EAD Wait Times

Old Jun 20th 2020, 4:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EAD Wait Times

Originally Posted by petepete99
So not really ‘real world’ scenarios then for most. Thanks for the clarification
I managed it and documented it in one of my posts.
Old Jun 20th 2020, 6:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

GeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tom169
I managed it and documented it in one of my posts.
Worth noting though that this experience pre-dates the current guidance on expedites posted above.
Old Jun 21st 2020, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeneralPowerpoint
Worth noting though that this experience pre-dates the current guidance on expedites posted above.
Is this a policy change? Because the bullets I posted above appear to be the same that I read when I was successful.
Old Jun 22nd 2020, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

GeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tom169
Is this a policy change? Because the bullets I posted above appear to be the same that I read when I was successful.
Yes, the current policy dates from May 2019.

As well as narrowing the criteria upon which an expedite might be granted, the significant change was clarifying that "severe financial loss to a company" means the company would be at risk of failing, and "severe financial loss to a person" could not include the need to take up employment alone.

So previously it might have been possible to argue that you needed an expedite because you had an offer on the table it was going to cost company A $X to hire someone else, and you would miss out on a salary of $200'000 for example. I believe that was a common basis for an expedite request until last year but it would get short shrift now.
Old Jun 22nd 2020, 9:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by GeneralPowerpoint
Yes, the current policy dates from May 2019.

As well as narrowing the criteria upon which an expedite might be granted, the significant change was clarifying that "severe financial loss to a company" means the company would be at risk of failing, and "severe financial loss to a person" could not include the need to take up employment alone.

So previously it might have been possible to argue that you needed an expedite because you had an offer on the table it was going to cost company A $X to hire someone else, and you would miss out on a salary of $200'000 for example. I believe that was a common basis for an expedite request until last year but it would get short shrift now.
Roger that.