Wikiposts

EAD from Baltimore anyone???

Old Jul 22nd 2003, 2:02 am
Forum Regular

rzack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EAD from Baltimore anyone???

Guys, anyone get their EAD approval from Baltimore lately? I know Vermont already approved application before 3rd June 2003, but mine was transferred to Baltimore so I cannot check online.

Thanks.

PD 5/26/03
RD 5/28/03
ND 6/11/03
Transfer Date to Baltimore 6/20/03
FP 6/14/03
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 2:11 am
Forum Regular

pamelak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Baltimore

Hi -

Here is our timeline:

5/10/03 - Filed AOS/EAD/AP with Vermont
5/28/03 - Received notice that Vermont transferred to Baltimore
7/14/03 - Received notice from Baltimore that husband is scheduled to come in 7/22/03 for EAD.

Have not received any other information regarding the AP documents.

Hope this helps.

pamela
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 3:11 am
BE Enthusiast

robclews is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EAD from Baltimore anyone???

My Baltimore timeline as follows:

AOS, EAD applications to Vermont May 8th 2003
AOS Fingerprint request received June 26th 2003
EAD appointment letter received July 17th 2003
EAD received in Baltimore July 21st 2003

I could have had the EAD earlier but the original appointment they gave me was for the 7th July when i was away in Florida. It all moves pretty quickly once the case is transferred to Baltimore.

A suggestion......when you get the Fingerprint appointment wait 10 days because the EAD letter follows quickly behind that one, that way you only need to make one trip into the city.

Rob
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 4:31 am
Forum Regular

Thank you Pamelak and Robclews. From the dates, I can see that mine will be anytime soon.

I've done my fingerprint on 6/16/03 (one day after received the letter from BCIS Baltimore). I did it at Wheaton office, its closer to my house though. Only 10 minutes drive.

Since you said it will be arrived closely with the FP notice I guess it won't take long for me to hear about it.

I don't know that we have to pick up the EAD personally at Baltimore, I thought they gonna send by mail. Do you guys have to que outside or just show the appontment letter to the ppl there? So I can estimate my time to collect it, and what is the best time to be there?

Thanks again guy. Really appreciate it.
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 4:56 am
BE Enthusiast

robclews is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by rzack
Thank you Pamelak and Robclews. From the dates, I can see that mine will be anytime soon.

I've done my fingerprint on 6/16/03 (one day after received the letter from BCIS Baltimore). I did it at Wheaton office, its closer to my house though. Only 10 minutes drive.

Since you said it will be arrived closely with the FP notice I guess it won't take long for me to hear about it.

I don't know that we have to pick up the EAD personally at Baltimore, I thought they gonna send by mail. Do you guys have to que outside or just show the appontment letter to the ppl there? So I can estimate my time to collect it, and what is the best time to be there?

Thanks again guy. Really appreciate it.

Just go to the Baltimore office, you will generally have to join a line to get through the security scan. Go to the room in the right hand corner of the ground floor ( the room number is on the letter )and show your letter at the reception, they will give you a ticket number.

I got there at 8.30 and waited an hour, it's issued there and then. I guess looking at your dates that your EAD appointment should be with you any day. It really is very simple, you check your name and DOB, sign in the box, have your picture taken and thats it, they call you 5 mins later.

Rob
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 5:17 am
Forum Regular

Rob,

Thanks for the info Really appreciate it.
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

sal_whit will become famous soon enoughsal_whit will become famous soon enough

Rob's time line was almost the same as mine... Mine was sent to VSC then forwarded to Baltimore too.
So looks like yours wont be long...

Sal
Old Jul 22nd 2003, 11:35 am
Michael D. Young

Default Re: EAD from Baltimore anyone???

rzack wrote:

> Guys, anyone get their EAD approval from Baltimore lately? I know
    > Vermont already approved application before 3rd June 2003, but mine was
    > transferred to Baltimore so I cannot check online.
    > Thanks.
    > PD 5/26/03
    > RD 5/28/03
    > ND 6/11/03
    > Transfer Date to Baltimore 6/20/03
    > FP 6/14/03

Hi All,

My wife sent her and our daughter's AOS paper work to Vermont and she had
her fingerprints and the AOS interview at the Baltimore office, but her
I-766 card came from Vermont.

This was May and June of 2002.

Take care,

Mike

Old Jul 22nd 2003, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

Well Mike...all of my application including EAD was forwarded to Baltimore, I don't think Vermont gonna do anything with it anymore. I read somewhere somebody said the same too, but I think now they transferred everything including EAD. They transferred my I-130, I-485 and I-765 all with the same note of:-

"Preliminary processing of the above application or petition has been completed and it has been transferred to the INS office at Baltimore. That office will notify you when they schedule an interview on the application or petition..."

I do not apply Advance Parole.
Old Jul 25th 2003, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

Default Update

Hi guys,

Just want to inform that I got my EAD letter today! Got to pick up on 7/30/03 at Baltimore BCIS. Another journey to apply SS# after this...really nervous coz' I don't want to wait another month if they don't have my data in the SAVE system.

Thanks to you guys .