E2 essential employee visa denied

Old Jun 19th 2019, 6:11 pm
  #46  
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,037
tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E2 essential employee visa denied

Originally Posted by robtuck View Post
See, I did think Golf, with the retail and Trump bit thrown in to spice up the challenge of guessing, but what on earth would the Brits be hoping to teach the locals?
From OP:
”this is through there E2 Visa company so they can still provide U.K. employees to keep the same image of the company. I am not sure what else to do...

The only thing I regret saying is sort of agreeing to 6 years experience as it was full time but there was another 2 years experience from a school program.”

Not sure Americans associate golf with the UK in the same way as football (soccer), even if it had it’s origins in Scotland, also things may have changed since I was in school in the UK, but we did not have golf....
tht is offline  
Old Jun 19th 2019, 6:28 pm
  #47  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Boiler's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Colorado
Posts: 31,600
Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E2 essential employee visa denied

We had golf at School, I did not play but there was a School team.
Boiler is offline  
Old Jun 19th 2019, 7:52 pm
  #48  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 66
Lorneo1067 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: E2 essential employee visa denied

Hey guys,

No it is not football or golf..

Do you think playing ability comes into an E2 visa application as a sports coach?
Lorneo1067 is offline  
Old Jun 19th 2019, 7:56 pm
  #49  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Boiler's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Colorado
Posts: 31,600
Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E2 essential employee visa denied

Originally Posted by Lorneo1067 View Post
Hey guys,

No it is not football or golf..

Do you think playing ability comes into an E2 visa application as a sports coach?
Well they say if you can not do, teach.
Boiler is offline  
Old Jun 19th 2019, 7:59 pm
  #50  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 66
Lorneo1067 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: E2 essential employee visa denied

Originally Posted by robtuck View Post
Intrigued now, certainly the post history provides some colour to the refusal - half the past 3 years have been on J1 Visa's in Summer Camp and then a "trainee" - I can well imagine a rulebook being metaphorically thrown at that being counted in the criteria for the E2, alongside anything pre-18 as well. What can you do in Summer Camp a mere two years ago that would not be known by Americans? Surely in this day an age, football wouldn't support more than the seasonal stuff unless you were a Professional footballer or Coach already.

Rugby maybe? There has been a push on that recently, especially Sevens. Getting that set-up at grassroots level might require some outside knowledge for a while I guess.

Oh hurry-up, Who Dunnit?
The person who got accepted for the company got approved with previous J1 Trainee and J1 summer camp and then moved onto the E2 essential employee..
Lorneo1067 is offline  
Old Jun 19th 2019, 9:44 pm
  #51  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Feb 2017
Location: Newnan, GA
Posts: 422
robtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E2 essential employee visa denied

Hence thinking it might be a cumulative impact on yours - how much essential knowledge can be shipped over before they start thinking it's about time the locals figured out how to do this mysterious thing you do? It's also likely some relatively lightweight reasoning would have got through before, but are now more likely to catch attention. Not every time, because it's a person doing the assessment not an algorithm, but certainly the rules are being tightened. My EB1C needed pages of extra info sent after the lawyers had pulled together the original application documents - they were surprised at the level of detail being requested and have done plenty before.

A second attempt may succeed, but it may just be that the party is over.

The playing experience is unlikely to add any weight to coaching, although it may depend on the past time we are talking about. Football for example - I doubt playing Sunday league is going to cut the mustard, but being under a professional contract might.
robtuck is offline  
Old Jun 19th 2019, 10:03 pm
  #52  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 66
Lorneo1067 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: E2 essential employee visa denied

Originally Posted by robtuck View Post
Hence thinking it might be a cumulative impact on yours - how much essential knowledge can be shipped over before they start thinking it's about time the locals figured out how to do this mysterious thing you do? It's also likely some relatively lightweight reasoning would have got through before, but are now more likely to catch attention. Not every time, because it's a person doing the assessment not an algorithm, but certainly the rules are being tightened. My EB1C needed pages of extra info sent after the lawyers had pulled together the original application documents - they were surprised at the level of detail being requested and have done plenty before.

A second attempt may succeed, but it may just be that the party is over.

The playing experience is unlikely to add any weight to coaching, although it may depend on the past time we are talking about. Football for example - I doubt playing Sunday league is going to cut the mustard, but being under a professional contract might.
Well I am not sure what I can do to get accepted next time if you think the case is over. I know you have mentioned about the amount of detail you had. The last person who got accepted in March, the consular officer said to pass on a message to the lawyer that this much detail is not needed. I am sure they still supplied the same amount of info for me.

And playing ability i have played for US college ncaa division 2 national champions, finished 3rd in Great Britain and played many national teams in Europe..
Lorneo1067 is offline  
Old Jun 20th 2019, 1:05 am
  #53  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Boiler's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Colorado
Posts: 31,600
Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E2 essential employee visa denied

The only connection I know is CeCe Telfer. Not sure what that has to do with an E2.
Boiler is offline  
Old Jun 20th 2019, 4:35 pm
  #54  
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,037
tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E2 essential employee visa denied

Originally Posted by Lorneo1067 View Post


Well I am not sure what I can do to get accepted next time if you think the case is over. I know you have mentioned about the amount of detail you had. The last person who got accepted in March, the consular officer said to pass on a message to the lawyer that this much detail is not needed. I am sure they still supplied the same amount of info for me.

And playing ability i have played for US college ncaa division 2 national champions, finished 3rd in Great Britain and played many national teams in Europe..
The fact that they are asking an applicant to pass a message on to the lawyers indicates they must see a lot of these from one employer / law firm and be very familiar with the role which does not seem like good news for you. I cant speak to E1, but I was told by an immigration lawyer late last that they were seeing more scrutiny and questions on L visas. Was there anything else different about yours? Do you have a waiver for the CIMT you posted about in 2017 or something else that made your application different from the approved one?

As to your playing ability / achievements I don't think that would matter here, I do recall reading about a UK soccer player that got an O1 and I think he was coming over for coaching, but thats a visa that is dependent on extraordinary ability so that would be more relevant for that. And as to playing in the NCAA division II, that is something that 100,000 other students do so that probably does not mean a-lot in this context.
tht is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.