Old Sep 3rd 2022, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

e3geek is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EB2 NIW

Can anyone comment on my circumstances here
- masters degree
- 16 years of work experience
- 1 research paper but no citations
- running my own consulting company with clients from USA as well- high income / not salaried
does that qualify? Some lawyers are of the opinion it doesn't qualify because of no citations others think its possible due to to my experience and working with clients in US.
Old Sep 3rd 2022, 2:06 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EB2 NIW

Quality for what? I'll hazard a guess ... an O visa? I don't see anything that is outstanding about your education and/or work experience for an O visa.
Old Sep 3rd 2022, 3:22 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Quality for what? I'll hazard a guess ... an O visa? I don't see anything that is outstanding about your education and/or work experience for an O visa.
I do not see it either. But then, OP doesn’t provide anything by way of facts other than enough to merely suggest the possibility of EB-2 NIW.

On marginal cases, competent attorneys can, and do disagree. I sometimes had cases where my evaluation was a firm “perhaps” with “if you don’t bet you can’t win.” Some were approved, some were not. Other than time, money and effort, it was important to determine if there was a downside to an unsuccessful application.
Old Sep 4th 2022, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rete
I was quite clear about NIW EB2. Not an O visa.

According to USCIS website the requirements are advanced degree only. The national interest is what's confusing.

Isn't it enough national interest that I will be able to do more business with American companies and keep the money in the country?
Old Sep 4th 2022, 9:29 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by e3geek
I was quite clear about NIW EB2. Not an O visa.

According to USCIS website the requirements are advanced degree only. The national interest is what's confusing.

Isn't it enough national interest that I will be able to do more business with American companies and keep the money in the country?
Matter of Dhanasar is the current standard. A lot of online material is based upon NYSDOT.

NiW is one of those areas where legal consultation and subsequent representation is a good idea.
Old Sep 4th 2022, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Matter of Dhanasar is the current standard. A lot of online material is based upon NYSDOT.

NiW is one of those areas where legal consultation and subsequent representation is a good idea.
I get that. Also read somewhere that NYSDOT isn't relevant anymore.

I will definitely go through an attorney just need to make sure they are legit and won't jeopardize my case.
Old Sep 4th 2022, 3:44 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

For legit attorneys, research at www.ailalawyer.com.

Rene