Wikiposts

E3 Renewal

Old Mar 3rd 2008, 3:22 am
Forum Regular

sirck is just really nicesirck is just really nicesirck is just really nicesirck is just really nicesirck is just really nicesirck is just really nicesirck is just really nicesirck is just really nice
Default Re: E3 Renewal

Originally Posted by ram_aru
hi

can anyone tell us when should we apply for renewal of e3 visa
as my visa is upto nov 2008

thanku
To be conservative, I would say 3 months before expiration if renewing abroad. And 6 months before, if renewing internally.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 12:55 pm
Just Joined

Agent2810 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sirck
To be conservative, I would say 3 months before expiration if renewing abroad. And 6 months before, if renewing internally.
Thanks for all the good info. My question has probably been answered (more than once) in previous posts, but right now I'd rather ask it again than look back through previous posts (I've knocked the froth off a couple and am basically being lazy). Question: Is it permissable/advisable/rediculously stupid etc, to apply for an E3 extension and at the same time change employers? ie: the job offer I will submit will be from a different employer than my original E3 employer.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

sirck is just really nicesirck is just really nicesirck is just really nicesirck is just really nicesirck is just really nicesirck is just really nicesirck is just really nicesirck is just really nice

Originally Posted by Agent2810
Thanks for all the good info. My question has probably been answered (more than once) in previous posts, but right now I'd rather ask it again than look back through previous posts (I've knocked the froth off a couple and am basically being lazy). Question: Is it permissable/advisable/rediculously stupid etc, to apply for an E3 extension and at the same time change employers? ie: the job offer I will submit will be from a different employer than my original E3 employer.
When you apply abroad for a new E3 (for a new employer), this automatically extends your visa for 2 years. I am not sure about applying for an extension within the U.s. though.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 5:08 am
Just Joined

Agent2810 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sirck
When you apply abroad for a new E3 (for a new employer), this automatically extends your visa for 2 years. I am not sure about applying for an extension within the U.s. though.
Thanks sirck. If anyone has successfully (or unsuccessfully) applied, within the US, for an E3 extension showing a different employer than your original E3 employer, I'd appreciate your letting me know about it.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

denise_q is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all,

This is all very helpful, but I’m still confused …

I’m trying to figure this all out myself … my company is extending my visa through USCIS … but since I travel internal and external to the US I would need a new visa …

If I already have my extension with USCIS am I guaranteed to get the Visa --- also which consulate would be best to do this?
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 12:35 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by denise_q
If I already have my extension with USCIS am I guaranteed to get the Visa...
There is never a guarantee... but your chances are most excellent.

... also which consulate would be best to do this?
From what I can gather, any consulate will do.

Ian
Old May 8th 2008, 2:43 am
Just Joined

catlady_02 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everybody, I have a complicated situation here and need some help.

I hold a E-3 since early 2007, I've changed job mid 2007 applied through USCIS and just managed to get a a new E-3 visa in my passport a month ago, at the port of entry the officer gave me two years on my I-94 which will expire around the time with my E-3 visa (early 2010). My LCA submitted originally when I changed my job will expire mid 2009. So my question is......

1) When do I renew my application? Mid 2009 with a full application (i.e. go through USCIS etc etc)... or

2) Do I only need to apply a new LCA electronically? or

3) Since my E-3 visa has the LCA partition number on it... the E-3 visa will expire as soon as the LCA expire? and I need to go through the entire thing again? (i.e. either get a new visa overseas or apply through USCIS)

Thank you very much in advance
Old May 8th 2008, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

I am not a lawyer. However I would imagine the E3 is valid until the date it's valid to, and you'd just need to get a new LCA when you want to renew the E3 again.
Old May 8th 2008, 12:50 pm
Just Joined

ozziecat is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: E3 Renewal

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that within the last month I successfully renewed my E3 visa. I flew up to Halifax Canada and the process was very straight forward and quick. I needed:

- a new LCA
- letter of employment from current employer
- D156 form
- Aussie passport
- I had to pay $130USD at a branch of the Scotia Bank in Canada
- a couple other odds and ends.

When I arrived the guy at the entry made me fill out a D157 but it actually wasn't necessary. I filled it out anyway, no point arguing!

My interview was on a Tuesday and my visa was ready by Wednesday 3pm. The interview was very quick with no hiccups.

Let me know if you have any questions!

BTW the first E3 that I applied for 2 years ago was in Shanghai China. The interview was also quick there but it took ages to get to the front of the queue since so many people in China want to get into the US. For that visa I had my passport back within 3 days.
Old Jul 7th 2008, 4:00 am
Just Joined

La GATA is an unknown quantity at this point

Ozzie -

You said that you renewed your E-3 in Canada and you filled out a D-156, did you have anybody (spouse, kids) who hold a E-3D Visa need to renew with you? Do they fill out the same form as you?

Thanks
Old Jul 8th 2008, 12:56 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by La GATA
Ozzie -

You said that you renewed your E-3 in Canada and you filled out a D-156, did you have anybody (spouse, kids) who hold a E-3D Visa need to renew with you? Do they fill out the same form as you?

Thanks
No it was just myself so I can't help you with that I'm afraid.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 5:06 am
Just Joined

Alstan is an unknown quantity at this point

My current E3 visa is valid until november, but i am booked in at ottawa for an interview on July 21st. My advisor here has questioned whether this is too early to get a new visa, ie that the consulate will have a problem with me reapplying this far in advance. My new LCA starts november 1, and i am just wondering whether they will give me a new visa starting the day of the interview or whether it will start november 1 like the LCA? In which case, how do we get back into the US? ARRRGGHH. Why is it all soo complex.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 2:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Alstan
My current E3 visa is valid until november, but i am booked in at ottawa for an interview on July 21st. My advisor here has questioned whether this is too early to get a new visa, ie that the consulate will have a problem with me reapplying this far in advance. My new LCA starts november 1, and i am just wondering whether they will give me a new visa starting the day of the interview or whether it will start november 1 like the LCA? In which case, how do we get back into the US? ARRRGGHH. Why is it all soo complex.
I don't think you'll have a problem. The LCA you are currently on is valid until November so they base it on that and will issue your new visa starting a few days after your interview on July 21st (on whatever day you say you are reentering the USA). I just got my visa renewed in Halifax and it was soooo straight forward. My interview was in mid April, and my visa wasn't going to run out until June 20th or so. They just renewed my visa with the commencement date in mid April.

However, I also think it would be fine for you to wait until late August/Sept to make your appointment if you wanted to, I think that leaves plenty of time.

Ozziecat
Old Jul 18th 2008, 4:47 am
Just Joined

ram_aru is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone

Can anyone Please give me details for E3 renewal what exact need to applied and where to apply .for E3d also . mine is getting exprided in nov so i need to do as early as possible . waiting for reply

Thank you

Old Jul 18th 2008, 5:06 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ram_aru
Can anyone Please give me details for E3 renewal what exact need to applied and where to apply .for E3d also .
If you read all 50+ posts in this thread, you will have your answer.

Ian

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.