E-MAIL NOTIFICATION OF N-400???

Old Jan 24th 2008, 4:06 am
Forum Regular

Archie Wilson will become famous soon enough
Default E-MAIL NOTIFICATION OF N-400???

Today, I was by the Memphis ASC, and asked if you could get E-Mail status notification of N-400 Applications like you could I-751 Petitions. I was told that you could not.

Is this correct?

Archie Wilson
Old Jan 24th 2008, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

abir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of lightabir007 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: E-MAIL NOTIFICATION OF N-400???

Originally Posted by Archie Wilson
Today, I was by the Memphis ASC, and asked if you could get E-Mail status notification of N-400 Applications like you could I-751 Petitions. I was told that you could not.

Is this correct?

Archie Wilson
That does not sound right. If you check your status here and something shows up, it will give you a link to setup e-mail notification. The problem is many of us even after FP, the Receipt/Application# does not show anything.
Old Jan 24th 2008, 6:02 am
Forum Regular

Right, but let's see who comes forward who has actually set it up to receive E-mail notification of N-400 progress.

Archie Wilson
Old Jan 24th 2008, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond repute

I setup an account to receive e-mail notifications, however my case status has never changed, even though I have my interview scheduled.

The online status is hit & miss, some peoples status is updated, some not.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 12:54 am
Forum Regular

Ok Mick, let me be sure what you are saying:

1. You can put in your SS# can retrieve your case status?
2. You are not receiving e-mail notices of case status change?

Archie
Old Jan 25th 2008, 1:29 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

We set things up to receive email notification for Mark's N-400 application. However, there's been no movement on his application (online, anyway) since last April, so we can't say yet if it will actually work.

You don't need your SSN to sign up. You need to provide your name, address, receipt number, and email address, plus you have to create a user ID, password, and security question/answer.

~ Jenney
Old Jan 25th 2008, 2:51 am
Forum Regular

Thanks, Jenney.

For some strange reason, the TSC N-400 Applications were numbered "SSC*etc." which I am told used to stand for Southern Service Center.

My point is I am trying to find somebody, anybody, who can tell me that the
E-mail status notification works on these N-400 applications.

Archie Wilson
Old Jan 25th 2008, 7:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

There's no guarantee anyone can give you that you will receive notifications. Sometimes your will, sometimes you won't. When we signed my OH up for I-751 emails, he never received anything - we happened to be checking his receipt number (out of the blue) one day and saw that it was approved. Never actually rec'd an email.

FWIW, a lot of people cannot check their N-400 status online at all. I know my OH's receipt number says "number not found in system", and a lot of people are getting this same message. In that situation, it's probably unlikely an email notice would ever be sent. You're just going to have to have some patience and play the waiting game.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond repute

Ok Mick, let me be sure what you are saying:

1. You can put in your SS# can retrieve your case status?
2. You are not receiving e-mail notices of case status change?

Archie
1. Yes
2. My status hasn't changed, so I have never received an e-mail. Still says "On June 21, 2007, we received this N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION, and mailed you a notice describing.... blah blah"
Old Jan 25th 2008, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

My point is I am trying to find somebody, anybody, who can tell me that the
E-mail status notification works on these N-400 applications.

Archie Wilson
Judging from these replies, I think you may be waiting for quite a while for someone to tell you that it works fine, Archie.....