms really well, and is
easy to manage.

"snodog" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
>
>> Thanks again. I'll have a look into it and also see if I can't find
>> others. As I said before if you know anyone who has direct experience
>> of such an investment or if there is anyone else out there who has I'd
>> love to hear form you.
>> Martin
>
> When we started looking at leaving the UK, a couple of years ago, the
> whole EB5 thing seemed a bit "dubious". We had pretty much decided that
> Canada would be our new home only for my wife's company to decide she
> couldn't be spared and persuaded her to stay ( quite a persuasive
> arguement $$$$$ )
>
> Now it would seem that she is ready to leave and we would much prefer to
> be in the US, where we already have a house.
>
> I would love to speak with someone who has invested in one of these
> Regional schemes. Or decided not to........
>
> Wife is interested in the Vermont scheme as we have connections with New
> England anyway.
>
> Any recommendations in terms of an immigration lawyer would also be
> gratefully received.
>
> cheers
> Peter
>
> --

Old Apr 27th 2007, 3:11 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by El Zorro
further, 500K is a rural area amount.
meaning you need to be resident/tax-paying there; you will incur additional
expense if you prefer living in NYC, Chicago. In which case, --
With the regional centres there is no requirement to live near it...
Quite a few who have invested in the Seattle scheme live in Florida ..