E2 Dependant is not UK National

Old Jan 23rd 2019, 3:47 am
Forum Regular

E2Brutus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default E2 Dependant is not UK National

As a UK citizen I renewed my E2 visa at the US London embassy. Then once I had it, my wife (a Japanese citizen) went to Japan to renew hers at the US Tokyo embassy.

I can't remember, but I guess there was a reason? It is not possible to take my wife to the London interview and have it done there, or have it done a few days after in London?
Old Jan 23rd 2019, 12:13 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E2 Dependant is not UK National

If she's legally living in the UK, it can be done there.

Rene
Old Jan 23rd 2019, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

E2Brutus is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Rene. We have been living in the US on an E2 for eight years so isn't legally living in the UK.

Last time she flew to Japan and fedexed her passport to them and they sent it back with the visa. i believe we cannot fedex it from the US because she needs to have a stamp in her passport that shows she is in Japan at the time of the renewal application. I don't really remember the details, and maybe we took an unnecessary step.
Old Jan 23rd 2019, 3:47 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know, sorry. . hopefully someone comes along with advice.

Rene
Old Jan 23rd 2019, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

fbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond repute

I got my H1 and H4 stamped in London two separate times, when I was not living there. Unless your situation is specific to the E2 or that getting visas stamped where you don't reside is no longer allowed, I'm not sure why she can't do it in London.
Old Jan 23rd 2019, 10:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

I would think an E-2 derivative can renew their visa at basically any embassy. Don't see why not. Can't be done whilst in the US though, that's basically the only (probably obvious) criterion. So I don't see why she can't go with you to the UK.

It's quite common for derivative visa holders/applicants to go to the interview with the main visa holder.

As an E-2 holder married to an E-2 derivative holder, I've never read anything that suggests you wouldn't be able to do what you're asking to do. That's not to say it doesn't exist, but even a quick google around doesn't yield anything to the contrary.

I guess the only thing that might throw a flag is insufficient home ties, but people living in the US on an E-2 fall into a bit of a hole on that front anyway, so I wouldn't worry.