EB 5 Visa- USCIS - Mini rant

Old Apr 23rd 2008, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

snodog is just really nicesnodog is just really nicesnodog is just really nicesnodog is just really nicesnodog is just really nicesnodog is just really nicesnodog is just really nicesnodog is just really nice
Default EB 5 Visa- USCIS - Mini rant

I 526 submitted by our attorney to the Texas Service Center on 8 December.

They reckoned we'd hear something after approx 90 days. So, managed to put all impending move thoughts to the back of my mind for a good few weeks. Early March arrived, no word, late March, no word.
Decided to check USCIS Process Times on their site - umm, at 15 Feb they are processing applications filed mid Aug 07.
Wait 30 days - USCIS update at 15 March - now up to 8 Oct 07 - woohooo,
Wait another 30 days - USCIS update at 15 April - now at 15 Oct 07 :curse:

Dear USCIS
Get your fingers out, you lot and start processing some cases this month, at a better rate than a week's worth of applications in a month
I've been patient long enough

There, I feel a little better now, especially after writing and deleting most of the abusive parts.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 12:30 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EB 5 Visa- USCIS - Mini rant

Originally Posted by snodog

They reckoned we'd hear something after approx 90 days. So, managed to put all impending move thoughts to the back of my mind for a good few weeks. Early March arrived, no word, late March, no word.
Decided to check USCIS Process Times on their site - umm, at 15 Feb they are processing applications filed mid Aug 07.

Dear USCIS
Get your fingers out, you lot and start processing some cases this month, at a better rate than a week's worth of applications in a month

There, I feel a little better now, especially after writing and deleting most of the abusive parts.
I seem to recall most E-5s are taking up to a year ..
but don't follow the dates ..it lead to a path of madness
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

Havnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snodog

Dear USCIS

We filed our I-526 at the California Service Center on AUGUST 31/07 and we are stilling waiting!

You will drive yourself crazy if you watch the USCIS processing times.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 8:04 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Havnfun
We filed our I-526 at the California Service Center on AUGUST 31/07 and we are stilling waiting!

You will drive yourself crazy if you watch the USCIS processing times.
ooh, but that is good for you---CSC is on Aug 17 2007 currently.
If/when that date is 30 days past your filing date, you've got grounds to complain.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

Havnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
ooh, but that is good for you---CSC is on Aug 17 2007 currently.
If/when that date is 30 days past your filing date, you've got grounds to complain.
What is driving us crazy is that USCIS has already told our lawyer that they are going to be filing a RFE but we have been waiting since January and they still haven't done it yet! So nothing is happening on our file right now.

USCIS has updated the processing dates as of April 15 and the CSC in now on Sept. 13/07.

Last edited by Havnfun; Apr 23rd 2008 at 8:19 pm.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 8:20 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

What is driving us crazy is that USCIS has already told our lawyer that they are going to be filing a RFE but we have been waiting since January and they still haven't done it yet! So nothing is happening on our file right now.
hmm. I have no idea about your type of case, and how exactly the petition process is different.
But... in a family based case, advance notice of an RFE is sent by email, but you don't know what for until you get the RFE letter in the mail. If this much time had gone by waiting for the letter (after the email), it could indicate a mail delivery problem, and since RFEs have a deadline for response, a potential case problem.

The RFE is 'good' news only in that you know *your* case is actually off the shelf and being worked on.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
hmm. I have no idea about your type of case, and how exactly the petition process is different.
But... in a family based case, advance notice of an RFE is sent by email, but you don't know what for until you get the RFE letter in the mail. If this much time had gone by waiting for the letter (after the email), it could indicate a mail delivery problem, and since RFEs have a deadline for response, a potential case problem.

The RFE is 'good' news only in that you know *your* case is actually off the shelf and being worked on.
There has been no letter or email by USCIC just phone conversations with the lawyer and USCIS. There are quite a number of us who have invested with American Life in Seattle with the EB5 program all using the same lawyer. It is a new project and USCIS is holding all of the I-526 filed with this project and have said that they will be sending out a RFE shortly.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

ri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of light

After months of dealing with USCIS - I know how frustrating they can be....even if I did get the green in the end.

Within the path to madness - this link on Youtube made me laugh...might give you a chuckle

Hang in there all...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-30BZtpvaTY
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 9:45 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

There has been no letter or email by USCIC just phone conversations with the lawyer and USCIS. There are quite a number of us who have invested with American Life in Seattle with the EB5 program all using the same lawyer. It is a new project and USCIS is holding all of the I-526 filed with this project and have said that they will be sending out a RFE shortly.
Hi:

FWIW, Mark Ivener enjoys a good reputation with the bar.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 10:51 pm

Ah, clearly out of my knowledge base then.

best wishes from the PNW!
Old Apr 24th 2008, 12:32 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

What is driving us crazy is that USCIS has already told our lawyer that they are going to be filing a RFE but we have been waiting since January and they still haven't done it yet!
Whatever else you do... do *not* ignore the RFE... even if it never arrives!

Ian
Old Apr 24th 2008, 12:37 am

Originally Posted by ian-mstm

Ian

Sad, but true.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 1:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm

Ian

Would never do that! Lawyer is in contact with USCIS on a weekly basis they just haven't sent it out yet.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 2:07 pm
Martin

Martin Brown is an unknown quantity at this point

I think they have raised the RFE. I got an email from AmLife saying that an RFE had been issued (15.4.08). It was on an early investor's case but it was a generic enquiry about the whole project rather than the individual investor. Amlife were confident they could answer it satisfactorily but had to go back to Marriot to get some of the answers. I would imagine that they need only raise such RFE's on the project on the first case.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Martin Brown
I think they have raised the RFE. I got an email from AmLife saying that an RFE had been issued (15.4.08). It was on an early investor's case but it was a generic enquiry about the whole project rather than the individual investor. Amlife were confident they could answer it satisfactorily but had to go back to Marriot to get some of the answers. I would imagine that they need only raise such RFE's on the project on the first case.
That is great news. Thanks for the update.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.