E3 Renewal

Old Sep 11th 2008, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

Wait43 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: E3 Renewal... late

The earliest I have been able to secure an appointment to renew my E3-D visa in... well anywhere, so far, is 23 Oct and my visa expires on 22 Oct. It is no problem for me to be out of the country a day early but will it cause problems for the renewal?

Also my husband, the primary visa holder, had his renewed in India a few weeks ago. Is there any requirement that the E3 and it's E3-Ds are renewed within a certain period of time of each other?

Thanks for any words of wisdom on this...
Old Sep 11th 2008, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

sirck is just really nicesirck is just really nicesirck is just really nicesirck is just really nicesirck is just really nicesirck is just really nicesirck is just really nicesirck is just really nice
Default Re: E3 Renewal... late

Originally Posted by Wait43
The earliest I have been able to secure an appointment to renew my E3-D visa in... well anywhere, so far, is 23 Oct and my visa expires on 22 Oct. It is no problem for me to be out of the country a day early but will it cause problems for the renewal?

Also my husband, the primary visa holder, had his renewed in India a few weeks ago. Is there any requirement that the E3 and it's E3-Ds are renewed within a certain period of time of each other?

Thanks for any words of wisdom on this...
Hello,

Since your visa expires on Oct 22nd, I would suggest that you try and secure an appointment well in advance of this date.

I can only go with my experience booking an appointment with the US consulate in Canada. But I remember that if you continue to visit the appointment page and keep refreshing every 5 minutes or so, you will eventually find an earlier appointment at one of the consulates e.g. Calgary, Vancouver etc.

People cancel and reschedule all the time, and this leaves some vacancies for appointments.

Good luck!
Old Sep 11th 2008, 7:29 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: E3 Renewal

Yeah I figured I had better keep trying for an earlier one, I have been trying for several weeks but only a few times a day - didn't realise you had to devote your life to it for a time.

I don't mind which consulate, in Canada or in the Bahamas, but it is a bit nerve wracking to leave it until the day after it expires because if I can't renew it I'll be a bit stuck by then... looks like there is nothing for it but long hours at the computer.

Still, I'd like to know what would happen if it was a day expired.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 10:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

shorrock is on a distinguished road

Why not renew your visa while in the USA. My E3 ran out at the beginning of August. My LCA submitted my extention before it expired and said that it was fine to stay in country while it's being processed. Once processed then no worries, you just have to get the visa stamp next time you leave the country. You just have to plan for it.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 11:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shorrock
Why not renew your visa while in the USA. My E3 ran out at the beginning of August. My LCA submitted my extention before it expired and said that it was fine to stay in country while it's being processed. Once processed then no worries, you just have to get the visa stamp next time you leave the country. You just have to plan for it.
stay and work ? What if your E-3 expires and you still dont have renewal?
just curious...
Old Sep 12th 2008, 9:56 pm
Just Joined

Yeah renewing while I am still here is not a bad option. We actually started that process 6 months ago and then were told (by the lawyers) that it would take so long the visas would expire in the mean time, which is why we then started looking into traveling out of the country.

The compounding problem is that I will be having a baby a month or so after the current visa expires so while living on an expired visa during the processing time doesn't concern me so much, it does concern me to have a baby in that limbo situation. To get Australian citizenship for my other child (born here) I had to show the valid visa I was living on in the US so I'd hate to battle for the baby's citizenship in either country.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 10:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wait43
Yeah renewing while I am still here is not a bad option. We actually started that process 6 months ago and then were told (by the lawyers) that it would take so long the visas would expire in the mean time, which is why we then started looking into traveling out of the country.

The compounding problem is that I will be having a baby a month or so after the current visa expires so while living on an expired visa during the processing time doesn't concern me so much, it does concern me to have a baby in that limbo situation. To get Australian citizenship for my other child (born here) I had to show the valid visa I was living on in the US so I'd hate to battle for the baby's citizenship in either country.
Huh - wouldnt that be illegal ?
Old Sep 12th 2008, 10:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by E3only
Huh - wouldnt that be illegal ?
I doubt it.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 10:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
I doubt it.
So if the visa expired and the person does not hold a visa doesnt he/she have to leave in 10 days. I thought even if an extension is in place, it does not matter and hence everyone just goes to Canada or whatever.....
Old Sep 13th 2008, 2:39 am
Banned

smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by shorrock
As per the USCIS link below, you cannot wait in the country legally until you have received formal approval from the USCIS. The E3 is not under the same category as a H1b visa.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...0045f3d6a1RCRD
Old Sep 13th 2008, 12:45 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smurtaza
... you cannot wait in the country legally until you have received formal approval from the USCIS.
This is a half-truth... and you damn well know it. The proof is in the exact same link that you posted. All you have to do is read and interpret it.

Ian
Old Nov 13th 2008, 4:40 pm
Just Joined

nickNYC is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys... so I don't think this was fully answered in the earlier posts.

I have an E-3 visa that expired June 2008. I applied for the extension an have received the I-797 extension etc.

When I go back to Australia I understand I will need a new stamp to re-enter the US.

Does the new visa stamp require a full new application - i.e. LCA, job offer, paperwork etc - or do I just make a consulate appointment and show up with my notice of extension and they give me a new visa?

Is there anyone else who has been through this process?

Thanks in advance.

Nick
Old Nov 13th 2008, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

sirck is just really nicesirck is just really nicesirck is just really nicesirck is just really nicesirck is just really nicesirck is just really nicesirck is just really nicesirck is just really nice

Originally Posted by nickNYC

I have an E-3 visa that expired June 2008. I applied for the extension an have received the I-797 extension etc.

When I go back to Australia I understand I will need a new stamp to re-enter the US.

Does the new visa stamp require a full new application - i.e. LCA, job offer, paperwork etc - or do I just make a consulate appointment and show up with my notice of extension and they give me a new visa?

Is there anyone else who has been through this process?

Thanks in advance.

Nick
I don't think this question has been answered in previous posts either. Your best bet is to contact the Sydney US Consulate with your question.

I've contacted them before and they are pretty good with answering questions. Let us know if you get any information on this topic.

Their email is: [email protected]
Old Nov 13th 2008, 11:34 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickNYC
Feel free to ask this same question in as many threads as possible... somebody might miss it if you post it in only 3 or 4 threads.

Ian
Old Nov 14th 2008, 6:17 pm
Just Joined

nickNYC is an unknown quantity at this point

The response from [email protected] and from my lawyer were contradictory.

My lawyer believes that I should be able to explain to the Consulate that I already have an approved E-3 petition and simply need a visa stamp, and that I should not be required to apply again from scratch.

Essentially the consulate said that I had to follow the normal procedures for applying for a new E-3.

They said I should bring my new LCA plus, it appears they cut and paste this from the regular application "Each applicant, regardless of where they apply, is required to supply the following at the time of their interview;

1. There is a world-wide non-refundable application fee of USD131.00 (For the Australian dollar equivalent please see: http://canberra.usembassy.gov/consular/fees/niv.html). This fee can only be paid at any Australia Post outlet. You will need to advise the counter assistant that you would like to pay the U.S. non-immigration visa application fee. Ensure you bring the original receipt for this payment with you to the interview. There is no alternative method of payment

2. Their current valid and previous passports

3. Electronic Visa Application Form (EVAF) DS-156 (http://evisaforms.state.gov/). Please note that U.S. Consulates and Embassies no longer accept handwritten application forms. You must complete the application form online, print it out, and bring it to the interview with you

4. All male applicants between the ages of 16 and 45, and all applicants who are citizens of Iran, Syria, Cuba, North Korea and Sudan must also submit complete Supplemental Application Form DS-157 (http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/79964.pdf)

5. A recent photo (50x50mm) on a white background. Digital photos will not be accepted

6. In addition to the Application Fee, some visas and nationalities require additional fees, payable at the Consulate after the interview. These fees can be paid by cash, credit card, bank checks or money order payable to “U.S. Consulate General.” Personal or company checks are not accepted. Fees for Australian passport holders can be found at http://sydney.usconsulate.gov/consular/fees/niv.html

7. A prepaid, self addressed Platinum Express Post, Registered Post or courier satchel for the return of your passport

8. Supplemental Form (if you answered ‘YES’ to question 38 on the DS-156) must be completed pertaining to arrests and convictions (including drink-driving charges). The form is located at http://sydney.usconsulate.gov/consul...alRecords.html

9. Other documents:

A temporary visitor for business or tourism will need to supply documentation to establish that he or she:

· Has a residence abroad which he or she does not intend to abandon

· Is coming to the U.S. for a definite temporary period

· Will depart upon the conclusion of the visit

· Has permission to enter a foreign area after his or her stay in the U.S.

· Has access to sufficient funds to cover expenses of the visit and return passage

Students, temporary workers, and exchange visitors must include original petitions or official notifications.

Ship or aircraft crew must have a letter of employment on the company letterhead.

Treaty traders and investors, fiancé(s) and religious workers may require supporting/supplemental information.

A decision on the issuance of your visa will be made at the time of your application and is solely at the discretion of the interviewing officer. Once this decision has been made, there is no course of appeal other than to make a new application at a later date."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.