E2 Visa Questions

Old Mar 12th 2017, 6:44 am
Just Joined

Youngworker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default E2 Visa Questions

Hi All,

I am currently based in Dubai but I am going through the interview process for a position in Los Angeles. Although nothing may come of this I have a few initial queries.

The Employer will be looking to bring me in on an E2 Employee Visa and I have a few questions on this:

1. What is the typical processing time for the E2?

2. Would mine and my wife's visa be process concurrently i.e. would we move to the states at the same time or would it be a case of me landing their first?

3. What is the general process i.e. medical, interview, etc

Also, another questions, this is more of a non-visa question but would I have to hand in my resignation prior to being granted the visa or would I only do this once I have the visa in hand?

Finally, does anyone have any good tax calculators for the US….!?
Old Mar 12th 2017, 6:55 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E2 Visa Questions

2 Your wife's visa will be processed concurrently and issued simultaneously.

Other: The visa process is unrelated to your current employment. There is nothing to stop you getting the visa then not using it and continuing your current job. I am not sure how your prospective employer might see that, or what strings they might attach, but the US doesn't care about your current job outside the US when processing your visa application.

US taxation is a big mess, mostly because of the things that can be deducted in reaching your net pay, so any estimate is going to be questionable at best. .... Expect net pay after all deductions of about 70% of gross if your pay is under $100k, 65% if your pay is $100k - $150k and about 60% if your pay is over $150k.

Last edited by Pulaski; Mar 12th 2017 at 7:00 am.