Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

Old Jan 29th 2018, 12:08 pm
Just Joined

kaimmy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

Hi! Does anyone know how far in advance appointment times are available at U.S embassies for e3 visa? Looking at tying in with a vacation so would love to book now for a date in May if possible.
Old Feb 1st 2018, 10:39 pm
Just Joined

monocot is an unknown quantity at this point

can i obtain my first e3 in the london embassy? I am an Australian student studying in the UK and have read conflicting info.
Old Feb 8th 2018, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

Druti75 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I got my first E3 extension in 2016 through USCIS which is valid until July 2018. This time my employer/attorney is suggesting to attend the interview at consulate office abroad. I am planning to schedule an consulate interview this March, my questions is if for some reason I won't get a renewal from will I be still allowed to enter USA with the current extension which is until July 2018.
Any information is much appreciated.
Old Feb 20th 2018, 9:04 pm
Just Joined

ppuujjaa2000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TheFlamingHips
Hey all, The wife and I are in the middle of finalising our E3 visas. I have a question. Are we able to buy property in the US if we're on E3 visas?
i am on e3 and own a property, but i have significant ties in Australia to prove my dual intend. so basically as long as you can prove ties to Aus you can buy what ever you want in USA.
Old Feb 22nd 2018, 2:50 am
Just Joined

fair_dincum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ppuujjaa2000
i am on e3 and own a property, but i have significant ties in Australia to prove my dual intend. so basically as long as you can prove ties to Aus you can buy what ever you want in USA.
Are you sure you understand what "dual intent" is? It is not about your ties to your home country.

Yes, you can buy real property on the E-3 visa. I am pretty sure you can buy it on a tourist visa too. With the E-3, you are treated like a resident of the country and can get a mortgage. Some banks require the Green Card but most in my experience are pretty happy with a work visa. You will need a credit history though so you better start working on it as soon as you arrive.
Old Mar 20th 2018, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

wedamija is an unknown quantity at this point

Currently working in the US on an E3, my wife is over here with me on an E3-D. We've been here 4 years, and have been through the renewal process a couple times, but haven't been through job transfers yet.

I'm looking at changing jobs, and so will need to get a new E3 as part of that. Due to illness, it's really hard for my wife to fly, and we very much want to avoid having her fly back to Australia as it will make her condition worse.

Is it possible for me to go to Australia, get an E3 visa stamp, and have her just transfer her status from within the US? She doesn't need a visa stamp all that much, just the authorization to be in the country.
Old Mar 23rd 2018, 5:59 am
Just Joined

defy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I will be soon starting the application process for an E3. Currently, negotiating the job offer.

I have a question, my role will involve quite a fair of travelling as well as relocating for an extended period of time to a client site.
In the LCA application form, it indicates "Place of Employment".
I understand you can put 3 locations. The problem is the relocation site would not be known till possibly 1 year down the track.

If I relocate to a client site out of state away from what is indicated on the LCA form, does that invalidate the E3 visa?
What do you do here?

Thanks
Old Apr 7th 2018, 9:00 pm
Just Joined

Hi All,
I am currently on E3D and planning to change my status from E3D to E3 with my current client. Read few threads but most of them are about E3 renewal. If any one here changed from E3D to E3 please suggest which consulate would be good to attend the interview rather than going to Australia.
Also not all all consulates in Canada have any info about E3 visa interviews. Bahamas consulate clearly says only E3 renewal.I tried looking at other forums but no help.
Any information will be much appreciated.
Old Apr 7th 2018, 10:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

retzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Druti75
Hi All,
I am currently on E3D and planning to change my status from E3D to E3 with my current client. Read few threads but most of them are about E3 renewal. If any one here changed from E3D to E3 please suggest which consulate would be good to attend the interview rather than going to Australia.
Also not all all consulates in Canada have any info about E3 visa interviews. Bahamas consulate clearly says only E3 renewal.I tried looking at other forums but no help.
Any information will be much appreciated.
If this is your first E-3, it is the first time your qualifications are being assessed, so you will need to find a consulate that accepts initial E-3 applications. Sorry, I am not up on whether any Canadian consulates offer this option right now. I can only suggest contacting each of them directly to check.
Old Apr 7th 2018, 10:39 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the quick response retzie
Old Apr 12th 2018, 12:52 am
Just Joined

banch0ng is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, hoping for some advice from the knowledgeable people on this forum.

I am currently in the US on an E3 visa, and recently moved from our companies' Los Angeles office to the Las Vegas office on a permanent basis. I have always filed my own E3's as the are straightforward however I overlooked the fact that I did not get my company to update my LCA or anything else that needs updating once I moved office.

My question is ... has anyone been in a similar situation to offer some advice? I am still being paid the prevailing wage, I have not changed job titles and no job duties have changed...just the office location. The company refiled a new LCA today and I am trying to work out if an I-129 Amendment to Petition needs to be sent in also. I have read information from exhaustive google searches that says, I can't amend a petition because the E3 does not have a petition to start with.

I am wanting to get this corrected ASAP as it was a genuine oversight ... my fault for assuming I knew absolutely everything about the E3. Any advice would be appreciated.
Old Apr 12th 2018, 2:45 am
Forum Regular

kriggles33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

My immigration lawyer has advised me to do a new LCA with the new address/es while I remain in the US. FYI - the LCA has an option to add 3 work addresses at the end part of the LCA. I have done this more than 2x as I work for a company that has multiple work sites in LA so I can move around whenever needed. Hope this helps.

I am currently in the US on an E3 visa, and recently moved from our companies' Los Angeles office to the Las Vegas office on a permanent basis. I have always filed my own E3's as the are straightforward however I overlooked the fact that I did not get my company to update my LCA or anything else that needs updating once I moved office.

My question is ... has anyone been in a similar situation to offer some advice? I am still being paid the prevailing wage, I have not changed job titles and no job duties have changed...just the office location. The company refiled a new LCA today and I am trying to work out if an I-129 Amendment to Petition needs to be sent in also. I have read information from exhaustive google searches that says, I can't amend a petition because the E3 does not have a petition to start with.

I am wanting to get this corrected ASAP as it was a genuine oversight ... my fault for assuming I knew absolutely everything about the E3. Any advice would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]
Old Apr 12th 2018, 3:06 am
Just Joined

banch0ng is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kriggles33
Hi there,

My immigration lawyer has advised me to do a new LCA with the new address/es while I remain in the US. FYI - the LCA has an option to add 3 work addresses at the end part of the LCA. I have done this more than 2x as I work for a company that has multiple work sites in LA so I can move around whenever needed. Hope this helps.

I am wanting to get this corrected ASAP as it was a genuine oversight ... my fault for assuming I knew absolutely everything about the E3. Any advice would be appreciated.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the information Kriggles. How about in terms of advising the USCIS ? Did you send in an I-129, or have you only ever just submitted a new LCA ?

What about when you have gone to renew your E3 in another country ... have they questioned it at all ?
Old Apr 12th 2018, 3:12 am
Forum Regular

My lawyer did not advise informing USCIS unless I go for consular processing (US embassy appearance).

Thanks for the information Kriggles. How about in terms of advising the USCIS ? Did you send in an I-129, or have you only ever just submitted a new LCA ?

What about when you have gone to renew your E3 in another country ... have they questioned it at all ?[/QUOTE]
Old Apr 12th 2018, 3:15 am
Forum Regular

I dont think I- 129 is applicable for E3 visas. My lawyer has not advised to have such an application and have never used I-129.

My lawyer did not advise informing USCIS unless I go for consular processing (US embassy appearance).

What about when you have gone to renew your E3 in another country ... have they questioned it at all ?[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.