Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

E2 - what business did you choose?

E2 - what business did you choose?

Old Jul 25th 2015, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

Hurley1 will become famous soon enoughHurley1 will become famous soon enough
Default E2 - what business did you choose?

Back out in S Florida determined to find the right business for an E2 this trip. I know all the E2 rules, good and bad! What did you choose? I know everyone's different just might give me sone inspiration! Looking at everything from boutiques to cafes at mo with min NP of 100k. A lot don't declare all money so tax returns don't always show what they should and some don't have W2s but think we can get around this with a good biz plan but not ideal. Would like to find a biz that does fit all the visa req really! Anyway thanks for any helpful feedback anyone can offer.
Old Jul 25th 2015, 1:56 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E2 - what business did you choose?

The business you have knowledge and experience of is always the best. Too many people fall into the trap of trying to get an E-2 on the cheap, and buy something that fits their budget rather than buying a sound business that they can operate successfully.

Restaurants are notoriously difficult to run profitably and keep open. Whether it is a coffee shop, sandwich shop, pizza restaurant, fish or Italian restaurant, or steak house you are pitching yourself against corporate America and the odds of success are stacked heavily against you. Go the franchise route and the franchise fees will suck you dry.
Old Jul 25th 2015, 3:21 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Pool Cleaning seems popular.
Old Jul 25th 2015, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

Hurley1 will become famous soon enoughHurley1 will become famous soon enough

Totally agree Pulaski, all food related businesses are well off the list now. Seen a nice boutique, been established ten years in affluent location, doing 100k plus NP but only one W2. We actually both come from a software sales & marketing background and have run European offices for big US companies before but not much call for that in South Florida really )

Haha Boiler! Yep I'm sure my hubby would love eyeing up all the bikini clad babes by the pool but not sure a pool cleaning business is for us )

Anyway one week left of this trip so will keep looking for that elusive right business! Have a great weekend and thanks both for your time and thoughts.