EB-5 Immigration via Investment

Old Jul 8th 2009, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

DustyD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EB-5 Immigration via Investment

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum. I'm a US Citizen working for a company with a great project that we may consider using EB-5 financing for as well (we recently became eligible as a Regional Center).

My question for you guys is, how did you hear about EB-5 Investment opportunities? It seems for me the hardest part about opening up this opportunity for foreign investors is finding the proper was to reach out to them and make them aware about the investment.

Any insight would be very appreciative. Thanks.

Cheers,

Max
Old Jul 8th 2009, 4:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

cranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EB-5 Immigration via Investment

Originally Posted by DustyD
My question for you guys is, how did you hear about EB-5 Investment opportunities?
Google search for me.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

snodog is just really nicesnodog is just really nicesnodog is just really nicesnodog is just really nicesnodog is just really nicesnodog is just really nicesnodog is just really nicesnodog is just really nice

Google was our starting point.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 5:25 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cranston
Google search for me.
I truly appreciate the responses. Quite frankly this research could be the make or break point for my own job (I need to report to the project managers).

Quick question if you could further enlighten me if you have a second...

During a Google search did you look for investments directly, through the US Immigration website, Immigration attorney etc.? In the end, how did you end up finding the property you ultimately invested in is what I'm trying to figure out.

Again, your responses have been more than helpful.

Thanks.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 5:28 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum. I'm a US Citizen working for a company with a great project that we may consider using EB-5 financing for as well (we recently became eligible as a Regional Center).

My question for you guys is, how did you hear about EB-5 Investment opportunities? It seems for me the hardest part about opening up this opportunity for foreign investors is finding the proper was to reach out to them and make them aware about the investment.

Any insight would be very appreciative. Thanks.

Cheers,

Max
Hi:

From observation, I would be quite wary of overseas agents to market the investment.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 5:54 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Be different..employ a quality law firm to do all the legal stuff at a non rip off rate .. keep away all the Sloths that leech onto the EB-5 bandwagon .. particularly visa consultants and realtors.... Be different keep it in house

Of course if its a holiday resort in Florida or a block of offices somewhere ..forget it ... try and manufacture something people can invest in ...
Old Jul 8th 2009, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

cranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond repute

During a Google search did you look for investments directly, through the US Immigration website, .
Stage 1. Firstly, I got a list of all the EB5 targeted zones available.

Stage 2. Based on my individual preferences and biases I eliminated 80% of the projects immediately. I am quite happy making snap judgements.

Stage 3. I then gathered further information on the remaining short-lists. At this stage I did contact firms directly.

Stage 4. Using information gathered from this site, the companies themselves, my Attorneys opinion, my own analysis I was able to trim my short-list to two candidates.

Last edited by cranston; Jul 8th 2009 at 6:47 pm.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cranston
Stage 1. Firstly, I got a list of all the EB5 targeted zones available.

Stage 2. Based on my individual preferences and biases I eliminated 80% of the projects immediately. I am quite happy making snap judgements.

Stage 3. I then gathered further information on the remaining short-lists. At this stage I did contact firms directly.

Stage 4. Using information gathered from this site, the companies themselves, my Attorneys opinion, my own analysis I was able to trim my short-list to two candidates.
Cranston, can't thank you enough for the help. If you are ever in the Boston area let me know and I'll buy you a beer.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

snodog is just really nicesnodog is just really nicesnodog is just really nicesnodog is just really nicesnodog is just really nicesnodog is just really nicesnodog is just really nicesnodog is just really nice

Our process was scarily similar to Cranston's..................

Ray from this site was also a useful resource.

In the end, we went with a scheme that we felt more personally interested in, rather than basing it on pure business numbers.

DustyD, if you are indeed marketing an EB5 scheme, it would be nice if it was presented without any additional, unnecessary layers/fee collectors.
Old Aug 8th 2009, 12:51 am
Just Joined

klezmer41 is an unknown quantity at this point

I could really use some advice in this area. I'm the CEO of a California startup, and I just found out about the EB-5 program as an alternative to VCs. Would it be best to proceed as a direct C-Corp, or form a Regional Center?