EAD Approval

Old Aug 26th 2003, 12:33 am
"Ted You Big Bollocks"

justboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EAD Approval

After reading a couple of other members posts, i have noticed that when you travel through JFK, you are issued a 90 day EAD. I was wondering if anybody knew if this was the case for Chicago or Newark? I am relocating to Minneapolis, and have been told by my Wife's attorney that we could face a 5 month delay to receive my EAD in Minnesota!!
Old Aug 26th 2003, 12:42 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Justboy as far as Im aware if you are entering on a K3 you will not be issued with your EAD at any port of entry. Us poor K3'ers have to apply for that & yes it is supposed to take up to 3 months (90 days) for it to be approved.
Just another of the seemingly ridiculous penalties we pay for marrying before entering the US. They say hindsight is 20/20 & if only we knew then what we know now huh?

Regards
Shepslady
Old Aug 26th 2003, 12:47 am
"Ted You Big Bollocks"

justboy is an unknown quantity at this point

JFK DOES issue the EAD on arrival - it is a temporary 90 day one, and there are a number of members on this site who have been on the receiving end of this.
Old Aug 26th 2003, 12:56 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Really that does surprise me because if you read up on the procedures for a K3 you will see that it clearly states your EAD will not be issued upon entry & that it will be issued within 90 days after you send the application & fee to the appropriate authorities. I made a point of asking about this at my interview in NZ & was told that only K1's were issued with their tempoary EAD. Another story of conflicts huh? Best of luck maybe you will be lucky enough to be issued with one & forgo the fee like the rest of us have had to pay.

Regards
Shepslady
Old Aug 26th 2003, 1:36 am
Forum Regular

amylass is an unknown quantity at this point
Default JFK for K1 filers only?

Originally posted by shepslady
Really that does surprise me because if you read up on the procedures for a K3 you will see that it clearly states your EAD will not be issued upon entry & that it will be issued within 90 days after you send the application & fee to the appropriate authorities. I made a point of asking about this at my interview in NZ & was told that only K1's were issued with their tempoary EAD. Another story of conflicts huh? Best of luck maybe you will be lucky enough to be issued with one & forgo the fee like the rest of us have had to pay.

Regards
Shepslady
Hiya Shepslady,

I think Justboy might have been given the wrong information by his wife (that would be me) When I was reading over all of the threads about people getting their temp EAD's at JFK I didn't pay attention to what type of visa they were coming in on. I thought it was for anyone coming through JFK. But maybe you are right, that it's only for K1 filers?

I'm off to read more about it. Thanks for replying though, you may have saved my husband from going through JFK when it may not be necessary.

Cheers,
Amy
Old Aug 26th 2003, 2:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Dekka's Angel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by justboy
JFK DOES issue the EAD on arrival - it is a temporary 90 day one, and there are a number of members on this site who have been on the receiving end of this.
These reports you are seeing are all K-1s.

K-3's have not been getting the 90-day EA stamp that I can see from the NG.

BTW *nobody* gets the EAD, which is the actual card with the person's picture on it. Even JFK does not issue that anymore.
Old Aug 26th 2003, 2:43 am
Forum Regular

amylass is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Dekka's Angel
These reports you are seeing are all K-1s.

K-3's have not been getting the 90-day EA stamp that I can see from the NG.

BTW *nobody* gets the EAD, which is the actual card with the person's picture on it. Even JFK does not issue that anymore.
Cheers DA, and congrats on your upcoming nuptials!!!

Amy