E2 Visa Approved

Old Sep 7th 2016, 11:27 pm
Just Joined

Gayled06 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: E2 Visa Approved

Originally Posted by DMECI
Sounds perfect - hope we have the same outcome and experience ! Thanks for the great insight we will get there for around 7am then. How long did it take for your passports to come back?
Our interview was on Thursday and had our passports on the Tuesday (we picked delivery by 10am)- flew out on the Wednesday
Old Sep 8th 2016, 10:59 am
Just Joined

BritMum1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Gayled06,

I have just seen your post regarding the E2 visa. My husband is meeting with his immigration attorney this afternoon to discuss the visa application process and what to expect.

I am quite nervous, as I am sure you were, about what to expect. Was the process fairly smooth? Am I correct in thinking your had your decision within a month of submitting the application?

As a spouse did you have to do anything? We have a little boy who is only 2, do we have to do anything for him or is he an automatic dependant?

If my husband gets the interview at the embassy, do we both attend?

I know its a lot of questions but I feel quite out of the loop on it all and would just like a better understanding of the process and what to expect.

Thanks!
Old Sep 8th 2016, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

bhavesh1984 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Brit mum,

I know your questions are directed towards Gayled06 but I've been through the initial process of paperwork.

The E2 Visa process is quite long winded but it definitely a great option as it will allow your spouse to work in the US and allow your son and you to both accompany him whilst in the US. You and your son will both be applying as defendants to your spouse. the process for both of you is pretty straight forward and you will need to fill out a DS160 form which will be provided by your lawyer at a later stage. The main applicant being your spouse will be providing the bulk of the paperwork. When the interview date comes you and your husband will need to be present your 2 year old boy does not need to be there but its at your discretion if you want to take him.

It does take long to get your visa as there is a lot to provide in terms of documentation but for me at least it was the best option because my spouse will be able to work whilst int he US.

I am still waiting on my interview date from the US Embassy in London should hopefully get a positive response in a few weeks.

Best of luck!
Bhavesh
Old Sep 8th 2016, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

Gayled06 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritMum1
Hi Gayled06,

I have just seen your post regarding the E2 visa. My husband is meeting with his immigration attorney this afternoon to discuss the visa application process and what to expect.

I am quite nervous, as I am sure you were, about what to expect. Was the process fairly smooth? Am I correct in thinking your had your decision within a month of submitting the application?

As a spouse did you have to do anything? We have a little boy who is only 2, do we have to do anything for him or is he an automatic dependant?

If my husband gets the interview at the embassy, do we both attend?

I know its a lot of questions but I feel quite out of the loop on it all and would just like a better understanding of the process and what to expect.

Thanks!
Bhavesh1984 answered most of your questions, im just gonna add a couple bits.
It was a long road of documentation gathering for us, we started in January but our business in the US was completely set up- ready to go and we submitted in July. One month later, we were moved.
As a spouse you will fill in your DS160 a few days before the interview, and at the interview, youll be asked some questions. Just be honest and nice, and you will be fine. Our lawyer prepped us both for our interview but we had no issues arise anyway.

Thats all to add really!
Good luck!
Old Sep 8th 2016, 2:33 pm
Just Joined

DMECI is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gayled06
Our interview was on Thursday and had our passports on the Tuesday (we picked delivery by 10am)- flew out on the Wednesday
Thank you ;-)
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

Hi Bhavesh,

Thank you for your reply! We're hoping to have the paperwork sent off tomorrow. Hopefully they won't require anymore information.

Have you been given your interview date yet?

Thank you Gayled06!
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

HI Gayle,

Yes we have our interview tomorrow 23rd September. I'm just preparing myself for the interview, to be honest feeling little nervous as I'm. It sure what will be asked. Also at the moment my attachments or ties with UK is that both me and my wife hold U.K. Bank accounts. We have staying at my father in laws house the past few months as we no perms any residence here and my son attends nursery here. Will this be sufficient to show we have interest in UK as I feel this may be what will not work in our favor.

Thank you,
Bhav
Old Sep 23rd 2016, 12:34 pm
Just Joined

Good Luck for today Bhavesh!

I'm not sure how much history with the U.K. They require. I'm sure that will be sufficient enough as you have legal ties such as bank accounts and a care of address.

Thanks,

Diane. (Sorry I think there was a mistake with the name)
Old Sep 23rd 2016, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Diane,

We didn't get the E2 visa � ����. Apparently the money we are investing has to be 'irrevocably committed' basically already invested and. It just being placed in a bank account we had shown 208,000 dollars investment of which 70,000 is already invested. Also we had to show additional contracts to demonstrate we were keen to pursue the business as explained in our business plan.

We can re apply again for an E2 once this is place.

Thanks,
Bhav
Old Sep 26th 2016, 6:44 pm
Just Joined

Lewis85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats!