Wikiposts

Earnings and sponsorship

Old Jun 9th 2003, 8:49 pm
~*~ GODDESSMUMZ.COM~*~

visionofheaven is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Earnings and sponsorship

Everyone one here seems so clever I feel like a fool not knowing answers to these questions Im asking... sorry for being a dumdum.

OK...... My Husband and I live in the UK.... we want to move to the USA (his homeland) but there is the question of £$£$£$£$

He earns in the UK but does not /will not have a job in the USA until we move out there..... We will have a house to move in to though which belongs to his parents and I have a regular income of child support from my ex partner which is more than enough to support us out there for a while.

Will our application be refused as we have no income out there?

Thanx ! )
Old Jun 9th 2003, 10:55 pm
Here we go Pittsburgh!

ukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Earnings and sponsorship

Originally posted by visionofheaven
Everyone one here seems so clever I feel like a fool not knowing answers to these questions Im asking... sorry for being a dumdum.

OK...... My Husband and I live in the UK.... we want to move to the USA (his homeland) but there is the question of £$£$£$£$

He earns in the UK but does not /will not have a job in the USA until we move out there..... We will have a house to move in to though which belongs to his parents and I have a regular income of child support from my ex partner which is more than enough to support us out there for a while.

Will our application be refused as we have no income out there?

Thanx ! )
You can get someone in the US to be a co-sponsor, or if you have enough savings, you might have 5x125% poverty level, or whatever it may be for the number of people in your household in the US. I'd advise the co-sponsor route if possible.

Also read the notes that come with whatever forms your looking at, be it the I864 or whatever. This (I864) was probably the most troublesome form for me in terms of filling it out, as the instructions weren't terribly clear.

Sam.
Old Jun 10th 2003, 1:00 am
Andy Platt

Default Re: Earnings and sponsorship

It's a nasty catch-22: He can use his income so long as he can show it will
continue in the US but it's hard to get the job in the US before you move.
Do you have a house in the UK because that would be valuable assets if so.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

"visionofheaven" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Everyone one here seems so clever I feel like a fool not knowing answers
    > to these questions Im asking... sorry for being a dumdum.
    > OK...... My Husband and I live in the UK.... we want to move to the USA
    > (his homeland) but there is the question of £$£$£$£$
    > He earns in the UK but does not /will not have a job in the USA until
    > we move out there..... We will have a house to move in to though which
    > belongs to his parents and I have a regular income of child support
    > from my ex partner which is more than enough to support us out there
    > for a while.
    > Will our application be refused as we have no income out there?
    > Thanx ! )
    > --
    > Mom to 5, wife to the best!
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com