EB-1 viable??

Old Nov 2nd 2013, 11:04 pm
Banned

notshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: EB-1 viable??

jxv73 I see what you mean but practically all residency programs run a 5 year cut off filter for YOG so you could be practically a genius but you are in a 'computer says no' scenario and with thousands of applicants yours will never be read.

agree the getting hired by a university direct is an option but you will be always be tied to that institution and ?they pay less as they know you are tied to them too.
Old Nov 3rd 2013, 1:01 am
BE Enthusiast

jxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by notshipman
jxv73 I see what you mean but practically all residency programs run a 5 year cut off filter for YOG so you could be practically a genius but you are in a 'computer says no' scenario and with thousands of applicants yours will never be read.
There are ways past those filters, none are easy, but it's not impossible. Usually involves getting to know people inside the program, through research, observerships and other contacts. Getting back to topic, making your application stronger by one of these means increases your chances of getting an H1B visa.
Old Nov 3rd 2013, 8:10 am
Banned

customsquestion has a reputation beyond reputecustomsquestion has a reputation beyond reputecustomsquestion has a reputation beyond reputecustomsquestion has a reputation beyond reputecustomsquestion has a reputation beyond reputecustomsquestion has a reputation beyond reputecustomsquestion has a reputation beyond reputecustomsquestion has a reputation beyond reputecustomsquestion has a reputation beyond reputecustomsquestion has a reputation beyond reputecustomsquestion has a reputation beyond repute

What about doing something for Doctors Without Borders a lot of americans get involved in that don't they? You would probably meet some american medical people work with them for a while, you would come out of it with some good contacts that might get you closer to the inside. Brits can work for Doctors Without Borders can't they? Or is that an american only thing. I only know of it because my mate's irish friend the radiographer his american gf did it.
Old Nov 3rd 2013, 10:06 pm
Banned

notshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to beholdnotshipman is a splendid one to behold

agree jxv73 everything what you say is correct just a bit of a hard slog.

thought if I could get the EB-1 gives more options and takes the H1 issue out of the equation altogether!
Old Nov 5th 2013, 3:32 am
Banned

always amazes me that around 5k visa seeking foreign grads get into the system while around the same number US citizen overseas grads dont!! I mean you get so much talk on here about why they should hire you when they have x number of Americans waiting but in the medical field that policy appears to go out the window. Certainly in no other Western country would this be tolerated and am surprised that Congress has not been lobbied over this issue yet.
Old Nov 5th 2013, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

jxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond repute

always amazes me that around 5k visa seeking foreign grads get into the system while around the same number US citizen overseas grads dont!! I mean you get so much talk on here about why they should hire you when they have x number of Americans waiting but in the medical field that policy appears to go out the window. Certainly in no other Western country would this be tolerated and am surprised that Congress has not been lobbied over this issue yet.
Few US Citizens would want to take an Family Medicine residency in inner city Detroit or New York, or in rural Montana. Just sayin'. Congress has been lobbied.. to increase the number of spots for IMGs, increase the number of J-1 visas, so that these underserverd areas get doctors.
Old Nov 5th 2013, 4:10 pm
Banned

customsquestion has a reputation beyond reputecustomsquestion has a reputation beyond reputecustomsquestion has a reputation beyond reputecustomsquestion has a reputation beyond reputecustomsquestion has a reputation beyond reputecustomsquestion has a reputation beyond reputecustomsquestion has a reputation beyond reputecustomsquestion has a reputation beyond reputecustomsquestion has a reputation beyond reputecustomsquestion has a reputation beyond reputecustomsquestion has a reputation beyond repute

I am surprised you are moaning about it as by your own admission you acknowledge you will find it difficult to get the eb1 green card. One of these visas may be the only way into the states for a person of your skills set. Without that it might be even more difficult for a medical person to get in. Even if you can get a h1b and I don't know if you can. H1b so far as I am aware is a lottery draw these days. They get like 200k petitions for 65k visas. The petition cap is either hit in the first day or sometimes it makes as far as the first week. It used to take months but not anymore.

Last edited by customsquestion; Nov 5th 2013 at 4:14 pm.
Old Nov 5th 2013, 4:28 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by customsquestion
...Even if you can get a h1b and I don't know if you can. H1b so far as I am aware is a lottery draw these days. They get like 200k petitions for 65k visas. The petition cap is either hit in the first day or sometimes it makes as far as the first week. It used to take months but not anymore.
A lot of the residency programs are in teaching hospitals though, which are cap exempt.
Old Nov 5th 2013, 6:59 pm
Banned

customs you have bad amnesia as has been pointed out earlier in the thread practically all residency visas are cap exempt! So essentially your whole post is irrelevant.

Just that if can get an EB-1A it takes the whole issue out of the equation but I also found out I qualify for an EB-2 with an NIW which apparently is a lot easier to get, relatively speaking.
Old Nov 5th 2013, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute

customs you have bad amnesia as has been pointed out earlier in the thread practically all residency visas are cap exempt! So essentially your whole post is irrelevant.

Just that if can get an EB-1A it takes the whole issue out of the equation but I also found out I qualify for an EB-2 with an NIW which apparently is a lot easier to get, relatively speaking.
Best thing to do is to talk to an attorney and see which one is best for you and how they could put the application together.
Old Nov 6th 2013, 11:23 am
Banned

I accept eb1 and eb2 is a shot for you. But your post makes it sound like your against the U.S allowing 5k overseas grad into the country every year on visas. But don't you want to be one of those 5k that gets that visa? Are the 5k visas none immigrant visas or green cards?

How do you intend the pursue this. Are you going to go straight for the green card from the UK or are you going to try and get a non immigrant visa maybe a j1 even h1b and work U.S operation for several years and then do a green card filing from inside the U.S. The second option it should be noted might be more fruitful in the longer term who knows how you could meet after a few years of working out there. Could meet a woman get married, could make good business contacts and end up going into practice with people you have been working with. That could open up an eb5 situation.
Old Nov 6th 2013, 6:52 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by customsquestion
Are the 5k visas none immigrant visas or green cards?
How can a "5k visa" be a green card? They are not the same thing.

Are you going to go straight for the green card from the UK...
No one can ever go straight for a green card from the UK. There always has to be some kind of visa involved first.

Rene

p.s. - Ian, I went for it. LOL
Old Nov 6th 2013, 9:44 pm
Banned

You can either take customs 2 ways either get angry or laugh at his ridiculousness!!

I mean whatever you say to him his replies become more insane. In 1 post he lurches from h1 to j1 to eb5 via various zig zag routes only he could dream up!

Also general query how can you check a lawyer out? Is there a verification site as such? Many thanks
Old Nov 6th 2013, 9:56 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Also general query how can you check a lawyer out? Is there a verification site as such? Many thanks
If he's a member of AILA, you can look him up at www.ailalawyer.com. But I don't know if they "verify" anything there. If you find out what state a particular lawyer practices in, you can google that State Board and see if there's anything on him.

rene
Old Nov 7th 2013, 10:24 pm
Account Closed

goldenstate31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Have you actually looked up the requirements for an EB-1A? Once you do, you might want to alter your comment.

Ian
beat me to it. Although Ian you are much better qualified to answer these posts than me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.