E2 Visa - How to show investment

Old Sep 25th 2019, 1:53 pm
Just Joined

DaddyD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default E2 Visa - How to show investment

Hi,

I am looking to start up a new service company in the US but i am unsure how to show "committed funds" for the visa application. It will be a business run from home, so i cannot show a committed lease for an office or shop. I can obviously have the business bank account and website all set up but this does not show a substantial amount. Also I will not have any stock for the business until I actually get a rental house in the US which will be done after issue of Visa. Does anyone have any ideas with this?

Thanks

Daniel
Old Sep 25th 2019, 2:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E2 Visa - How to show investment

Do you have a lawyer? This doesn't sound like a business that would qualify for an E-2 tbh. The whole point of the visa is that it's an investment based visa, if you don't have anything to invest in then it's simply not going to qualify. Also, if it's just going to be home based - why do you need to move to the US to run it and what will you do re: employees, will they work from your home too?
Old Sep 25th 2019, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

Hi, thank you for your response. I will be going to customers houses to provide services, and also my employees will also be going to customers houses. I will be investing in vans and stock but cannot do that until I get to America.
Old Sep 25th 2019, 3:44 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

My understanding is that an E-2 investment visa for a start -up business cannot be for a home based business; you need to show that you have leased office space. . What does your immigration lawyer say? If you don't have a lawyer, even more red flags. . this type of visa typically uses a lawyer's input.

Rene
Old Sep 25th 2019, 4:02 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not every type of business is suitable for an E2, Alternatively you may need to restructure the business to fit in with the needs of an E2.

I would expect that you would need to show that you have funds and that they are committed, normally this is done by being held in Escrow subject to the issuance of a visa.
Old Sep 25th 2019, 4:45 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for your messages, we do not have an immigration attorney. We are trying to do as much ourselves as possible. I have been through the application form and I am pretty confident I can provide all the information required. I may need a little bit of help with a couple of things.
Old Sep 25th 2019, 5:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaddyD
Thank you for your messages, we do not have an immigration attorney. We are trying to do as much ourselves as possible. I have been through the application form and I am pretty confident I can provide all the information required. I may need a little bit of help with a couple of things.
If you're spending $200,000+ or so on setting up a business in the US, then isn't an attorney a drop in the ocean and a wise investment? It's not just the forms but making sure that your business and you meet the criteria for the visa. The forum pros will know more than I, but I thought you had to invest a good chunk of the monies up front, an attorney can help advise on that.
Old Sep 25th 2019, 5:42 pm
Account Closed

All thet can really be made is generalities, I see you mention the Business will be buying vans so that will be a substantial investment. A lot of this comes down to the Business Plan and making it E2 friendly.
Old Sep 25th 2019, 5:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Boiler
All thet can really be made is generalities, I see you mention the Business will be buying vans so that will be a substantial investment. A lot of this comes down to the Business Plan and making it E2 friendly.
Thank you for your message, Yes I will be buying vans /trucks but that will not be committed funds as I will buy the vans when I am in America, how can I show committed funds or am I to buy trucks before I apply for visa thus showing “committed funds”
Old Sep 25th 2019, 5:52 pm
Account Closed

Money up front held in ESCROW deal subject to visa issuance.
Old Sep 25th 2019, 5:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
If you're spending $200,000+ or so on setting up a business in the US, then isn't an attorney a drop in the ocean and a wise investment? It's not just the forms but making sure that your business and you meet the criteria for the visa. The forum pros will know more than I, but I thought you had to invest a good chunk of the monies up front, an attorney can help advise on that.
we are looking to spend/invest $80,000 and have been quoted $10,000 for attorney fees, so if we can save on attorney fees then this gives us more time to establish the business. Has anyone applied for e2 visa themselves? How did you get on? Thanks
Old Sep 25th 2019, 5:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Boiler
Money up front held in ESCROW deal subject to visa issuance.
would a person selling a truck in the US be happy with having the money in an ESCROW and then waiting until my Visa is approved?
Old Sep 25th 2019, 6:25 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by DaddyD

would a person selling a truck in the US be happy with having the money in an ESCROW and then waiting until my Visa is approved?
Do not know, but not much skin in it for a Dealer. He gets a Deposit, if your Visa does not go through well he has more in stock.

Just saw the 80K, not sure what you will get for that, you can spend that much on one.

Old Sep 25th 2019, 6:36 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

As we've been saying, E-2 needs office space. Typically the money for office lease will go into escrow and that will be your proof. I have never heard of money for a vehicle gong into escrow, but if you are buying or leasing several of them, look into opening a fleet account under the business name, then perhaps the dealer will hold money in escrow. .I don't know.

I think you need to have at least a 1-time consultation with an immigration attorney to see if your plan is even doable as an E-2.

Rene
Old Sep 26th 2019, 11:28 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
As we've been saying, E-2 needs office space. Typically the money for office lease will go into escrow and that will be your proof. I have never heard of money for a vehicle gong into escrow, but if you are buying or leasing several of them, look into opening a fleet account under the business name, then perhaps the dealer will hold money in escrow. .I don't know.

I think you need to have at least a 1-time consultation with an immigration attorney to see if your plan is even doable as an E-2.

Rene
Thanks for your advice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.