E2 visa help re: fees

Old Oct 26th 2016, 3:20 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: E2 visa help re: fees

Originally Posted by Tuckster
Okay. In which case, I'm sure I do understand now. Her visa – in order for us to move at the same time and both work – must be a different kind than simply an E-2 dependent's visa, hence the cost.
Nope

As said she enters and applies for EAD as soon as possible and then it is 90 days or so.

Her ability to get an EAD is because she has entered as an E2 Dependant.

I assume the cost is mainly your contribution to the legal costs, fee is relatively minor.

And then she has to find a job etc etc.
Old Oct 26th 2016, 3:23 pm
Banned

Canveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond repute

Short of your company employing her and putting her on an E2, I see no way for your wife to work immediately after landing and not applying for an EAD.

Even if they moved you on an L1, your wife would still need an EAD. It is my understanding that ALL dependant visa's that allow work require an EAD.
Old Oct 26th 2016, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

Tuckster is an unknown quantity at this point

There was something explained to me in my meeting yesterday that we would go for our interviews at the same time, and would basically be going through the process together, and that this was a good thing in order that she *could* work straight away.

I've asked for further clarification, until then I think I could be leading you all down the wrong avenues.

Thanks to everyone who has replied so far. Hopefully it gets sorted!
Old Oct 26th 2016, 3:27 pm
Account Closed

Going to the interview together makes sense, she could only work immediately is he is also an employee and is not a dependant.
Old Oct 26th 2016, 3:28 pm
Banned

Canveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond reputeCanveydave has a reputation beyond repute

You do both go for your interview at the same time, you do go through the process together. Your visa's have the same dates in, but all dependent visa's require EAD to work.

Please update us when you find out more, maybe we are missing something, however my fear is that when you ask the right questions you will find out that your wife will be

1.) On an E2 dependent
2.) Require an EAD to work in the US
3.) Not be able to work until she receives the EAD

Like I say please let us know how the conversation goes, it might help us help others in future!

Good luck!
Old Oct 26th 2016, 3:29 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps they meant she would be eligible to apply for work authorization straight away (after arriving in the USA). This takes 90 days or so to arrive after applying.

Looking forward to your clarifications, as I also can't figure out what the $3K cost is for.

Rene
Old Oct 26th 2016, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

Finally, before we leave this until we get further info, there is an optimistic solution.

My sister is a director of a London-based company that also has an office in NYC. My wife has worked there before, and there's a quiet confidence that she should be able to get a position at the NYC office.

If there was such a job lined up, would that be the best way to go (even if she was on a separate H1B visa or the like)?
Old Oct 26th 2016, 3:33 pm
Account Closed

H1b, assuming not a non profit, application in by 1st April, they need to win the lottery say 25% chance, and 1st October start.
Old Oct 26th 2016, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Boiler
H1b, assuming not a non profit, application in by 1st April, they need to win the lottery say 25% chance, and 1st October start.
Even if the other NYC company sponsors her application etc?
Old Oct 26th 2016, 3:35 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
And if she's thinking L1 transfer, she has to have worked for the company 1 full year out of the past 3 years.

Getting an E2D and then EAD is a lot easier.

Rene
Old Oct 26th 2016, 3:35 pm
Account Closed

No sponsor no application.
Old Oct 26th 2016, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by Tuckster
Even if the other NYC company sponsors her application etc?
The company you are working for can only sponsor her to work at their own company, not your sister's company.

Rene
Old Oct 26th 2016, 3:38 pm

Once she enters on an E2D and gets her EAD in hand, then she can apply at your sister's NY company.

Rene
Old Oct 26th 2016, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
The company you are working for can only sponsor her to work at their own company, not your sister's company.

Rene
Yeah, that's what I meant.

Basically, this is all quite depressing. I don't think we're going be able to do it.

My salary would barely be enough to support us both pre-Brexit, and with the pound as it is now, you can absolutely 100% forget about it. Three months waiting for the EAD (with just me earning) to come through is just not possible.
Old Oct 26th 2016, 3:44 pm
Account Closed

What has Brexit to do with it, you would be working in the US and paid in $?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.