Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

Old Oct 16th 2014, 6:04 pm
Just Joined

Roakes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

Apologies Ian, my mistake!

Ive read this, on the link below re 1st time Visa applications - realise its US Embassy in Canberra site, but....

CAN I GO TO THE UNITED STATES TO FIND A JOB AND THEN APPLY FOR THE E-3 VISA FROM THERE?
In advance of applying for an E3 visa you may travel to the United States to search for a job or attend an interview. However, you cannot apply for the actual visa from within the United States. All visa applicants must appear at a U.S. Consulate or Embassy abroad to apply, and first time E3 visa applicants will need to apply in Australia.

Applying for the E3 Visa and Looking for a Job | Embassy of the United States Canberra, Australia
Old Oct 16th 2014, 6:04 pm
Just Joined

Would love for the website to be incorrect!
Old Oct 16th 2014, 6:05 pm
Just Joined

Ive emailed the embassy to ascertain, will report back
Old Oct 16th 2014, 6:12 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roakes
Ive emailed the embassy to ascertain, will report back
Okay - but that's probably going to be a waste of time. Once you get their response you'll know why!

Ian
Old Oct 16th 2014, 6:21 pm
Just Joined

Ha, great... look forward to the reply, in that case.

So you are fairly sure you can apply for 1st time E3 Visa from US Embassy / Consulate in London....??
Old Oct 17th 2014, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

yogibear14 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by yogibear14
So another question about the appointment booking. Perusing a few options, it seems there are no available appointments (at all) in Vancouver, however Montreal has appointments (22 day wait) and Ottawa has them with 2 day wait.

Does the fact that appointments are being shown at all mean they are definitely accepting E-3 applications? I am required to pay the C$205 MRV fee before I can select an appointment, so I wanted to confirm this before making the payment.

Thanks
Anyone?
Old Oct 18th 2014, 1:39 am
Forum Regular

Intelligent is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by yogibear14 View Post
So another question about the appointment booking. Perusing a few options, it seems there are no available appointments (at all) in Vancouver, however Montreal has appointments (22 day wait) and Ottawa has them with 2 day wait.

Does the fact that appointments are being shown at all mean they are definitely accepting E-3 applications? I am required to pay the C$205 MRV fee before I can select an appointment, so I wanted to confirm this before making the payment.

Thanks
Anyone?
I had my second E3 approved from Ottawa recently
Old Oct 18th 2014, 3:05 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Intelligent
I had my second E3 approved from Ottawa recently
Ok that's good news, thanks.

What I'm trying to find out is that if they won't do it, at what stage do they tell you. It seems appointments are available based on the info provided, if I go ahead and make an appointment and pay the fee does that mean they will definitely process it?
Old Oct 18th 2014, 12:33 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yogibear14
What I'm trying to find out is that if they won't do it, at what stage do they tell you.
Do you take the application package with you, or do you send it in ahead of time and then simply book an appointment for an interview? If the former, then I agree it seems a bit hit/miss. If the latter, then they will return your entire package to you and tell you to file elsewhere.

So, I suggest you find out the order in which things happen!

... if I go ahead and make an appointment and pay the fee does that mean they will definitely process it?
Definitely? No. Probably? Yes.

Ian
Old Oct 18th 2014, 3:32 pm
Just Joined

Hmm. I don't know the answer to that, but it asks for a bunch of standard information, and the DS-160 reference number. I haven't progressed beyond the point of paying the application fee at this stage but there is nothing to suggest I need to send any documentation in advance of the interview.

Anyone on here go recent first hand experience of first-time E-3 application anywhere in Canada?
Old Oct 18th 2014, 10:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

Yes - it's been written in here. Book your appointment and take your chances, or travel to Australia, it's very simple really.
Old Oct 20th 2014, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

Emma927 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone,
I got my first E3 visa approved in London. I was under visa waiver in the US, and got a job offer and booked interview in London and got approved. Now waiting for my passport delivery.
I think my case answers a lot of questions here)
Wish you all good luck!!
Old Oct 20th 2014, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Emma927
Hello everyone,
I got my first E3 visa approved in London. I was under visa waiver in the US, and got a job offer and booked interview in London and got approved. Now waiting for my passport delivery.
I think my case answers a lot of questions here)
Wish you all good luck!!
Thanks Emma, this is great to know!Good luck in the US
Old Oct 20th 2014, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by augigi
Yes - it's been written in here. Book your appointment and take your chances, or travel to Australia, it's very simple really.
OK, I completely understand that there is no guarantee either way, I'm just trying to find out at what stage of the process I will discover they will not process it if that turns out to be the case. As mentioned I can get to the stage of being asked to pay the MRV application fee. What happens from there? If they won't process it will I discover this immediately after paying the fee, or would I discover this when I attend the interview? And if so would they refund the fee?

I'm sure this has been posted elsewhere in the thread but it has 113 pages and a previous post might be 6-12 months old and hence outdated. Thanks.
Old Oct 21st 2014, 11:41 pm
Just Joined

Emma927 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks! Just got noticed my passport is ready for pick up tomorrow, exactly 5 days after interview.

The VO just checked my 3 documents: DS160, signed original LCA and the copy of job offer.
Even the LCA I filed by myself, and got certified the forth working days.

What E3 visa need is you and your employer are both qualified , and you are stay in the US temperaly. Be prepared for your interview. Any questions pls feel free to ask)

Good luck !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.