Jbaker271290 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: E2 Visa Process

Thanks LegalEagleTX

I think it's worth a mail for sure!
Old Sep 2nd 2021, 4:58 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds logical, for there to be an E2 Employee available there has to be an E2 Business.
Old Sep 3rd 2021, 12:36 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jbaker271290
Hi All,

Could anyone help share some light on something for me as I can't get a straight answer from our lawyers or my HR team. We filed our DS160 in May(E2 Employee MNG/Exec and Dependants), my lawyers told me they take care of paying the MRV visa fee's and to leave it with them as they are going to handle mine and my dependants visas and processes. As I went to the AIS Portal to pay and they told me not to continue to pay.

I have since found out the primary E2 visa for our company expired in June, they filed for extension in Jan this year but only just go an appointment for the primary E2 holder to renew in Feb 22.

Am I right in thinking I can not get my visa until the primary one is renewed and in status again and this is why they aren't paying my MRV fee.

Thanks to anyone who can try to help me understand this.
You are not clear on what your question is. It might be that lawyers and/or HR don’t know.

I don’t know if your thinking is correct or not.

General comment from when I was in practice, consulates do not like getting inquiry from applicants when they have an attorney. They need to know who they are dealing with. In fact, it may be more than need, they may be violating rules in communicating directly with applicant.
Old Sep 3rd 2021, 8:36 am
Just Joined

Let me simplify my question. I believe the previous two responses understood what I was asking.

If the primary E2 visa is expired(the one my managing director has obtained for our company and held for 5 years) but an extension application is in process, can my company still obtain an E2 Employee visa for me.

Or do we have to wait until the primary E2 Visa holder has their new extension issued and then I will be in position to obtain the visa.

Thanks.

Old Sep 3rd 2021, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

newacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond reputenewacct has a reputation beyond repute

Let me simplify my question. I believe the previous two responses understood what I was asking.

If the primary E2 visa is expired(the one my managing director has obtained for our company and held for 5 years) but an extension application is in process, can my company still obtain an E2 Employee visa for me.

Or do we have to wait until the primary E2 Visa holder has their new extension issued and then I will be in position to obtain the visa.

Thanks.
US visas are solely for entry; expiry doesn't matter to someone who is in the US. Do you mean their E2 status (as given on their I-94) expired? What is this "extension application" you are referring to? Do you mean an extension of stay application (i.e. to extend their I-94)?
Old Sep 3rd 2021, 10:28 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.
<sigh> E applications can be quite fact specific and procedures can be specific to a consular post. They can and are often among the most complicated among visa applications. In fact, they can be difficult to explain. That said, your questions indicate an understandable lack of comprehension on your part. I can understand that the lawyers may be unable to explain it.

So, I can give an educated answer that I don’t know.

Old Sep 6th 2021, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.
Your question is clear and your understanding is correct. You are not able to obtain an E-2 as an essential employee if the primary E-2 visa has expired.
Old Sep 6th 2021, 1:04 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Shiversaint,

That was all I was looking for. Appreciate your help!
Old Sep 21st 2021, 11:27 am
Just Joined

Hey JB9,

Any movement on your case at all? My essential employee is still sat not being able to pay the fee's to book an interview.

Keen to here how yours is going!

Cheers,

JB