Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

E2 interview / DS-156 form Question 38

Wikiposts

E2 interview / DS-156 form Question 38

Old Jul 6th 2005, 7:14 am
Just Joined

jasonc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default E2 interview / DS-156 form Question 38

Hi all,

So we've eventually found a way to bring me into the US to perform some management duties there for 2/3 years. It's with a large UK bank who has a US subsiduary and the in-house legal team are happy that I fit the criteria for a multi-national managerial E2.

Problem: I have been arrested by the British Transport Police three and a bit years ago (and subsequently accepted a caution - an admission of guilt) for being drunk and disorderly.

Although I'm told this is not a CIMT (I've been ticking "no" on the Waiver form for the arrest or charge question on the back), I obviously must declare this on the DS-156. Piddly offence or not I want to do this by the book

As soon as I found out this question was on the form, I filed with my local Police Station the Data Protection form (A96 in Essex) to get my Police National Computer report.

The Officer at the desk said that it could arrive *after* my scheduled US Embassy interview for the E2 in London.

My question: am I wasting my time turning up with no paperwork to support my claim, or should I explain that the PNC report is being processed?

The immigration lawyer says it could "add a few days" if I don't have paperwork; I read on the Embassy web site 14-16 weeks was a possibility.

Help!!

Thanks
Old Jul 13th 2005, 2:51 am
Just Joined

joelc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: E2 interview / DS-156 form Question 38

My partner was in a similar situation. She showed up with at the Embassy without the PNC documentation, but with a letter from the local nick saying that her request had been sent off to Scotland Yard for processing and it could take 40 days etc...

The officer interviewing her was a bit harsh with other issues, but on this point told her he would need to see the paperwork to grant the Visa, but that once it was presented, the process would take the "normal" amount of time. In fact, she presented the information on a Monday and passport was returned on the Thursday, with Visa attached.

Good luck

Joel