EB-1 viable??

Old Nov 7th 2013, 10:39 pm
Account Closed

goldenstate31 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EB-1 viable??

Originally Posted by customsquestion
I accept eb1 and eb2 is a shot for you. But your post makes it sound like your against the U.S allowing 5k overseas grad into the country every year on visas. But don't you want to be one of those 5k that gets that visa? Are the 5k visas none immigrant visas or green cards?

How do you intend the pursue this. Are you going to go straight for the green card from the UK or are you going to try and get a non immigrant visa maybe a j1 even h1b and work U.S operation for several years and then do a green card filing from inside the U.S. The second option it should be noted might be more fruitful in the longer term who knows how you could meet after a few years of working out there. Could meet a woman get married, could make good business contacts and end up going into practice with people you have been working with. That could open up an eb5 situation.
you are clearly trolling! If I was a moderator of this forum, I would question your logic and reasons for posting on here my friend. Because it isnt for any other reason than to irritate other members of this forum. Because just about every post of yours is complete *^%%*+)!
Old Nov 7th 2013, 10:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goldenstate31
you are clearly trolling! If I was a moderator of this forum, I would question your logic and reasons for posting on here my friend. Because it isnt for any other reason than to irritate other members of this forum. Because just about every post of yours is complete *^%%*+)!
Customsquestion is currently taking a 1 month break from BE.
Old Nov 8th 2013, 11:49 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Enforced?
Old Nov 9th 2013, 12:54 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I love you! I want to have your child.

Ian
Old Nov 9th 2013, 4:04 am
Banned

notshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to behold

Just wanted to ask once the EB1a or Eb2 etc is filed does that mean you cant visit the US for say 1-2 weeks because you want to check a few things out?

I'm pretty sure you still can as long as usual ties blah blah
Old Nov 9th 2013, 1:02 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by notshipman
... once the EB1a or Eb2 etc is filed does that mean you cant visit the US for say 1-2 weeks...
No.

I'm pretty sure you still can...
Correct.

Ian
Old Nov 12th 2013, 8:17 pm
Banned

notshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to behold

jxv73 I would honestly disagree as I think for those 3k US citizens that did not match they would be willing to take an FM spot in Montana or frankly anywhere rather than going unmatched.

this is what surprises me regarding the medical field in the US, the fact that so many US citizens go unmatched while on the same hand they take bucket loads of docs needing visas mainly from the subcontinent. I would have thought Congress would have been lobbied on this issue. In no other field perhaps IT excepted would this be tolerated.

I would have thought there should be a blanket policy US citizens etc first then the rest. End of the day you dont need Einsteins in residency standard competence is enough.
Old Nov 13th 2013, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

e3geek is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Michael
There is a software engineer on BE that went the EB-1 route and he claimed it wasn't very difficult. He is now working as a free lancer.
I would like to talk to that guy... Is he still around?
Old Nov 13th 2013, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

jxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond repute

jxv73 I would honestly disagree as I think for those 3k US citizens that did not match they would be willing to take an FM spot in Montana or frankly anywhere rather than going unmatched.

this is what surprises me regarding the medical field in the US, the fact that so many US citizens go unmatched while on the same hand they take bucket loads of docs needing visas mainly from the subcontinent. I would have thought Congress would have been lobbied on this issue. In no other field perhaps IT excepted would this be tolerated.

I would have thought there should be a blanket policy US citizens etc first then the rest. End of the day you dont need Einsteins in residency standard competence is enough.
US medical schools do not graduate enough students. The difference needs to be replaced with IMGs. Residency programs do not care if an IMG is a citizen or not. They care about their ability to see patients and to pass the specilaty boards. If you have had to repeat the USMLE 3 times, then what residency program will want you? Should they be compelled to hire you?

The current immigration policy is the result of many years of back and forth between "let's keep everyone out" and "let's let everybody in".
Old Nov 14th 2013, 3:27 pm
Banned

point taken jxv73 but I doubt many of those 3k US citizens who didnt match were of the 'fail USMLE' 3 times category either. There is poor correlation anyhow between USMLE scores and performance as a resident and a future doctor. Indeed some think that a very high scorer would be too nerdy to relate well to patients. That could also be too superficial view also! Anyhow apparently this year the number of 1st year AMGs enrolled is more than the total residency spots so the situation is only likely to get worse in the future it appears
Old Nov 14th 2013, 4:00 pm
Account Closed

Indeed some think that a very high scorer would be too nerdy to relate well to patients.
That probably wouldn't make much of a difference in the US... since most doctors likely don't relate well to patients anyway. They rely on the nurses to do that for them. Personally, I'd rather have a smart doctor who can't relate than a mediocre doctor with a great bedside manner.

Ian
Old Nov 14th 2013, 8:21 pm
Banned

Agree Ian but high USMLE scores dont necessarily translate into smart streetwise doc in the flesh as like most medical exams it tests a lot of medical minutiae that you frankly would never see in day to day practise. Common things occur commonly and all that...
Old Nov 14th 2013, 8:33 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

That seems common, when I did my Insurance Exams it was stuff that you hardly ever came across in day to day operations.

Nature of the beast.
Old Nov 15th 2013, 10:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

jxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond repute

There is poor correlation anyhow between USMLE scores and performance as a resident and a future doctor.
Probably true. But guess what program directors care about? Not future performance as a doctor, but future performance in the specialty Boards. And nothing correlates better with future performance in the specialty boards than performance in the USMLE.

There were 17,400 AMG applicants last year, compared to 26,400 positions. The rest has to come from IMGs.

See table 5: http://b83c73bcf0e7ca356c80-e8560f46...nddata2013.pdf
(Note table 1 make sit look like there is 26K AMGs but this is because many AMGs are counted twice or more if they apply to more than one specialty)
Old Nov 16th 2013, 5:43 pm
Banned

Agree....if the number of AMGs and US citizen IMGs (mainly Caribb grads) are added together practically all the spots would be filled maybe some overspill as not all of them would want prelim spots.

An AMG with below average scores maybe even the odd failure would usurp any IMG so my impression would be that for a US citizen IMG same principle would apply but it doesnt well not generally unlike in Australia, Canada etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.