E3 visa

Old Jan 12th 2009, 3:34 am
Forum Regular

homer4all is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: E3 visa

Originally Posted by augigi
Doesn't matter how long you've been married.
I believe it's not only how many months you held Aus citizenship but below factor also affects:

1. How many times have you tried US visa before?
2. How big is your sponsoring firm?
3. Are you from China/India/Pakistan or from other high migrant country? (many users will not accept this but have seen few cases of E3..that's why my opinion)
4. Your ties to Australia?

Also VO should be in good mood and interview date should be one of your lucky day..

I am still in same situation....
1. Fresh H1b pending since Dec-11-2007
2. E3 attempt from differnt employer during this period denied due to pending H1b and I am trying too hard according to VO
3. Current H1b status: On August 12, 2008, a USCIS office received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it.

I would suggest to take all required documents with big folders of supporting docs.
Waiting Waiting Waiting.....

Best luck
Homer
Old Jan 12th 2009, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

ulpul has a brilliant futureulpul has a brilliant futureulpul has a brilliant futureulpul has a brilliant futureulpul has a brilliant futureulpul has a brilliant futureulpul has a brilliant future

Thanks for the clarification and response Homer4all.

We have only used the VWP in the US once for our holiday last year for 3 weeks which is when we made the decision to give living there a shot.

While I am British born (similar to China/Pakistan etc with GC wait), I am an Aussie citizen. The visa would be in my name and my wife on the E3D.

I havent applied for any other visa for the US and am no stranger to hard work with immigration, my partner and I went through it with Australia without any problems but put 12 months of effort into it which immigration here were grateful for.

We own property here in Australia which is a key tie and have family here and none in the USA.

Sponsoring firm, I am yet to source but am looking at a couple currently.
Old Jan 14th 2009, 4:43 pm
Just Joined

Robertsdt is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,

Does anyone out there know of someone who got their E3 through the Perth consulate and doesn't have a degree? This is currently my position. I have my visa interview in a month as I am currently in London. I have all my relevant documents.

I have 10 years documented experience (references from all employers which matches my CV), 2yr tafe diploma, usual IT certs

Thanks in advance

Dean
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 11:31 am
Just Joined

smm77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: E3 visa

E3 Question:

I am investigating the E3 visa (early stages yet) but have one question I can't find the answer for...

If/when I get an E3 visa I will go to the USA by myself. If it goes well my boyfriend will follow 6 months later.

We aren't married currently but since we would need to be for the USA to recognise him as a dependant what would happen with my E3 visa?

i.e. I would have been issued as the E3 as a single person so what would happen if I got married? Do I have to re-apply for the E3 and add my husband on to the application? OR can he just apply for a E3D visa after we got married?

If anyone can point me to the documentation to cover this situation that would be great.

Thanks!
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 12:40 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smm77
If it goes well my boyfriend will follow 6 months later.
So, you're saying that your boyfriend qualifies for a visa on his own?

We aren't married currently but since we would need to be for the USA to recognise him as a dependant what would happen with my E3 visa?
Nothing would happen... you'd get an E-3 visa whether you were married or not. If you get married before the visa is approved, I believe he'd be eligible for an E-3D visa. If you decide to stay single, he would likely need to qualify for a visa on his own merits.

I would have been issued as the E3 as a single person so what would happen if I got married?
Nothing would happen... your E-3 visa is *not* dependent on your marital status.

Do I have to re-apply for the E3 and add my husband on to the application? OR can he just apply for a E3D visa after we got married?
Sorry, I'm not sure what would happen if you married after you already have the E-3 visa.

Ian
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 10:22 pm
Just Joined

smm77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ian - thanks for your reply.

My boyfriend would probably would qualify for an E3 visa but that would mean getting a job offer first....

I was thinking of the situation where we got married after my E3 visa was issued. Getting him over as a dependant would be quicker but I am not sure if he would have problems as we weren't married when mine was issued....

I guess it's an unusual situation
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

Wakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to beholdWakkas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by smm77
Hi Ian - thanks for your reply.

My boyfriend would probably would qualify for an E3 visa but that would mean getting a job offer first....

I was thinking of the situation where we got married after my E3 visa was issued. Getting him over as a dependant would be quicker but I am not sure if he would have problems as we weren't married when mine was issued....

I guess it's an unusual situation
there is no issue here.. if you get your E3.. you can apply for your spouse later for E3D any time without issue as long as you are still employeed and hold a valid E3 visa.. same applied for H1B and its dependant H4

Wakkas
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 11:16 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wakkas
there is no issue here.. if you get your E3.. you can apply for your spouse later for E3D any time without issue as long as you are still employeed and hold a valid E3 visa.. same applied for H1B and its dependant H4

Wakkas
I was going to say the same.. I'm sure there have been some examples posted on here from people who have done it, and there is nothing that would conflict with the original E-3 application.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 7:29 am
Just Joined

samsam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default E3 visa

Hi friends,
Please help me by answering, advance thanks for the contributers.
I am a citizen of Australia since March 2005.
I have applied for H1b and attended interview in Melbourne in Sep 2005.
I got a query 221(g) regarding the sponsoring company, and appllication
was pending till 2007 and they closed my application.
Now I want to apply for E3 visa.
Will it be a problem for E3 visa success because I had applied for H1 before and succeed.

And how to show ties with Australia (I do not have a family here and I don't
own a house here).

Regards.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 2:42 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by samsam
Will it be a problem for E3 visa success because I had applied for H1 before and succeed.
No. As long as you are eligible to apply for the E-3, the previous H-1B should not matter.

And how to show ties with Australia (I do not have a family here and I don't own a house here).
I believe the requirement is to demonstrate that you will leave the US when the visa expires. That's not the same as showing ties to Australia.

Ian
Old Jan 24th 2009, 4:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

Hi friends,

own a house here).

Regards.
Is it the same company? If so, you may have the same problems.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 1:19 am
Just Joined

samsam is an unknown quantity at this point

no it is defferent company

How to demonstate that I would leave US after the visa period.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 4:58 am
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

Tell them.
Old Jan 26th 2009, 1:01 am
Banned

e3visa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Robertsdt
Hi Guys,

Does anyone out there know of someone who got their E3 through the Perth consulate and doesn't have a degree? This is currently my position. I have my visa interview in a month as I am currently in London. I have all my relevant documents.

I have 10 years documented experience (references from all employers which matches my CV), 2yr tafe diploma, usual IT certs

Thanks in advance

Dean
Dean there is a great chance you should be given your experience. As long as your company is legitimate and the position requires someone with degree experience you should be fine.
Good Luck
CJ
Old Jan 26th 2009, 11:26 pm
Forum Regular

homer4all is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sam,

I also tried E3 in Aug-2008 when my H1 was pending since Dec-2007.
E3 was from new employer but VO at Sydney consulate was just not happy with my H1b pending and told me I am trying to hard.

Still no clue on how to move ahead.. so for time being I have just stopped thinking and waiting for 221(g) to get clear.

But consulate takes every case differently so you might be lucky

Best Luck..

My current status:

1. E3 refused on the basis of pending H1b and recently acquired AUS citizenship. No stamp on passport. Acquired AUS citizenship from Indian.

2. H1b (221-g: interview on 11DEC2007) - 12th Aug 2008 my case status changed on USCIS as below:

Current Status: This case has been received from the State Department with a request we review it.

On August 12, 2008, a USCIS office received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it. We will notify you when we complete our review, or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. To receive e-mail updates, follow the link below to register

Cheers,
Homer

Hi friends,

own a house here).

Regards.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.