EAD appointment letter/Working

Old Aug 6th 2002, 10:01 pm
Just Joined

mdeveaux is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EAD appointment letter/Working

I have my EAD appointment letter.

Does this mean I can start working or do I have to wait for the appointment? It's been about 90 days since filing and the appointment is in a futher 100 days.

Thanks
Old Aug 6th 2002, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

mailmena is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EAD appointment letter/Working

Is this a renewal or your first EAD? At any rate, I believe you need an actual card to be able to work. Nowadays employers are pretty strict and won't hire you until you have solid proof that you are authorized to work.
Old Aug 6th 2002, 11:56 pm
Anon

This is the first one, I am not too concerned by employers checking as I have my own
corp and will be employed by it. More concern with my legal status.

"mailmena" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Is this a renewal or your first EAD? At any rate, I believe you need an actual card
    > to be able to work. Nowadays employers are pretty strict and won't hire you until
    > you have solid proof that you are authorized to work.
    >
    >
    >
    > --

Old Aug 7th 2002, 12:20 am
Mrtravel

The purpose of the interview is to see if the will give you a card. Without the card,
you can not work. This includes self employment.

Anon wrote:
    >
    > This is the first one, I am not too concerned by employers checking as I have my
    > own corp and will be employed by it. More concern with my legal status.
    >
    > "mailmena" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Is this a renewal or your first EAD? At any rate, I believe you need an actual
    > > card to be able to work. Nowadays employers are pretty strict and won't hire you
    > > until you have solid proof that you are authorized to work.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > --

Old Aug 7th 2002, 12:44 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: EAD appointment letter/Working

Originally posted by Mrtravel
The purpose of the interview is to see if the will give you a card. Without the card,
you can not work. This includes self employment.

Huh?

There is no interview to determine if they are elgibile for an EAD. That determination was made before they issued the appointment letter. The "appointment" is to have your photo and single digit print take and the card produced.

Rete
Old Aug 21st 2002, 5:13 am
Just Joined

mdeveaux is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Re: EAD appointment letter/Working

Originally posted by Rete:

Huh?

There is no interview to determine if they are elgibile for an EAD. That determination was made before they issued the appointment letter. The "appointment" is to have your photo and single digit print take and the card produced.

Rete
I got an EAD letter for seven months after the original filing, so I went in and asked for an Intermim EAD, which the manager did within 2 hours.

I had tried, on day 91, but was told that 90 INS days is 3 months + 1 day, I shall be filling a complaint on that as the law says 90 days, period.

However, they issued the full EAD not the intermin one I was expecting.