Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

o1 visa - working for multiple employers

o1 visa - working for multiple employers

Old Jun 15th 2018, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

britanya is an unknown quantity at this point
Default o1 visa - working for multiple employers

Hello all

I'm putting together an application for an o1 visa. I'm at the stage where I'm letting my lawyer know of all of the job offers i've received from companies in the US who want to work with me. My lawyer said he is 100% sure that I will only ever be able to work for those listed on this application. But I've just spoken to a recruitment agency in the US who are also eager to work with me when I get there (Which would be amazing because I'm assuming I'd then be able to work for even more companies via them). But they say they think they can only work with me if my application states i'm able to work with other companies, not listed on my application. As I've mentioned, my lawyer has already stated that won't be possible, but the recrutiment company said they work with many o1 visa applicants in the US who did not place them on their initial application, because their visa was filed in a way that allowed them to work for other companies not listed on the application.

Can anybody shed light on this. How would my application need to be filed in order for me to work with other employers not listed on the application.

Right now I have various employers on my application, an itinerary is being put together to specify the work I'll be doing for each, and my sponsor is an artist management company who will file the application for me. as i understand it, there are 3 types of sponsors allowed for this visa - an employer as a sponsor, an agency as a sponsor (so an agent who would find me work, and who i would be paid through, so they act as an employer) or an individual agent (someone who files for me, and lists my work itinerary but does not act as my employer, so i am not paid through them). the latter will be my sponsor in this case.