EB 5 Visa- USCIS - Mini rant

Old May 24th 2008, 1:32 am
Just Joined

Beachbound is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EB 5 Visa- USCIS - Mini rant

Hello Calgary from Kelowna!! We applied Sept. 26th and have received the same info on the USCIS website...and Lincoln is as puzzled as we are. I can't quite understand the order in which they deal with the petitions. On your monthly AL statement it shows applicants from as far back as Feb. 07. Certainly seeing as they have not yet had anything approved, they will be first upon approval of AL's Marriot. How long then until we receive our approval? I give it another 6 months at least!! JB.
Old May 24th 2008, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

snodog is just really nicesnodog is just really nicesnodog is just really nicesnodog is just really nicesnodog is just really nicesnodog is just really nicesnodog is just really nicesnodog is just really nice

Originally Posted by snodog
I 526 submitted by our attorney to the Texas Service Center on 8 December.

They reckoned we'd hear something after approx 90 days. So, managed to put all impending move thoughts to the back of my mind for a good few weeks. Early March arrived, no word, late March, no word.
Decided to check USCIS Process Times on their site - umm, at 15 Feb they are processing applications filed mid Aug 07.
Wait 30 days - USCIS update at 15 March - now up to 8 Oct 07 - woohooo,
Wait another 30 days - USCIS update at 15 April - now at 15 Oct 07 :curse:

Dear USCIS
Get your fingers out, you lot and start processing some cases this month, at a better rate than a week's worth of applications in a month
I've been patient long enough

There, I feel a little better now, especially after writing and deleting most of the abusive parts.
Wait another 30 days - USCIS update at 15 May - now at 16 Oct 07

Those of you who said that watching the processing updates was the path to madness were undoubtedly correct.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

snodog is just really nicesnodog is just really nicesnodog is just really nicesnodog is just really nicesnodog is just really nicesnodog is just really nicesnodog is just really nicesnodog is just really nice

I 526 approved.
That's one more step down the road..............

I'm in a very good mood today
Old Jun 5th 2008, 4:45 pm
Banned

Solo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by snodog
I 526 approved.
That's one more step down the road..............

I'm in a very good mood today
Hi Snodog,
Good news concerning your initial (I-526). Our attorney has very recently filed our EB-5 and awaiting confirmation receipt form USCIS. Invested with AMLife. What area are you planning on locating to in Florida?

Solo
Old Jun 6th 2008, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

porvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really nice

Snodog

Congratulations. We are now on part 2 of the visa application. So even more required, photos etc. I think then it is the interview.

Will keep you updated.

Porvera
Old Jun 6th 2008, 5:31 pm
Banned

Solo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by porvera
Snodog

Congratulations. We are now on part 2 of the visa application. So even more required, photos etc. I think then it is the interview.

Will keep you updated.

Porvera
Porvera

Congratulations. Pleased your petition in progressing and stage 2 is in progress. I think I'm correct in saying you can arrange medicals prior to your interview at the US Embassy.

Solo
Old Jun 9th 2008, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

porvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really niceporvera is just really nice

Thanks Solo,

We are actually in Spain, so will be going via the Madrid Embassy. I am not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

From what I understand we have to use a doctor that is recommended by the Embassy, so if this is in Madrid it will be a pain. But I will look into the possibility of doing the medicals sooner rather than later.

Our attorneys think it could be up to 3 months before the interview. Will keep you posted.

Porvera
Old Jun 9th 2008, 4:18 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Solo,

We are actually in Spain, so will be going via the Madrid Embassy. I am not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

From what I understand we have to use a doctor that is recommended by the Embassy, so if this is in Madrid it will be a pain. But I will look into the possibility of doing the medicals sooner rather than later.

Our attorneys think it could be up to 3 months before the interview. Will keep you posted.

Porvera
I hear very nice things about the Madrid IV Unit. You should be able to find what you need at this link:

http://madrid.usembassy.gov/cons/imm...mentbased.html

Information for non-Spanish Applicants:

1. If you are a resident of Spain, regardless of your nationality, you can apply for your visa in Spain. During the interview, you will have to prove that you have binding economic and social ties to Spain. If you have both Spanish nationality and the nationality of another country, you should apply in your country of normal residency.

2.If you are not a resident of Spain you should apply in your country of residency.

The medical info is here: http://madrid.usembassy.gov/cons/imm...important.html

It's not that the doc must be embassy 'recommended'--more like 'required'. The immigration medical is specific.
Check on that link that you do not need a case number from the Consulate before booking your medicals--sometimes you must wait. And they have several flashing notices posted that look important.
Old Jun 9th 2008, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

Meauxna

Thank you for the reply and useful links.

The list of vaccinations looks a little daunting!

We are resident in Spain hence the Madrid Embassy route. I wonder if like the rest of Spain everything closes down in August?

Porvera
Old Jun 9th 2008, 7:26 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Meauxna

Thank you for the reply and useful links.

The list of vaccinations looks a little daunting!

We are resident in Spain hence the Madrid Embassy route. I wonder if like the rest of Spain everything closes down in August?

Porvera
Pretty much. In addition, you have any American holidays they can throw in there, and that is the time the State Dept postings rotate, so schedules slow down a bit. We also did a 3rd country filing/interview, but if you're really residents there, no problemo.

The vax are things you have probably already had. If you can get your vaccine history from your long-term doctor, that will help. If there are vax that you're sure you've had or do not need, you can arrange for extra testing (called titre testing) where they can check you for antibodies. We also found that the doctor will interview you to find out where you were born/grew up/what era so he/she can determine what you have already had. IE; UKC hub also served in the military and from his posting schedule, the doc determined that DH would've already had certain shots. The only thing he wound up needing was a tetanus booster.
Moral of the story? Don't try to self-diagnose.. we thought DH would need several other shots & we almost got them before the medical. Not needed.

Make sure you've ordered your civil documents and have them ready.. when the interview call comes, you can be Johnny on the spot.
Instructions for Immigrant Visa Applicants
Your documents may not go through the NVC, but the list is the same.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

Meauxna

Once again thanks for the good advice.

Would you happen to know what happens if you are called for the interview and the dates clash with a holiday? Are you given a choice of dates?

Many thanks

Porvera
Old Jun 10th 2008, 4:52 pm

Meauxna

Once again thanks for the good advice.

Would you happen to know what happens if you are called for the interview and the dates clash with a holiday? Are you given a choice of dates?

Many thanks

Porvera
Do you mean holiday as in 'vacation'.. ie you going away?
You may get a couple/few weeks notice ahead of your interview. If you don't like that date, you can try to reschedule, but that always opens the door for a problem opportunity. they do not call you up and offer a selection of dates though.. you get your shot & it then depends on your level of urgency. Most of the cases I watch are marriage based and the people can't wait to leave & reunite in the US.
People do change their interview dates.

I did mean to mention before--our interview was in August. They don't actually shut down, put will observe holidays for both countries.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Solo
Hi Snodog,
Good news concerning your initial (I-526). Our attorney has very recently filed our EB-5 and awaiting confirmation receipt form USCIS. Invested with AMLife. What area are you planning on locating to in Florida?

Solo

Florida

We're cold weather people, we're heading off to alaska
Old Jul 10th 2008, 12:35 am
Just Joined

JohnPaul is an unknown quantity at this point

Harsh, but might be true. Asked AmLife earlier today. No I-526 petitions with Marriott have been approved as of yet. Reckoned some of the Marriott investors have already sent out response to RFE.

Originally Posted by Beachbound
Hello Calgary from Kelowna!! We applied Sept. 26th and have received the same info on the USCIS website...and Lincoln is as puzzled as we are. I can't quite understand the order in which they deal with the petitions. On your monthly AL statement it shows applicants from as far back as Feb. 07. Certainly seeing as they have not yet had anything approved, they will be first upon approval of AL's Marriot. How long then until we receive our approval? I give it another 6 months at least!! JB.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 2:39 pm
Just Joined

floridagal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meauxna
Do you mean holiday as in 'vacation'.. ie you going away?
You may get a couple/few weeks notice ahead of your interview. If you don't like that date, you can try to reschedule, but that always opens the door for a problem opportunity. they do not call you up and offer a selection of dates though.. you get your shot & it then depends on your level of urgency. Most of the cases I watch are marriage based and the people can't wait to leave & reunite in the US.
People do change their interview dates.

I did mean to mention before--our interview was in August. They don't actually shut down, put will observe holidays for both countries.
Does anyone know if US gov. will give me any trouble about going to states on vacation next month? Just got initial approval, do I need to get anything from lawyer? Haven't had any trouble the last 2 times I've been....can't believe I've had time for 3 vacations since applying....what a ridiculous amount of time to wait!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.