E3 Visa Jobs - Where are you?

Old Sep 11th 2008, 2:01 pm
Just Joined

Pavan1981 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default E3 Visa Jobs - Where are you?

Hello,

I'm a Marketing Project Manager and I'm thinking about moving to the US on an E3 visa which I have been told is possible to obtain in this line work if I have the right documentation (proof of experience and/or university degree).

However, I am finding it very difficult to seek companies (consumer brands/labels), agencies (advertising/consultants) which even know about the E3 visa.

Does anyone have any advice they could share or know of any links where I can find companies who have already employed Australians under the E3 visa?

Thanks for your help!
Old Sep 11th 2008, 2:16 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E3 Visa Jobs - Where are you?

Originally Posted by Pavan1981
Does anyone have any advice they could share or know of any links where I can find companies who have already employed Australians under the E3 visa?
I'm pretty sure that no such list of companies is available, and is almost certainly out of date as soon as it's created. You might have better luck if you come to the US as a visitor for 3 months and start your job search here.

I note that you've been asking this question since November last year... if you haven't found anything yet, perhaps you should try a different country.

Ian

Last edited by ian-mstm; Sep 11th 2008 at 2:18 pm.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I'm pretty sure that no such list of companies is available, and is almost certainly out of date as soon as it's created. You might have better luck if you come to the US as a visitor for 3 months and start your job search here.

I note that you've been asking this question since November last year... if you haven't found anything yet, perhaps you should try a different country.

Ian
Thanks Ian - I have been thinking about that for while now, but just thought to give myself a head start for when I get there.

Do you know of any US recruiting agencies who specialize with expats in general or more specifically Australians and the E3 visa?
Old Sep 11th 2008, 2:51 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Do you know of any US recruiting agencies who specialize with expats in general or more specifically Australians and the E3 visa?
Stay at home .. you aint bright enough ...
Old Sep 11th 2008, 3:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ray
Stay at home .. you aint bright enough ...
Hi Ray,

Wow....somebody has a lot insecurity issues to deal with!

I feel really sorry for you sitting at a computer all day and night giving unconstructive criticism to people on this blog about visas.

My advice to you would be to get a life, go outside every now and again and try socializing with people, maybe you might even find a girlfriend to spend some time with that way.

Thank you for reassuring me that I will be pursuing my job hunt in the US.

Good luck!
Old Sep 11th 2008, 3:37 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, I don't. If there are any agencies familiar with the E3, they'll be in the largest cities... LA, NYC, Miami, Dallas.

Ian
Old Sep 11th 2008, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

My employer wasn't familiar with the E3, you won't find many places that are. You just need to sell them on yourself (should be easy, since you're in marketing... hint hint).. and then tell them how to get the LCA and what offer letter to write. It's really that simple.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 11:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

I'm a Marketing Project Manager and I'm thinking about moving to the US on an E3 visa which I have been told is possible to obtain in this line work if I have the right documentation (proof of experience and/or university degree).

However, I am finding it very difficult to seek companies (consumer brands/labels), agencies (advertising/consultants) which even know about the E3 visa.

Thanks for your help!
From my little research :
1. You degree and work need be related. You can't have IT degree and
work as an accountant (only an example)
2. Marketing Manager - be sure that you are eligible for the visa
3. Networking/company transfer is the easiest way to go fwd (o did
I miss marrying a USC !)

Contact http://cxcusa.com/ and ask for advice. They local offices
in Australia. I was offered 3 months contract with a global bank in SF,
My research is, I dont want to work for consultancies, they are too
selfish and it's jsut risky. Current market climate for me in US
is not suitable ( I work in Finance industry).

There are others who know about E-3, I came across Robert Half too.
Then again its consultants (i.e. not a permanent job)

Best way to move fwd may be to visit US and try that way (as some
one already mentioned....

All the best.

Last edited by E3only; Sep 11th 2008 at 11:38 pm. Reason: Changed from USA to AUstralia
Old Sep 12th 2008, 1:57 am
BE Forum Addict

hobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond repute

How about ask the same question a few more times?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...47#post5539347

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=493094

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=546386

Start pounding the streets and sending out resumes. I was in the UK and applied for about 100 jobs in the US... only got rejected 99 times.

You're not going to find an agency or employer that shows a particular affinity to hiring people from the other side of the planet.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 3:26 am
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

Thanks for your help!
So after reading the threads (thanks to hobbes), which part dont you not understand. NO degree then you need experience...its 4 years for every year of the degree i.e. 12 years ( correct me if I am wrong).........

Anyway - wont say much as may be not having e-3 myself means I can not advice too much.......
Old Sep 12th 2008, 4:11 am
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, it's 3 yrs per yr of degree -> 4yr degree = 12 yrs exp
Old Sep 12th 2008, 7:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Yup - got it the other way around....
Old Sep 13th 2008, 2:53 am
Banned

smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold
Question Re: E3 Visa Jobs - Where are you?

Originally Posted by E3only
From my little research :
1. You degree and work need be related. You can't have IT degree and
work as an accountant (only an example)
2. Marketing Manager - be sure that you are eligible for the visa
3. Networking/company transfer is the easiest way to go fwd (o did
I miss marrying a USC !)

Contact http://cxcusa.com/ and ask for advice. They local offices
in Australia. I was offered 3 months contract with a global bank in SF,
My research is, I dont want to work for consultancies, they are too
selfish and it's jsut risky. Current market climate for me in US
is not suitable ( I work in Finance industry).

There are others who know about E-3, I came across Robert Half too.
Then again its consultants (i.e. not a permanent job)

Best way to move fwd may be to visit US and try that way (as some
one already mentioned....

All the best.
Permenant job in US is impossible from Australia or NZ, unless we are extremely lucky or there is some extra ordinary experience.Back in home Australia Sydney,Melbourne,Brisbane were the biggest cities but in US mostly every state have at least two cities just like Sydney and Melbourne. May be due to this reason the buying power of USD$ is far more then AUD$.The fact is USD$ goes further than AUD$.
Old Sep 13th 2008, 2:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by smurtaza
Permenant job in US is impossible from Australia or NZ, unless we are extremely lucky or there is some extra ordinary experience.Back in home Australia Sydney,Melbourne,Brisbane were the biggest cities but in US mostly every state have at least two cities just like Sydney and Melbourne. May be due to this reason the buying power of USD$ is far more then AUD$.The fact is USD$ goes further than AUD$.
Fail to understand your point.

Many have gone there and got direct hired on VWP. Of course not everyone has been lucky. Totally understand tho working as a consultant is tricky given current scenario. Heard of horrible cases......
Old Sep 13th 2008, 3:03 am
Banned

smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by E3only
Fail to understand your point.

Many have gone there and got direct hired on VWP. Of course not everyone has been lucky. Totally understand tho working as a consultant is tricky given current scenario. Heard of horrible cases......
If we leave our country Australia for US(for short term) and travel away from our family the main reason is for money,experience or better life.

Consulatancies have better salaries (with per diem-W2) as compared to permenant job in US.For short term its not bad to work for consultancies and then easily come back to home (Australia) as the project finishes [no strings atached].

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.