Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

E2 visa petition to the Whitehouse

E2 visa petition to the Whitehouse

Old Oct 12th 2011, 11:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute
Default E2 visa petition to the Whitehouse

Hi all

Please take a look at this petition on the Whitehouse website- it needs 3475 signatures by October 26th and so far only has 1525.

Thanks and if you agree please sign thank you.

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petition...green/ZyVQs98p
Old Oct 13th 2011, 2:30 pm
Zoe
Forum Regular

Zoe will become famous soon enoughZoe will become famous soon enough
Default Re: E2 visa petition to the Whitehouse

Thank you Shelley for posting about our Petition.

We have 13 days to get up to 5,000 signatures.

There has been problems with being able to get on the website and also you need to create an account before you sign and that has been problematic.

We thank anyone who signs and greatly appreciate it.

Zoe
Old Oct 21st 2011, 2:54 am
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute

bumped up- come on guys and gals we need more signatures by deadline date of October 26th!!!
Old Oct 21st 2011, 3:26 am
Forum Regular

Havnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond reputeHavnfun has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shelley748
bumped up- come on guys and gals we need more signatures by deadline date of October 26th!!!
Added one more
Old Oct 21st 2011, 2:37 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shelley748
Site Rule:
13. Bumping Posts
Please do not bump your post in order to get it back to the top of the page.

Just sayin'!

Ian
Old Oct 21st 2011, 2:44 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Vote early, vote often?
Old Oct 21st 2011, 2:44 pm
Zoe
Forum Regular

We really appreciate anyone who has taken the time to sign this Petition.

Zoe
Old Oct 21st 2011, 3:33 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

What's in it for me?
Old Oct 21st 2011, 3:58 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
What's in it for me?
Appreciation?
Old Oct 21st 2011, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

DavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
What's in it for me?
Looks like this petition is going to be SOL as there is not much hope of getting a further 3020 votes in the next 5 days.

Have you guys tried to seek an environment that would have a bigger audience? What about TV or Papers? If you really want it to work, a small investment might be worth it. Although may even be to late for that now.

Good Luck
Old Oct 21st 2011, 10:21 pm
Zoe
Forum Regular

There have been some real issues with getting onto the White House website to be able to sign.

With the amount of effort that has gone into this project, if it had been an easier thing to do, I am sure we would have got to the numbers.

I don't believe the White House were expecting the amount of traffic to this website, but with over 200 petitions and everyone having to create an Account and then go back in to Sign, I think it was just too much for it to handle.

I spoke to a guy from the Press Office a couple of days ago - after numerous calls and being put through to Voice Mailboxes that were full - he was very uninterested to say the least. He told me to e-mail in with my concerns. I asked him if he could give me a more direct e-mail address, as the main e-mail address gets thousands of hits a day and he said No.

Oh well we have tried and will keep on the pressure till the last minute on Wednesday.

Once again thanks to all who did sign.

Zoe
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 1:02 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe
With the amount of effort that has gone into this project, if it had been an easier thing to do, I am sure we would have got to the numbers.
It seems that people just aren't that interested in extending immigration benefits to those who knew, in advance, what was going to happen at some point in the future.

I don't believe the White House were expecting the amount of traffic to this website, but with over 200 petitions and everyone having to create an Account and then go back in to Sign, I think it was just too much for it to handle.
Respectfully, the government enjoys more bandwidth than most major corporations... have you ever seen a map of the Internet? It seems you're now looking for any excuse to explain the poor performance of your petition. Bottom line... people just aren't that interested.

Ian
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 4:14 am
Account Closed

Seems Ok to me.
Old Oct 23rd 2011, 12:48 am
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

So if they get the required signatures the law is automatically changed?

How do I start a free beer and chicken wings petition? This will be a snap.

All of the E2 visa holders should just vote for Congressmen who support their position. That would be a better idea, right? Or is that solution just too obvious?

Last edited by crg; Oct 23rd 2011 at 12:50 am.
Old Oct 23rd 2011, 1:22 am
Forum Regular

Married2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond reputeMarried2abrit has a reputation beyond repute

"All of the E2 visa holders should just vote for Congressmen who support their position. That would be a better idea, right? Or is that solution just too obvious?"

Only citizens can vote, not visa holders.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.