Early biometrics

Old Sep 29th 2009, 4:23 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Early biometrics

Originally Posted by kthx
I didn't say it would help set quicker appt date: I said going before your set appt date may accelerate the process.

On the other hand, for I751, I would think they don't even start processing my petition before my biometrics is done too?

Well then explain what you consider the "PROCESS"?

They will most certainly start the processing of the I-751 before biometrics is done. They will start all processing before biometrics are done.

That is one of the main reasons for delays, the final piece to the puzzle will be the biometrics. They will have done everything else, except in the case of AOS where an interview is required, and just await the results from fingerprinting to stamp with it an approval.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

kthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Rete
Well then explain what you consider the "PROCESS"?

They will most certainly start the processing of the I-751 before biometrics is done. They will start all processing before biometrics are done.

That is one of the main reasons for delays, the final piece to the puzzle will be the biometrics. They will have done everything else, except in the case of AOS where an interview is required, and just await the results from fingerprinting to stamp with it an approval.
That's good. Seems like going earlier is beneficial in either case then
Old Sep 29th 2009, 5:03 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Only if the security checks that are dependent on the biometrics information are on the critical path for the case.

If there are other aspects of the case that take longer to resolve than the checking of the biometric information then doing the biometrics early will have no effect.

Regards, JEff

But question is: would it accelerate the process? Logically it should..
Old Oct 1st 2009, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

makidesuu is an unknown quantity at this point

I think you will have no problem if you have it done earlier than appointment. They will need your fingerprint anyway and your fingerprint will be in their database once fingerprints were taken.

From my experience, if you plan to go on a travel before biometrics, then you should do it before travel. At the POE, they will check your fingerprints in their database. It is always better to do it quickly when you have a chance to do it.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

leopards is just really niceleopards is just really niceleopards is just really niceleopards is just really niceleopards is just really niceleopards is just really niceleopards is just really niceleopards is just really nice

Originally Posted by makidesuu
I think you will have no problem if you have it done earlier than appointment. They will need your fingerprint anyway and your fingerprint will be in their database once fingerprints were taken.

From my experience, if you plan to go on a travel before biometrics, then you should do it before travel. At the POE, they will check your fingerprints in their database. It is always better to do it quickly when you have a chance to do it.
Actually I was thinking of the shorter timeframe with earlier fingerprints. Am I right in assuming early biometrics makes the process faster in regards to waiting time i.e. instead of say for example Nov 18th approval with a late Oct appointment shouldn't the process move quicker?
Old Oct 1st 2009, 8:01 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leopards
Actually I was thinking of the shorter timeframe with earlier fingerprints. Am I right in assuming early biometrics makes the process faster in regards to waiting time i.e. instead of say for example Nov 18th approval with a late Oct appointment shouldn't the process move quicker?
Having your biometrics appointment a couple of weeks early, might make it a couple of weeks earlier approval....not a huge difference. Of course it makes logical sense that if you yourself move the process along faster, USCIS will move faster too....or they might not...no way of knowing, really.

Rene
Old Oct 1st 2009, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

leopards is just really niceleopards is just really niceleopards is just really niceleopards is just really niceleopards is just really niceleopards is just really niceleopards is just really niceleopards is just really nice

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Having your biometrics appointment a couple of weeks early, might make it a couple of weeks earlier approval....not a huge difference. Of course it makes logical sense that if you yourself move the process along faster, USCIS will move faster too....or they might not...no way of knowing, really.

Rene
Isn't the fingerprints what usually results in the longest wait though? I was told by the 800 line that the fingerprints have to be sent back before anything further is done with any case, and IO's won't even touch the file (their words) until the prints clear.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 8:11 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't the fingerprints what usually results in the longest wait though? I was told by the 800 line that the fingerprints have to be sent back before anything further is done with any case, and IO's won't even touch the file (their words) until the prints clear.
Considering that most people doing AOS get their APs and EAD's right on schedule at around 60 - 90 days after filing AOS, I wouldn't think the biometrics holds anything up for very long. As I said, if you manage to get them done a week or two early, then perhaps you'll get your AP and EAD a week or so earlier. Not a significant difference, in my opinion.

Rene
Old Oct 1st 2009, 8:15 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

The only way you will know the answer for certain is to mark your own dates and add it up when your EAD arrives. It still won't be a valid endorsement for every person, but you will know what the result in your own case was.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Considering that most people doing AOS get their APs and EAD's right on schedule at around 60 - 90 days after filing AOS, I wouldn't think the biometrics holds anything up for very long. As I said, if you manage to get them done a week or two early, then perhaps you'll get your AP and EAD a week or so earlier. Not a significant difference, in my opinion.

Rene
What is this 60 day timeframe you're talking about? All I've ever heard from anyone at uscis is 90 days or more for the EAD and AP. The last info pass appointment I attended I asked about the online processing dates and was told that's the goal not necessarily the actual timeframe. Is it possible to get an EAD in 60 days? My line of thinking for early bio was to speed things up.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 8:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

I did an early walk-in for a set of biometrics during my N-400 process - I knew I was going to be out of the country for the date on the letter. Just strolled in there a week early, explained the situation to the guard bloke; "no probs" he said, changed the date on my letter with a pen, and asked me to take a number and a seat. Easy as that.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 8:57 pm

What is this 60 day timeframe you're talking about? All I've ever heard from anyone at uscis is 90 days or more for the EAD and AP. The last info pass appointment I attended I asked about the online processing dates and was told that's the goal not necessarily the actual timeframe. Is it possible to get an EAD in 60 days? My line of thinking for early bio was to speed things up.
It "normally" takes about 60 days to get AP in hand after filing AOS. It "normally" takes about 90 days to get EAD in hand after filing AOS. Lately, things seem to have sped up in some cases, and folks have gotten their AP within 30 days, and EAD within 60 days. In one case I've seen, the person got the AOS interview notice before either the AP or the EAD came through! So you just never know.

In my opinion, going for an early walk in for biometrics is convenient if you can't make your scheduled time, or if you just have nothing better to do. I wouldn't count on it speeding anything up, but on the other hand, it won't hurt to get them done early either.

Rene
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 1:36 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Am I right in assuming early biometrics makes the process faster in regards to waiting time...
No.

If you knew *in advance* how long *exactly* it would take for the various checks based on your fingerprints to clear, and *IF* that process was static - meaning, you could stake your life on the fact that it was going to take exactly that long and no longer... then yes, having your fingerprints taken 2 weeks earlier would speed up the process.

However, you have no idea how long the checks will take, therefore you have no basis upon which to base the assumption that getting your prints done early will speed up anything at all.

Summary: in a perfect world, yes; in the real world, no.

If it makes you feel better to have them done early in the *belief* that things will move faster, go ahead.

Ian
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 2:30 am
Forum Regular

kthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of lightkthx is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
No.

If you knew *in advance* how long *exactly* it would take for the various checks based on your fingerprints to clear, and *IF* that process was static - meaning, you could stake your life on the fact that it was going to take exactly that long and no longer... then yes, having your fingerprints taken 2 weeks earlier would speed up the process.

However, you have no idea how long the checks will take, therefore you have no basis upon which to base the assumption that getting your prints done early will speed up anything at all.

Summary: in a perfect world, yes; in the real world, no.

If it makes you feel better to have them done early in the *belief* that things will move faster, go ahead.

Ian
Ian, here is a question: if background checks on average take between 1 month and 3 years (as you said we can't know it). Statistically, which group of people will get their checks done faster: the ones applying on January 1st, 2009 or April 1st, 2009?
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 3:25 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Statistically, which group of people will get their checks done faster: the ones applying on January 1st, 2009 or April 1st, 2009?
In a perfect world, the one submitted on January 1 would return 3 months *to the day* sooner than the one submitted on April 1. In reality, there's no way to know. The checks take as long as they take. Even if you applied on January 1, how would you know if the checks were completed faster or not? ... especially considering that you are not the person who also applied on April 1.

Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.