British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   E2 Visa Pregnant (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/e2-visa-pregnant-815605/)

greenbid Nov 19th 2013 3:51 pm

E2 Visa Pregnant

Hi,

Looking to get an E2 Visa but may have a baby in the near future but would like to come back to the UK to have the baby and then return back to the US after it's born on the existing E2 visa. Would it be possible to add the child to the existing E2 Visa and how long would it take? Could this have an impact on the already issued E2 visa? The issue is not cost its about having a baby in a country I know.

Thanks

Marocco Nov 19th 2013 4:00 pm

Re: E2 Visa Pregnant

Originally Posted by greenbid (Post 10998289)
Hi,

Looking to get an E2 Visa but may have a baby in the near future but would like to come back to the UK to have the baby and then return back to the US after it's born on the existing E2 visa. Would it be possible to add the child to the existing E2 Visa and how long would it take? Could this have an impact on the already issued E2 visa?

Thanks

I don't know about the visa issues, however you may not qualify for NHS treatment if you are not living in the UK.

Speedwell Nov 19th 2013 4:21 pm

You also may not be able to travel near your due date, depending on airline policy.

civilservant Nov 19th 2013 4:26 pm

You will be charged for NHS services if you are not a UK resident, regardless of any previous period of residence or British Citizenship,

You also may not be able to travel near your due date, depending on airline policy.
And this.

So, pretty much a non-starter.

Pulaski Nov 19th 2013 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by Speedwell (Post 10998350)

A minimum of two months ahead of your due date is, I believe, usual.

Steve_ Nov 19th 2013 4:47 pm

It would make vastly more sense to give birth in the US because the child would be a US citizen, so then you don't have to worry about the child aging out when they hit 21.

KCK_DR Nov 19th 2013 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by Steve_ (Post 10998401)
It would make vastly more sense to give birth in the US because the child would be a US citizen, so then you don't have to worry about the child aging out when they hit 21.

+1

ian-mstm Nov 19th 2013 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by greenbid (Post 10998289)
... but may have a baby in the near future...

Are you actually pregnant or not? If you're not, then I suggest this entire thread is as useful as the individual who advised you to move to the US on a B-1/2 visa and change status in the US to E-2.

Ian

greenbid Nov 19th 2013 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by ian-mstm (Post 10998495)
Are you actually pregnant or not? If you're not, then I suggest this entire thread is as useful as the individual who advised you to move to the US on a B-1/2 visa and change status in the US to E-2.

Ian

Ian get lost :-)

ian-mstm Nov 19th 2013 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by greenbid (Post 10998500)
Ian get lost :-)

Thanks for confirming that you're not pregnant. :)

Ian

civilservant Nov 19th 2013 5:57 pm

Hang on, your profile says you're male :p

ian-mstm Nov 19th 2013 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by civilservant (Post 10998537)
Hang on, your profile says you're male :p

Gender reassignment surgery?

Ian

greenbid Nov 19th 2013 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by ian-mstm (Post 10998566)
Gender reassignment surgery?

Ian

Ian you have so much to say on your profile but when you click on friends, guess what? None. :( would never believe that.

Noorah101 Nov 19th 2013 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by greenbid (Post 10998573)
Ian you have so much to say on your profile but when you click on friends, guess what? None. :( would never believe that.

Please take any personal issues to PM. Please keep the thread on topic.

Thank you,
Rene

jeffreyhy Nov 19th 2013 6:45 pm

I don't believe it either. I know for sure that he's got at least one.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by greenbid (Post 10998573)