EB2 without a degree?

Old Apr 11th 2012, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud of
Default EB2 without a degree?

Has anyone managed to get a green card via the EB2 category without having a degree?

My husband has an H1B without a degree but had his experience and certifications evaluated by Princeton University as being equivalent to a US bachelors degree of no less than 4 years and he has 15+yrs experience.

One of the company's attorney's is saying it has to be EB3 and another is saying an EB2 may be possible........

Vicki

P.S. I know it's likely to be EB3 but if EB2 is possible it would make a HUGE difference time wise.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud of
Default Re: EB2 without a degree?

Anyone?!
Old Jun 1st 2012, 12:09 am
Forum Regular

Bitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really nice

Great question as I am in a similar situation. I have consulted various attorneys and they say the same. EB3 is the right fit, but you could risk it on the EB2.

It depends on the day. I personally know two completely different people who got their permanent residency and their cases were a bit suspect and risky. They weren't employment based visas though. Sometimes it gets challenged and every piece of paperwork gets scrutinized, sometimes it just gets whisked through.

Trust your gut. I don't know what the implications might be if you get an EB2 refused. Cost and time factor in for sure.

Why do we do this to ourselves???
Old Jun 1st 2012, 12:15 am
Forum Regular

Bitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really niceBitzi is just really nice

Another good point which I picked up from a different thread, if it gets determined that the EB2 job being offered does not require a masters degree (or equivalent), then you go back to EB3.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

LonelyCloud has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyCloud has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyCloud has a spectacular aura about

If it helps I'm currently going through the process without a degree. Our lawyer was not that confident to start with, but once she saw the "evidence" regarding the role she feels more confident now. Our main reason for choosing this route is that no such Degree exists in this field of work, what we are doing is composing a list of "experts" in related areas to add weight to the application.
All this is just to get to a decision point to see if it is worth SUBMITTING the application.............
Old Jun 12th 2012, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for posting.... please keep in touch and update us on your progress, timescales etc. Good luck! If you don't mind me asking, what area of work are you "specialized" in.

What I have noticed over the few years I have been here and having spoken to people who have been through the Perm Residency process, whether it be by marriage or employment, is that attorneys by nature are stuck on the law but the reality is that when applicants get to the interview stage, the INS officer (or whatever they are called now) is often a regular guy who just wants to see the rules of the application have been followed, that the paperwork is there to support etc. If the paperwork is there, it is never scrutinized.

However we can't submit a sketchy application in the fond hopes we get some dumb ass on the day, but often it works out that way...

I've been reading more posts about this on other threads and some people are saying that even applying for an EB2 with MULTIPLE real bachelors degrees, they still get bumped down to EB3.

Last edited by Bitzi; Jun 12th 2012 at 3:14 pm. Reason: more info