British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   E2 Visa Northern California (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/e2-visa-northern-california-904025/)

Jsmith Oct 1st 2017 1:28 pm

E2 Visa Northern California

Hi Guys,

Calling all British E2 Visa holders!

My wife and I are considering applying for E2 Business Investor Visa and have a load of questions which we hope to get some help on from this forum.

We are planning on making the application in Jan-18 and are hoping to be in California by Autumn 2018; more specifically northern California.

We currently have a digital marketing consultancy in the UK and are planning to open a US consultancy with the help of our attorney.

We have a few questions and it would be great if we could have a chat through some of your experiences. Mainly around the process. <<<SNIP>>>

Thanks,
J

Jerseygirl Oct 1st 2017 1:47 pm

Re: E2 Visa Northern California

Welcome to BE.

The BE Immigration forums are for questions regarding visas and citizenship only. Questions regarding locations, schools, property, taxes, healthcare etc should be posted in the Main US or Trailer Park forum.

Please do not ask our members to contact you directly with immigration information. Incorrect information may be given which could have dire consequences. If incorrect info is posted on the forums...others can correct it.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/

Jsmith Oct 1st 2017 3:01 pm

Hi

Apologies and appreciate what you're saying.

I saw your post about "DM'ing" afterwards so I'll be sure not to do this in the future.

I will make sure to post my questions in the correct areas of the forum.

Thanks,
J

Jerseygirl Oct 1st 2017 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by Jsmith (Post 12350986)
Hi

Apologies and appreciate what you're saying.

I saw your post about "DM'ing" afterwards so I'll be sure not to do this in the future.

I will make sure to post my questions in the correct areas of the forum.

Thanks,
J

Let me know if you are unsure where to post and I will point you in the right direction.

scrubbedexpat099 Oct 1st 2017 3:09 pm

There may be better options, how many employees do you currently have?

Jsmith Oct 1st 2017 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 12350991)
Let me know if you are unsure where to post and I will point you in the right direction.

Hello

Please can you let me know about where I can post?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
J

Jsmith Oct 1st 2017 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by Boiler (Post 12350994)
There may be better options, how many employees do you currently have?

Hi

Thanks for your reply - we don't have any employees yet - we use sub-contractors in the UK as and when we need to.

Thanks,
J

scrubbedexpat099 Oct 2nd 2017 1:38 am

Originally Posted by Jsmith (Post 12351159)
Hi

Thanks for your reply - we don't have any employees yet - we use sub-contractors in the UK as and when we need to.

Thanks,
J

So your prospective US business will be much different by the sounds of it.

md95065 Oct 5th 2017 6:49 am

Originally Posted by Jsmith (Post 12350932)
We are planning on making the application in Jan-18 and are hoping to be in California by Autumn 2018; more specifically northern California.

Northern California is quite a big place.

Do you really mean "the San Francisco Bay Area" or are you thinking more in terms of Mendocino or Humboldt counties?

Jsmith Oct 5th 2017 6:58 am

Hi

We are actually looking at Placer county, more specifically Roseville, Rocklin, Folsom areas.

Thanks,
J

wisygreen Oct 5th 2017 4:42 pm

E2 is not a popular visa, particularly if you have kids as they age out at 21. You need to have employees so you would have to change your business model. If it was at all possible take a look if your company would qualify for a L1 visa as this, currently, can lead to a green card. As an E2 visa holder living in Folsom I would be happy to answer any specific questions.