EAD Evidence & filing

Old May 17th 2019, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

mrjt1986 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EAD Evidence & filing

Hi, before I send off my documents I was just looking for advice. I’m applying for a L-2 EAD form & I was wondering what you would recommend for evidence. It says passport but I’m planning on travelling back to UK in a month and looking at timescales I won’t get it back in time. I don’t want to create any further delays so by experience is sending a print out of my I-94 proof along with my husbands I-94 & marriage certificate enough?
Also should I have got a professional to fill out my form, I completed it myself as seemed straight forward but there’s a section at the end to fill in if I had help provided.
thanks in advance
Old May 17th 2019, 3:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

GeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EAD Evidence & filing

The form gives you a list of documents that you're required to submit. You should send everything it asks for.

I believe that is;

A scan of your passport
Your i-94
A scan of your spouses passport
Your spouses I-94
A scan of your marriage certificate
Might be worth including a scan of both you and your spouses visas too.

You only need to send scans. Don't send your actual passport.

Last edited by GeneralPowerpoint; May 17th 2019 at 3:26 pm.
Old May 17th 2019, 3:41 pm
Just Joined

Thank you. It looks like I send via postal so I presume I’ll need a photocopy as can’t see a way to scan it on anywhere. Do they need to be authenticated as true copies?
Old May 17th 2019, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

GeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond reputeGeneralPowerpoint has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrjt1986
Thank you. It looks like I send via postal so I presume I’ll need a photocopy as can’t see a way to scan it on anywhere. Do they need to be authenticated as true copies?
Yeh you need to send print outs.

They don't need to be authenticated. Just scan the documents and then print out the scans and include them in the envelope with the form.
Old May 17th 2019, 5:53 pm
Just Joined

That’s great. I’ll get it sent today and start the wait. Hopefully won’t be too long. I’ve seen other posts saying 4-6 months
Old May 17th 2019, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

markcst has a reputation beyond reputemarkcst has a reputation beyond reputemarkcst has a reputation beyond reputemarkcst has a reputation beyond reputemarkcst has a reputation beyond reputemarkcst has a reputation beyond reputemarkcst has a reputation beyond reputemarkcst has a reputation beyond reputemarkcst has a reputation beyond reputemarkcst has a reputation beyond reputemarkcst has a reputation beyond repute

EADs will take some time. They had to introduce a manual renewal scheme of 180 days extension because of the backlog. My family all took around 2 months from the acceptance of the paperwork (which took a month for them to open).