Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

Old Feb 20th 2015, 4:26 am
Forum Regular

Sevusal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

Originally Posted by TopGun80
Hi,

I am wondering if anyone has done E-3 extension of status I-129 via USCIS in the last few months and what was the processing time? was it approved in 2-3 months or more?

Thanks
close to 3 months. this was back in Oct'14 when i got my approval. my advise, don't do this. you will be better off going to Canada or Mexico and get visa faster.

Last edited by Sevusal; Feb 20th 2015 at 4:29 am.
Old Feb 20th 2015, 4:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by melbboy
Hi There,

I won't include my wife in this trip. She has exams and busy. My lawyer told me, The current visa will be still valid till 08/2016.
I am guessing that you are changing employer and will get a new E3 visa. if so, you will need to have your wife travel with you. As soon as you will get your new E3 visa, your existing E3 visa is invalid and so is your wife's E3D.

again this is my understanding but i could be wrong and would love to be wrong in this case because i am in middle of changing the employer as well.
Old Feb 20th 2015, 4:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by melbboy
I am traveling from SFO, California to Ottawa for my E3 transfer. I will arrive on 2nd of March in ottawa.
any reason you have booked an appointment with Ottawa consulate and not Vancouver since you live on West coast?

i am curious because i live in LA and in middle of changing my job and will need to get out of the country to get new E3 visa.
Old Feb 20th 2015, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

docnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sevusal
any reason you have booked an appointment with Ottawa consulate and not Vancouver since you live on West coast?
I'm going to guess it's because Ottawa generally has appointments available with a relatively short wait (days or at most weeks), where Vancouver can be months out if it's available at all.
Old Feb 20th 2015, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by docnetau
I'm going to guess it's because Ottawa generally has appointments available with a relatively short wait (days or at most weeks), where Vancouver can be months out if it's available at all.
really? as per the official processing time web-site, it says 6 days!
Visa Appointment & Processing Wait Times
Old Feb 20th 2015, 4:58 am
Forum Regular

docnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of light

really? as per the official processing time web-site, it says 6 days!
Visa Appointment & Processing Wait Times
As of a year or two ago Canadian US consulates have different wait times for Canadian citizens/residents and others. The times above are for Canadian residents. For non-Canadian residents the wait time will be very different.
Old Feb 20th 2015, 5:09 am
Forum Regular

As of a year or two ago Canadian US consulates have different wait times for Canadian citizens/residents and others. The times above are for Canadian residents. For non-Canadian residents the wait time will be very different.
oooh ok! good to know. i guess the only way to find out is to actually go through the application process.
Old Feb 20th 2015, 5:19 am
Forum Regular

oooh ok! good to know. i guess the only way to find out is to actually go through the application process.
Yes. You can find out the available dates before you pay.
Old Feb 21st 2015, 10:48 pm
Just Joined

hnorris is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello

I'm back with another question!

This might sound naive but I think i'm getting confused with the terminology of 'renewing' and 'initial application'. Do these terms relate to E3 in the general sense or the specific E3 with the employer. I'm on an E3 currently and am about to now head to Canada for my 2nd E3 with a new employer. I'm applying for a new E3 rather than transferring my one now as my current only has a couple of month left and it seemed like the better option.

So am I renewing or do I have an initial application?

The other question I had was If anyone has any experience with timing in Calgary? My appointment is on Tuesday 8am - is it likely I'll have my passport back by Friday morning?

Thanks!
Old Feb 21st 2015, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hnorris
So am I renewing or do I have an initial application?
You are applying for a new E3, and will be given an E3.

If you were still with the same employer then you would be applying for a renewal, and would be given an E3R.

Functionally the two are exactly the same - the only two differences are the designation on the actual visa ("E3" v's "E3R"), and the fact that the E3R's do not count against the cap of maximum E3's that can be issued every year.
Old Feb 21st 2015, 10:56 pm
Just Joined

hnorris is an unknown quantity at this point

You are applying for a new E3, and will be given an E3.

If you were still with the same employer then you would be applying for a renewal, and would be given an E3R.

Functionally the two are exactly the same - the only two differences are the designation on the actual visa ("E3" v's "E3R"), and the fact that the E3R's do not count against the cap of maximum E3's that can be issued every year.
Thanks so much for the info. I didn't even realize renewals were E3R. Makes sense now!
Old Feb 23rd 2015, 9:53 pm
Just Joined

kaimmy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I found this thread extremely helpful when i was going through my e3 application thank you. I have a question for a friend who is trying to apply for a new e3 (change of employer) in Canada. It is telling him there is no available appointments anywhere in Canada as they are changing the system. Does anyone know anything about this???
Old Feb 24th 2015, 1:00 am
Just Joined

melbboy is an unknown quantity at this point

No appointments at Vancouver and Toronto next few months when I checked a week ago. But there are appointments in ottawa etc. You can call the council and inquiry about Appointments too. They also ask you to keep checking the system on line for upto date cancel appointments. Once you have DS 160 application number you can schedule an appointment. Make sure you fill the correct location you intend to apply for the visa. Otherwise you need a new DS 160 to fill or upload the savwd file and start it again. I would start DS 160 and use the omb control number in order to schedule the appointment. Apparently Vancouver and Toronto has higher priority appointments only for Canadian citizens. I am not a lawyer. Just sharing my thoughts.
Old Feb 24th 2015, 11:51 am
Just Joined

kaimmy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your reply. He did complete his ds160 and was actually trying to get in at Ottawa and it said nothing available at all!
Old Feb 24th 2015, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kaimmy
Thanks for your reply. He did complete his ds160 and was actually trying to get in at Ottawa and it said nothing available at all!
Ottawa is currently showing a next available appointment date of March 16th. All other Canada consulates are showing "No Appointments Available" (for non-Canadian residents)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.