E3 Visa to Greencard

Old Jan 20th 2011, 1:03 am
Just Joined

bhaliya is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: E3 Visa to Greencard

Hi Guys,
I have been working in USA on E3 for more than 4 years. my employer is willing to sponsor my GC application and I am in the process of looking out for a law firm that can handle my case. unfortunately my company lawyer is not familiar with E3 or any immigration matters.

I notice that few of the forum users have gone through the process successfully. I would like to find a law firm that has successfully processed GC from E3.

Please help me in finding a law firm who has experience in this matter.

Thank You,
bhaliya
Old Jan 20th 2011, 3:12 am
BE Enthusiast

BILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bhaliya
Hi Guys,
I have been working in USA on E3 for more than 4 years. my employer is willing to sponsor my GC application and I am in the process of looking out for a law firm that can handle my case. unfortunately my company lawyer is not familiar with E3 or any immigration matters.

I notice that few of the forum users have gone through the process successfully. I would like to find a law firm that has successfully processed GC from E3.

Please help me in finding a law firm who has experience in this matter.

Thank You,
bhaliya

Did you try contacting the attorney that was suggested?
Old Jan 20th 2011, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BILDER
Did you try contacting the attorney that was suggested?
There response is that E3->GC is not possible. it has to be E3->H1B->GC.

But, obviously some of the forum users have gone through E3->GC process.

Rgds,
bhaliya
Old Jan 20th 2011, 3:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

There response is that E3->GC is not possible. it has to be E3->H1B->GC.

But, obviously some of the forum users have gone through E3->GC process.

Rgds,
bhaliya
DID YOU contact the lawyer than augigi provided details?????
Old Jan 20th 2011, 4:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by E3only
DID YOU contact the lawyer than augigi provided details?????
Yes i did contact another lawyer. he has a different opinion about this. according to him, it is possible to apply for GC while on E3. only, problem is that if I have to renew E3 before I get my PERM, I will have to show really strong connection with Australia to prove the consulate that I still have intentions to go back even though I applied for GC. such as having a property or relatives in Australia.

though he is very convening, I got an appointment with the law firm that augigi provided to get an second opinion.

I will update on this as soon as I get more information.

bhaliya
Old Jan 20th 2011, 4:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

Yes i did contact another lawyer. he has a different opinion about this. according to him, it is possible to apply for GC while on E3. only, problem is that if I have to renew E3 before I get my PERM, I will have to show really strong connection with Australia to prove the consulate that I still have intentions to go back even though I applied for GC. such as having a property or relatives in Australia.

though he is very convening, I got an appointment with the law firm that augigi provided to get an second opinion.

I will update on this as soon as I get more information.

bhaliya

Augigi specifically mentioned (I think) that the office has successfully applied for E3 – GC so you should contact them and keep us posted?
Old Jan 20th 2011, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

Wakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to behold

Keep on trying.. in my case my employer applied via:

Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP in CA

they have also successfully got E3 extensions for indian/china origin applicants in process of obtaining GC while on E3

best of luck

PS: i have been away from this forum for a while now cant believe its already almost 3 years since i got my GC while was on E3 but then i fell into EB-2 other countries and didnt needed extension
Old Jan 20th 2011, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Wakkas
Keep on trying.. in my case my employer applied via:

Berry Appleman & Leiden LLP in CA

they have also successfully got E3 extensions for indian/china origin applicants in process of obtaining GC while on E3

best of luck

PS: i have been away from this forum for a while now cant believe its already almost 3 years since i got my GC while was on E3 but then i fell into EB-2 other countries and didnt needed extension
Yeah you have been away for a while. Good to have you back!
Old Jan 20th 2011, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

Wakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by E3only
Yeah you have been away for a while. Good to have you back!
thanks.. how have you been.. any progress on your own GC process via E3? or you switched to H1B?
Old Jan 20th 2011, 10:27 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Yes i did contact another lawyer.
So... the actual answer is "NO".

Ian
Old Jan 21st 2011, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
So... the actual answer is "NO".

Ian
????
Old Jan 21st 2011, 4:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

????
That before contacting the lawyer that specifically has experience (fellow poster mentions) in E-3 -> GC, you are whining..
Old Jan 21st 2011, 6:58 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

????
You were asked whether you contacted the lawyer that Augigi suggested. You said you contacted another lawyer. Therefore, you did not contact the lawyer that Augigi suggested. So, even though you contacted a lawyer, it wasn't the one you were asked about. That's a shame really, because the one Augigi suggested had the experience you needed.

Ian
Old Jan 21st 2011, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

I indeed contacted the firm mentioned by augigi. since It is a national law firm I was asked to contact the NY branch of the firm which is closer to where I live. according to them their recommended process is E3 ->H1B->GC.

so, far 2 out of 4 attorneys I spoke agreed that E3->GC is possible. so, will go ahead with one of them. 50% assurance is sufficient for me.

Thanks everybody for your helpful information.

bhaliya
Old Jan 21st 2011, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

I indeed contacted the firm mentioned by augigi. since It is a national law firm I was asked to contact the NY branch of the firm which is closer to where I live. according to them their recommended process is E3 ->H1B->GC.

so, far 2 out of 4 attorneys I spoke agreed that E3->GC is possible. so, will go ahead with one of them. 50% assurance is sufficient for me.

Thanks everybody for your helpful information.

bhaliya
Check out Wakkas's post as well. He mentions another lawyer firm.

Keep the forum posted.