Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

Old Jul 8th 2014, 1:56 am
Just Joined

E3_Applicant is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

Hi all,

I just checked the visa status online and it's changed to "Issued" Yayyyyyyyy... so excited !!!

For those (who like myself before I went to interview) might have these concerns I just like to mention that :

1- I am not native a Australian (born in & from middle east)
2- Had 2 visa applications rejected in the past (F1 & B2, both more than 5 years ago)
3- Do not own a property in Australia

But none impacted my E3 visa application negatively.

Wish you all the best luck
Old Jul 8th 2014, 2:00 am
Forum Regular

Snarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats! That must be a huge relief

Originally Posted by E3_Applicant
Hi all,

I just checked the visa status online and it's changed to "Issued" Yayyyyyyyy... so excited !!!

For those (who like myself before I went to interview) might have these concerns I just like to mention that :

1- I am not native a Australian (born in & from middle east)
2- Had 2 visa applications rejected in the past (F1 & B2, both more than 5 years ago)
3- Do not own a property in Australia

But none impacted my E3 visa application negatively.

Wish you all the best luck
Old Jul 8th 2014, 2:12 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Snarky
Congrats! That must be a huge relief
Thanks Snarky, it was indeed
Old Jul 8th 2014, 12:59 pm
Just Joined

Hi all,

Does anyone know a freight service with a reasonable price to freight 4-5 boxes from Australia to the US? Not like a house moving service, just some clothes, shoes, bags, books and personal stuff.

Thanks.
Old Jul 8th 2014, 3:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by E3_Applicant
Hi all,

Does anyone know a freight service with a reasonable price to freight 4-5 boxes from Australia to the US? Not like a house moving service, just some clothes, shoes, bags, books and personal stuff.

Thanks.
We used something more broader - half a container size full. OSS was the agent.

If it isn't too much stuff to move, just check how much the airline charges extra per bag?
Old Jul 8th 2014, 5:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

Hi peeps

I entered the US on my E3 on 3 July. The stamp in my passport says admitted till 2 June 2016 but I retrieved my electronic i-94 online today and the admit until date is 2 July 2016. Note -the employment dates on my LCA are 2 June 2014- 2 June 2016.

Does anyone know which is the correct admit until date?

Thanks
If your employment ends 6/2/16 then that is the end date of your admission in general.
Old Jul 8th 2014, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by augigi
If your employment ends 6/2/16 then that is the end date of your admission in general.
Ok so I thought that date was the end of my work authorization and I could not longer work but I would remain in legal status in the U.S. until the admit until date on my i-94?
Old Jul 8th 2014, 6:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

Ok so I thought that date was the end of my work authorization and I could not longer work but I would remain in legal status in the U.S. until the admit until date on my i-94?
Yes - but every time I have entered the US with multiple E3's, they have written the same date as the expiration of the LCA. Since you said they stamped your passport on entry as June 2, I can't imagine that 30 days extra would be worth risking an overstay. Even if wrong, I'd err on the side of caution.
Old Jul 8th 2014, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

docnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by augigi
Yes - but every time I have entered the US with multiple E3's, they have written the same date as the expiration of the LCA. Since you said they stamped your passport on entry as June 2, I can't imagine that 30 days extra would be worth risking an overstay. Even if wrong, I'd err on the side of caution.
If you look back through this thread you'll find dozens (hundreds?) of posts on this exact subject. There's always been confusion about whether entry is for 2 years from date of entry, or if it's until the visa/LCA expiry (which is normally the same date).

The general consensus seem to be that it doesn't really matter what date they put on your passport, once the LCA expires you are out of status, and thus must leave the country (or take some other similar action via USCIS/etc).

Historically I had a mixture of dates on my passport, most of them being the visa expiry, but a few being entry+2 years (I leave and re-enter the US a lot for work, so I have a pages of US immigration stamps in my passport!). More recently, especially since the removal of the I94, I think all of my entries have been entry date + 2 years (or in most cases, 2 years minus 1-2 days)
Old Jul 8th 2014, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you. My question wasn't how long the entry is supposed to be. I can see that question has been asked many times.

The point was that the electronic i-94 (that I retrieved online) notes a different end date to that which is stamped in my passport. I have two conflicting end dates as a result of the same entry. My question is which one is correct.

But I take your point- if I am out of legal status once the LCA expires then it doesn't matter what my i-94 date is and the conflict is mute.

Thus even if my i-94 is good until 2 July 2016 given my LCA expires 2 June 2016 then my legal status ends 2 June and not 2 July?

Originally Posted by docnetau
If you look back through this thread you'll find dozens (hundreds?) of posts on this exact subject. There's always been confusion about whether entry is for 2 years from date of entry, or if it's until the visa/LCA expiry (which is normally the same date).

The general consensus seem to be that it doesn't really matter what date they put on your passport, once the LCA expires you are out of status, and thus must leave the country (or take some other similar action via USCIS/etc).

Historically I had a mixture of dates on my passport, most of them being the visa expiry, but a few being entry+2 years (I leave and re-enter the US a lot for work, so I have a pages of US immigration stamps in my passport!). More recently, especially since the removal of the I94, I think all of my entries have been entry date + 2 years (or in most cases, 2 years minus 1-2 days)
Old Jul 8th 2014, 9:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thank you. My question wasn't how long the entry is supposed to be. I can see that question has been asked many times.

The point was that the electronic i-94 (that I retrieved online) notes a different end date to that which is stamped in my passport. I have two conflicting end dates as a result of the same entry. My question is which one is correct.

But I take your point- if I am out of legal status once the LCA expires then it doesn't matter what my i-94 date is and the conflict is mute.

Thus even if my i-94 is good until 2 July 2016 given my LCA expires 2 June 2016 then my legal status ends 2 June and not 2 July?
Yep, I think that's what my first reply said. Once LCA ends, you're out of status.
Old Jul 10th 2014, 6:59 am
Just Joined

ldsyd is an unknown quantity at this point

i realise this question has probably been asked before but I cant seem to find the answer i want ...anyway here goes. I've got my interview booked for the consulate, if I have my transcripts for my degrees, do I also need to take the diploma's? they are currently framed so I don't really want to carry a ridiculous frame (I mean would they even let me take it inside?) - can I photocopy it? or should I just take the framed document with transcript? thanks
Old Jul 11th 2014, 2:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Transcript is fine. It's 99% likely they won't ask for anything except the LCA and job offer letter.
Old Jul 11th 2014, 3:15 am
BE Forum Addict

retzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed. Although, to play it safe, take the latest one you have. It should have lines for date completed and date conferred.
Old Jul 11th 2014, 7:03 pm
Just Joined

mikekeck is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey folks.

Had my interview this morning in Barbados for my first E-3. All went as planned, and it went down pretty much exactly as Snarky described in a previous post.

Going into the interview my only concerns were that I didn't have a foreign equivalency evaluation on my degree (B. Economics from U.Syd) and I didn't have an original copy of the diploma.

I didn't need to show any evidence of my degree. Although this might have been because I had previously held an E-2 essential employee visa, which requires similar experience and education. So as other people, mentioned, best to err on the side of caution.

Only asked 5 questions
- Are you still working for [previous employer]? (No)
- Can I cancel your previous visa? (Yes)
- What is [current employer]? (Software for nonprofits)
- What is your role? (Digital Marketing Analyst)
- Is that similar to your previous job? (Yes)
- When are you leaving Barbados? (Next Wednesday)

The officer was really friendly and told me they would rush service the visa and to come back Monday. No guarantees... If it isn't ready then I'd have to come on Tuesday.

No questions were asked about my why I was changing visas, my education etc. Really straightforward, I was at the interview counter for no more than 2 minutes.

Also, there is a taxi stand at the embassy which is handy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.