E3 Visa to Greencard

Old Nov 2nd 2010, 12:03 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: E3 Visa to Greencard

Originally Posted by E3only
For an Indian born, a normal EB2 application might take 4-5 years which means at least 2 E3 renewals. If one had to go out of the country, that means tackling the POE for 4-5 years.
I guess you are suggesting this might not be uncommon.

Is it different from somebody here on a student visa that is petitioned by a sibling?
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 12:03 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

How about this?
Ouch, does that really help him?

Hey, hint for everyone? Immigration attorneys generally HATE discussion groups like this.
I can't believe you sent her the link.
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 12:05 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by meauxna

Hey, hint for everyone? Immigration attorneys generally HATE discussion groups like this.
UPL?
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 12:09 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
UPL?
Not so much. Probably more like cutting into the market, but I am in my Cynical Phase.
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 12:13 am
Just Joined

shailensukul is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, God forbid we should seek an alternative opinion that does not involve paying through the nose for another attorney.
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 12:15 am
Just Joined

I went through the document twice, but did not find any relevant sections that could help my situation. Am I missing anything?
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 12:40 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by shailensukul
I went through the document twice, but did not find any relevant sections that could help my situation. Am I missing anything?
I do not think so.
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 12:42 am
Account Closed

Not so much. Probably more like cutting into the market, but I am in my Cynical Phase.
I have moved on from phase.
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 1:04 am
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

I do not think so.
More so from the perspective that, if there is document saying they can not deny the GC based on E3 status then on what basis can POE decline entry? I mean if there were 2/3 extensions needed on E3 whilst the GC is in progress.
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 1:13 am

More so from the perspective that, if there is document saying they can not deny the GC based on E3 status then on what basis can POE decline entry? I mean if there were 2/3 extensions needed on E3 whilst the GC is in progress.
The way I read that memo, it's not the GC in danger of being denied as much as the E-3 not being renewed.
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 1:27 am
Account Closed

The way I read that memo, it's not the GC in danger of being denied as much as the E-3 not being renewed.
I do not know enough about E3's, is it an extension or a re application?

Logically it is all nonsense, but it could be that the re application is the issue with now shown immigrant intent.
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 1:29 am
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

I do not know enough about E3's, is it an extension or a re application?

Logically it is all nonsense, but it could be that the re application is the issue with now shown immigrant intent.
Extension. The reason I say that is, the 10K yearly cap does not include extensions.
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 12:23 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

The E3 visa does not have dual intent which is necessary to be able to go through the green card process. Your visa category is strictly non-immigrant so [Company] cannot support a green card case for you at this time.
Feel free to tell the attorney that just because a visa does not specifically allow for dual intent, it does not mean that dual intent is specifically prohibited. Further, realize that there is a difference between what the attorney called "illegal" and company policy! If the company doesn't pursue a GC application that's because they're choosing not to... which is a far cry from the E3 -> GC being illegal.

Ian
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 11:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

That is exactly what I thought.

This is the lawyer's reply:

Upon pressing here further she conceded that I could proceed on a H1B visa but she refused to offer advice on whether there was any interim visa that would allow my wife to work while I was processing for the GC.

When I responded by giving her a link to this forum, she replied saying that E3 -> GC is illegal and the legal firm would not support this and that the firm does not take advice from public forums.

So my last resort is to find a law firm that has experience in successfully going from E3 -> GC directly and use them instead. So anyone knowing such a firm can ping me directly.
I spoke with Valerie May from May Law Group in Pittsburgh. She said they had successfully got GC from E3.

May Law Group, LLC
535 Smithfield Street Suite 908
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
412-291-4400
412-291-4401 facsimile
1500 JFK Blvd.
Two Penn Center Suite 200
Philadelphia, PA 19102
215-880-4977
www.mayvisalaw.com
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 11:46 pm
Just Joined

Thank you. I will follow this up with her.

Originally Posted by augigi
I spoke with Valerie May from May Law Group in Pittsburgh. She said they had successfully got GC from E3.

May Law Group, LLC
535 Smithfield Street Suite 908
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
412-291-4400
412-291-4401 facsimile
1500 JFK Blvd.
Two Penn Center Suite 200
Philadelphia, PA 19102
215-880-4977
www.mayvisalaw.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.