E2 recent experiences

Old Aug 17th 2017, 1:45 pm
Just Joined

Vanremy is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile E2 recent experiences

Hi

I've recently applied for my E2 visa and the London embassy has acknowledged receipt of my application.

I was just wondering if anyone has recently applied or been to the embassy and are willing to share their experiences?

I've had a look through the forums and there aren't a lot of recent E2 threads so hence my question.

Many thanks
V
Old Aug 17th 2017, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E2 recent experiences

Can you be more specific in what you want to know?

The E unit in London is running approximately 30 days late on the usual case lead time of 30 days at the moment due to resignations within the department. Things are moving forward but they are running slower than normal.
Old Aug 17th 2017, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: E2 recent experiences

Hi shiversaint,

Thanks for your reply.

I just wanted to know if anyone has applied recently and wanted to share their experiences whether good or bad.

Thanks
V
Old Aug 17th 2017, 4:46 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

The E2 is not a highly sought after visa.

Here is a story from July 2017 from a poster who obtained their E2.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/us-im...-story-900116/
Old Aug 19th 2017, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the information Rete
Old Sep 2nd 2017, 10:49 am
Just Joined

Hi

I was wondering if anyone has recently applied ( in the last 3 months or so) for the E2 visa and would be willing to share their timeline?

Thanks
V
Old Sep 2nd 2017, 10:22 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vanremy
I was wondering if anyone has recently applied ( in the last 3 months or so) for the E2 visa and would be willing to share their timeline?
With respect, someone else's timeline will have no bearing whatsoever on yours. That said, there's a handy "search" feature near the top right of every page - so it shouldn't be too difficult for you to search the forum for E-2 visa posts that meet your criterion.

Ian
Old Sep 3rd 2017, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks
V
Ian is of course right, but as I said in an earlier post, the E2 timeline is very delayed at the moment.

Bear in mind that an E-2 Treaty Investor can apply with Premium Processing, so it's possible so speed this up significantly. My employer went through Premium Processing at the end of May without issue, and our investor was issued a visa in about 8 days.

However, I was told by my immigration attorney on Friday that there has been a sudden, marked increase in E-2 essential employee denials in the last month or so, for cases that historically would never have posed an issue. Whilst anecdotal like everything else, I would make sure your E-2 application is as bulletproof as possible. For the "one man band" type businesses with lower revenues and investments, there have definitely been a lot less 5 year visas issued, with many more 2-3 year visas.

Our E-2 TI visa was issued a 5 year visa with circa $150k investment and on paper contractual commitments in the US for 3 years as evidence, and a 5 year conservatively estimated business plan. We already have revenues of close to $1 million per year in the states though, so it wasn't exactly hard to prove our case.
Old Sep 4th 2017, 7:01 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
With respect, someone else's timeline will have no bearing whatsoever on yours. That said, there's a handy "search" feature near the top right of every page - so it shouldn't be too difficult for you to search the forum for E-2 visa posts that meet your criterion.

Ian
Thanks for your reply Ian.

With respect, I have previously used the handy search feature you mentioned which didn't provide what I was looking for, hence why I have taken the time to ask the same on the forum.

V
Old Sep 4th 2017, 7:11 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by shiversaint
Ian is of course right, but as I said in an earlier post, the E2 timeline is very delayed at the moment.

Bear in mind that an E-2 Treaty Investor can apply with Premium Processing, so it's possible so speed this up significantly. My employer went through Premium Processing at the end of May without issue, and our investor was issued a visa in about 8 days.

However, I was told by my immigration attorney on Friday that there has been a sudden, marked increase in E-2 essential employee denials in the last month or so, for cases that historically would never have posed an issue. Whilst anecdotal like everything else, I would make sure your E-2 application is as bulletproof as possible. For the "one man band" type businesses with lower revenues and investments, there have definitely been a lot less 5 year visas issued, with many more 2-3 year visas.

Our E-2 TI visa was issued a 5 year visa with circa $150k investment and on paper contractual commitments in the US for 3 years as evidence, and a 5 year conservatively estimated business plan. We already have revenues of close to $1 million per year in the states though, so it wasn't exactly hard to prove our case.
Thanks for taking the time to reply and explain Shiversaint, it's much appreciated.
I can't see the premium processing option in London, maybe it's been taken off?
I'm purchasing an existing franchise that's been running for the last 25 years. It has a good np and good yoy growth and not a one man band but actually has quite a few employees.
I have applied since August and haven't heard anything except for the 'application received' email.
The broker seems to be a little panicky and I need to do something to appease the situation, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
V
Old Sep 4th 2017, 2:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

I would think you need to file for premium processing alongside your application but I could be wrong. This gives more information: https://www.uscis.gov/forms/how-do-i...essing-service

If you applied in August, the ordinary expected time for E-2 cases is 30 days, even without the given well known current delay of upto 60 days, you are probably within the expected period of time to have not heard anything.

You can submit a status enquiry via the embassy website here: https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/visa-...-contact-form/

I have no idea if they will reply or not. Reality is - you've sent in your documents and you're waiting to be invited for Interview - there isn't much else you can do until they email you. Your application has been acknowledged so you're in the system.
Old Sep 6th 2017, 9:34 pm
Just Joined

IrishBrazilian is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: E2 recent experiences

The broker seems to be a little panicky and I need to do something to appease the situation, any suggestions would be appreciated.
V
Panicky, really??!! He's after his fee....that's it.
He will be on your neck like a raging pit-bull, but don't be fazed by it mate....cool him down with: "It's outta my control now, if you keep pestering me, I will pull out of the deal". 9/10 it works like a charm.

In relation to the PREMIUM PROCESSING....there isn't such a thing for E2 when you apply at the embassy. This is only valid through applications with the USCIS when you are ALREADY in US.
Also, if you apply in the US, you wont get an E2 VISA!!! You will get an E2 STATUS....when you leave the country you have to basically re-apply for it. In order to get the "VISA" you have to go through the embassy anyway....that's the tricky part, as they (the embassy officials) will most likely think that you were trying to dodge a bullet by applying within the US. There are many case of people been denied the VISA (and losing the E2 status this way)

The best thing, ALWAYS, is to do everything by the book to maximize the chance of getting the Visa.
I'm currently applying for the Visa, as soon as I have a decision on my case, I will post the results here.

Cheers and good luck.
Old Sep 6th 2017, 9:46 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

I can't see the premium processing option in London, maybe it's been taken off?

V
I think that is only available when bringing in an E-2 employee, not when purchasing a business for oneself, but I could be wrong.
Old Sep 8th 2017, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by shiversaint
I would think you need to file for premium processing alongside your application but I could be wrong. This gives more information: https://www.uscis.gov/forms/how-do-i...essing-service

If you applied in August, the ordinary expected time for E-2 cases is 30 days, even without the given well known current delay of upto 60 days, you are probably within the expected period of time to have not heard anything.

You can submit a status enquiry via the embassy website here: https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/visa-...-contact-form/

I have no idea if they will reply or not. Reality is - you've sent in your documents and you're waiting to be invited for Interview - there isn't much else you can do until they email you. Your application has been acknowledged so you're in the system.
Many thanks for your reply Shiversaint.

Much appreciated
V
Old Sep 8th 2017, 5:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by IrishBrazilian
Panicky, really??!! He's after his fee....that's it.
He will be on your neck like a raging pit-bull, but don't be fazed by it mate....cool him down with: "It's outta my control now, if you keep pestering me, I will pull out of the deal". 9/10 it works like a charm.

In relation to the PREMIUM PROCESSING....there isn't such a thing for E2 when you apply at the embassy. This is only valid through applications with the USCIS when you are ALREADY in US.
Also, if you apply in the US, you wont get an E2 VISA!!! You will get an E2 STATUS....when you leave the country you have to basically re-apply for it. In order to get the "VISA" you have to go through the embassy anyway....that's the tricky part, as they (the embassy officials) will most likely think that you were trying to dodge a bullet by applying within the US. There are many case of people been denied the VISA (and losing the E2 status this way)

The best thing, ALWAYS, is to do everything by the book to maximize the chance of getting the Visa.
I'm currently applying for the Visa, as soon as I have a decision on my case, I will post the results here.

Cheers and good luck.
Hi IrishBrazlian,

Thanks for that, that was really helpful and what I needed to hear.

I'm in for the long haul!

All the best to you too.

V

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.