Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Is the E2 renewal application late?

Is the E2 renewal application late?

Old Mar 3rd 2019, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

E2Brutus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is the E2 renewal application late?

If you apply for the E2 Renewal before your existing E2 Visa expires, but do not get it processed/get called to interview before the visa expires is it an issue?
Old Mar 3rd 2019, 10:34 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is the E2 renewal application late?

USCIS processing times do not factor for application timeliness. Only the date it was received.
Old Mar 4th 2019, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

wisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond repute

So long as your I94's are current you should be OK.
Old Mar 5th 2019, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

E2Brutus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wisygreen
So long as your I94's are current you should be OK.
Thank you. Yes, good through year on that front. The E2 is a great visa in many ways, but the renewal is the same burden of preparation as the initial visa. There are times I wish my wife was American to make my life easy :-)
Old Mar 6th 2019, 12:14 am
Forum Regular

wisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond repute

It is a difficult visa to be on. We did 3 renewals so understand your concern. To assuage some worry, one renewal our visa had expired 4 months previous to the interview but the embassy official said it was fine as our I94's were current. Good luck!
Old Mar 6th 2019, 12:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Good info.
Old Mar 10th 2019, 1:12 am
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

Just to clarify this question - as a hypothetical scenario:

1. E-2 expired
2. i94 current
3. E-2 renewal appointment out of the US (given in cannot be done in the US)

So the applicant leaves the US to attend their appointment, and for some reason the E-2 is not renewed.

Applicant now cannot return to the US, right? Attempting to enter on a ESTA to wrap up affairs would be very questionable and possibly even denied entry.

I'm right in thinking that leaving it late to renew could leave you in a very sticky situation, right?
Old Mar 11th 2019, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

Everything is a crap shoot with the E2 treaty investor visa. I know of a couple who were refused a renewal and had their current E2 cancelled in their passport. I think it was for not showing ties to their home country. I have also heard of someone whose visa had expired but I94's current who were refused a renewal but they came back on an ESTA to sort out their affairs. We renewed 3 times and everytime we left the country we had no idea if we would be allowed back. It is one hell of a visa to be on.
Old Mar 11th 2019, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

Morag McDoogal will become famous soon enoughMorag McDoogal will become famous soon enough

It doesn't matter if you leave it late, you either get a renewal or you don't. If you don't get it I don't think you can use ESTA and instead would need to apply for a B visa to allow time to pack up and leave and even this is not a sure thing. I always plan for the worst and hope for the best but the bottom line is nothing is guaranteed no matter how well in advance you apply.