EB-5 CMB or Jay Peak?

Old Sep 8th 2013, 3:01 pm
Just Joined

Jalsalmi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EB-5 CMB or Jay Peak?

Thanks for the explanation. This immigration is difficult. Not sure sometimes if it is worth it anyway.
Old Sep 9th 2013, 2:01 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jalsalmi
Thanks for the explanation. This immigration is difficult. Not sure sometimes if it is worth it anyway.
With the many issues connected to living in the US that crop up regularly on this forum, including, but not confined to, the cost of health and auto insurance, the quality of public education at both high school and lower undergraduate level, the level of gun crime, the appalling standard of driving, the questionable quality of some foods, the high cost of basic foods, the insane cost of housing in several states and major cities, etc. etc., you may have a point!
Old Sep 9th 2013, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

John_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
With the many issues connected to living in the US that crop up regularly on this forum, including, but not confined to, the cost of health and auto insurance, the quality of public education at both high school and lower undergraduate level, the level of gun crime, the appalling standard of driving, the questionable quality of some foods, the high cost of basic foods, the insane cost of housing in several states and major cities, etc. etc., you may have a point!
May I assume that you are preparing to return to the UK? Why to stay?
Old Sep 9th 2013, 11:18 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John_K.
Why did you assume that?.. I would suggest his answer would be NO.
Old Sep 9th 2013, 11:24 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps because this is now his home, he is settled with employment and a mortgage, not to mention his sweetheart - which is the reason most of u are here anyway.
Old Sep 9th 2013, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

John_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
Perhaps because this is now his home, he is settled with employment and a mortgage, not to mention his sweetheart - which is the reason most of u are here anyway.
I guess that he tries to warn people about the issues that can arise when moving here but the US is not the same everywhere and he creates a very dark picture. There are also great schools and I think that the driving is actually much better than most other countries. Auto insurance is expensive in the first years but then drops quickly. Health insurance is expensive but in many countries you would pay higher taxes.
Old Sep 9th 2013, 12:19 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Ha! No way! ..... I was just citing the laundry list of complaints that many people have. I have on several occasions suggested to those who bang on and on, week after week, month after month about the same issues, that they should just leave. If you really don't like it, just GO! ..... Oh, and BTW, if you read my post carefully, I said "you may have a point", I didn't say I agreed with it!

For me, I have good quality health insurance my daughter and me for $100/ mth (my wife has identical coverage through her own employment), my vehicle insurance runs $430/ vehicle/ year with a known, reputable insurance company, my daughter goes to a private school focussed on academic development, gun crime does not directly concern me (it might if I owned a convenience store, delivered pizza, worked in a bank branch, or lived in a different part of town, but I don't x4), when driving, I focus on driving (mine, and what all the other idiots are doing) and avoid a lot of wrecks that might otherwise have happened, we eat a varied diet, with as many organic vegetables as we can find, minimize consumption of prepared meals, and grow our own tomatoes and vegetables most years, and we fled New York in the early 2000's property boom for lower cost, and higher quality housing further south. So, in conclusion, I have all the bases covered, and no major complaints, and to be totally clear, I have no intention of leaving! .... But thanks for asking!

Originally Posted by civilservant
Nope, even if Mrs P fell under a bus ( ) I wouldn't leave. I like it here in the US, but it isn't for everyone.

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Why did you assume that?.. I would suggest his answer would be NO.
Good call, Mike! .... It's good to know that you're paying attention.

Last edited by Pulaski; Sep 9th 2013 at 12:33 pm.
Old Sep 9th 2013, 3:58 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Nice Pulaski, nice
Old Sep 10th 2013, 10:26 am
Just Joined

I wonder if anyone might be able to help. Trying to decide when to apply for the EB-5, because it seems like the only way for us. So as I understand that for my children to be able to receive their GC they must be under 21. Does anyone know whether if they were below 21 at time of processing is sufficient? I know for regular I-130 the age is frozen, but for EB-5 I read an article that said they have to be less then 21 when GC is issued?

Next complicated question. If I (wife) am the main petitioner and my husband needs to stay for a year or two can he join us later? Or will I have to petition for him as a F2a which takes 2 years? Also during that time can he visit on a tourist visa?
Sorry I know it's complicated, but our situation is complicated!
Old Sep 10th 2013, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Ha! No way! ..... I was just citing the laundry list of complaints that many people have. I have on several occasions suggested to those who bang on and on, week after week, month after month about the same issues, that they should just leave. If you really don't like it, just GO! ..... Oh, and BTW, if you read my post carefully, I said "you may have a point", I didn't say I agreed with it!

For me, I have good quality health insurance my daughter and me for $100/ mth (my wife has identical coverage through her own employment), my vehicle insurance runs $430/ vehicle/ year with a known, reputable insurance company, my daughter goes to a private school focussed on academic development, gun crime does not directly concern me (it might if I owned a convenience store, delivered pizza, worked in a bank branch, or lived in a different part of town, but I don't x4), when driving, I focus on driving (mine, and what all the other idiots are doing) and avoid a lot of wrecks that might otherwise have happened, we eat a varied diet, with as many organic vegetables as we can find, minimize consumption of prepared meals, and grow our own tomatoes and vegetables most years, and we fled New York in the early 2000's property boom for lower cost, and higher quality housing further south. So, in conclusion, I have all the bases covered, and no major complaints, and to be totally clear, I have no intention of leaving! .... But thanks for asking!

Nope, even if Mrs P fell under a bus ( ) I wouldn't leave. I like it here in the US, but it isn't for everyone.

Good call, Mike! .... It's good to know that you're paying attention.
Great reply
Old Sep 10th 2013, 1:53 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

If I (wife) am the main petitioner and my husband needs to stay for a year or two can he join us later?
I believe so, yes - as long as he is included in the application. It's known as "following to join".

Ian
Old Sep 10th 2013, 2:05 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

If you are the petitioner. The adjective may look pretty but it's meaningless since there is only one petitioner.

I believe that a visa for a derivative beneficiary must be issued within 1 year of the issuance of a visa to the primary beneficiary. Alternatively, your husband could immigrate with you and then leave temporarily. If the temporary absence will be for 1-2 years a re-entry permit should be applied for prior to leaving.

Given the expense of EB-5 immigration, the cost of a consultation with an appropriate US immigration attorney to discuss the details of your husbands needs would be insignificant and would be helpful for determining your plan of action.

Regards, JEff
If I (wife) am the main petitioner and my husband needs to stay for a year or two can he join us later?
Old Sep 10th 2013, 2:22 pm
Mouthy Yank

Speedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if anyone might be able to help. Trying to decide when to apply for the EB-5, because it seems like the only way for us. So as I understand that for my children to be able to receive their GC they must be under 21. Does anyone know whether if they were below 21 at time of processing is sufficient? I know for regular I-130 the age is frozen, but for EB-5 I read an article that said they have to be less then 21 when GC is issued.
The child has to be under 21 and unmarried. It's my understanding that the child loses eligibility when they turn 21, and if they lose that eligibility before the visa application is adjudicated, then they cannot be considered eligible at the time of decision even if the application was accepted for processing before their actual birthday.

Since this is an area of the law that did not apply to me at the time I filed, my confidence is not perfect, and I'd like someone else here to verify that what I said is correct.
Old Sep 10th 2013, 2:34 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your help. Just trying to get an idea of the rules. We will see.
Thanks again.