Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

Old Sep 4th 2014, 5:04 am
Forum Regular

docnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Administrative Processing....

Originally Posted by aokashi
2. The guy who interviewed me kidnapped my passport, what does this mean?
I would take this as a very good sign. If they were intending to make this a long process they would not have kept your passport.

Get the LCA emailed, and you'll probably find your passport returned with visa a day or three later.
Old Sep 4th 2014, 7:54 am
Just Joined

aokashi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by docnetau
I would take this as a very good sign. If they were intending to make this a long process they would not have kept your passport.

Get the LCA emailed, and you'll probably find your passport returned with visa a day or three later.
That does sound promising I'll update on this once I receive updates!
Old Sep 4th 2014, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

maulajatt is an unknown quantity at this point

221g is not refusal letter. When the consulate officer determines that additional processing is required before they can make the decision, they issue 221g.
As mentioned by others, its good sign that they kept your passport and gave you the exact reason for 221g means to provide signed LCA. Infact signed LCA is a mandatory document for E3 stamping. It seems that they are happy with other details and only want to see signed LCA before issuing the visa. Good Luck.

Originally Posted by aokashi

I ended up getting the dreaded 221(g) refusal letter asking for the LCA to be emailed to the consulate.
Old Sep 8th 2014, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

Sevusal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
It doesn't mean anything other than the web site is having problems.

Ian
you were right. it was a mistake which they have corrected in this month update.
PS: I am still waiting for my visa approval. as of today, i am one week short of my 2 months waiting time. Next week, i will need to get my company to submit an inquiry through their online portal.

Last edited by Sevusal; Sep 8th 2014 at 11:36 pm.
Old Sep 9th 2014, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

Intelligent is an unknown quantity at this point

could any recent interviewee for E3 visa from Toronto US Consulate give me some updates on what to expect in interview

Any important things or documents to take care of

Thanks
Old Sep 9th 2014, 12:16 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Intelligent
could any recent interviewee for E3 visa from Toronto US Consulate give me some updates on what to expect in interview
There's a search feature near the top right of each page. I suggest you search this thread for keyword "Toronto" and then arrange the responses by date (if it isn't already). If anyone has posted recently, you'll find it.

Ian
Old Sep 10th 2014, 3:37 am
Forum Regular

There's a search feature near the top right of each page. I suggest you search this thread for keyword "Toronto" and then arrange the responses by date (if it isn't already). If anyone has posted recently, you'll find it.

Ian
Thanks Ian for the quick reply, I actually did search some of the old posts, they were some posts 4 months earlier.

When I say recent, I mean applicants from last month

Thank you
Old Sep 10th 2014, 3:54 am
Forum Regular

docnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of lightdocnetau is a glorious beacon of light

When I say recent, I mean applicants from last month
Canada has basically been not allowing applications from people residing in the US for many months. The number of people who will have been through the process for an E3 in Canada recently will be very close to zero.
Old Sep 10th 2014, 1:04 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

When I say recent, I mean applicants from last month.
Yes, I understand. If you didn't find any recent posts, then no one has posted the information you're after... and your search is over with respect to this forum.

Ian
Old Sep 10th 2014, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, I understand. If you didn't find any recent posts, then no one has posted the information you're after... and your search is over with respect to this forum.

Ian

Thanks Ian
Old Sep 10th 2014, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

Sevusal is an unknown quantity at this point

I spoke to my HR legal representative and this is what he told me about the processing times of USCIS:
"Again TWO MONTHS means that when they start to review the case. I expect to hear something from USCIS sometimes the end of September and I do not expect hear from them earlier."

is he right? i thought 2-months is the avg processing time of a visa application not that time they start looking at the application. can someone plz confirm?
Old Sep 10th 2014, 11:28 pm
Just Joined

auschamp is an unknown quantity at this point

Any important things or documents to take care of

Thanks
I am again in a same boat, Found a new employer with better career perspectives. So will need to attend to another visa interview. This time I thought I will do this in Canada.

And after reading your post and some reply's it attracted, I called the CSC call center on 703-439-2319 and the person answered the call confirmed " Us consulates in Canada are accepting the E-3 applications" and I can book my visa appointment in any US consulate i like to.

Hope this helps - Also please share your experience once you are done with your interview.
Old Sep 10th 2014, 11:46 pm
Just Joined

bm1789 is an unknown quantity at this point

I got a "request for additional evidence" from USCIS for my EAD. It's requesting two pieces of evidence: my passport/visa, and "evidence of your non-immigrant status in the US".

What is the evidence of that non-immigrant status? Also, does this set me back for ANOTHER 90 day wait period. I've already waited 76.
Old Sep 10th 2014, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by auschamp
And after reading your post and some reply's it attracted, I called the CSC call center on 703-439-2319 and the person answered the call confirmed " Us consulates in Canada are accepting the E-3 applications" and I can book my visa appointment in any US consulate i like to.
They never stopped accepting applications for the E-3 or any other visa.

What they were doing was to limit the number of applications allowed by US residents, so whilst technically you're allowed apply, it's near impossible to get an appointment. And by the looks of it, they are still doing this (or if they have stopped, there's enough of a backlog that it hasn't really changed anything)

For example, looking right now it is possible to get an appointment in Ottawa in 2 days - odds are that's a cancellation so it'll disappear fairly quickly. Other than that, it's 30 days for Toronto, 65 days for Montreal, and "There are no available appointments at this time" for everywhere else in Canada.

For Canadian residents, the wait time is 2-5 days for all consulates.
Old Sep 10th 2014, 11:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bm1789
What is the evidence of that non-immigrant status?.
Historically that would have been a copy of your I94.

Presuming you last entered the US after they stopped issuing physical I94's, it would be the output from I-94 Goes Electronic | U.S. Customs and Border Protection for your "Most Recent I94"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.