Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

Old Jul 20th 2018, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

kriggles33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

Some companies may offer temporary accommodation/ car/ stipend to help u (or ur family) settle.

Originally Posted by e1e2e3e4e5e6e7e8e9
I have been offered a job in the US with an E3 visa and I'm now sorting out the logistics and timelines. Is it true that you can only enter the country ten days before starting work? I read some conflicting information on this, it might have been changed to 60 days recently.

Ten days really doesn't seem like enough time to get apartments and utilities etc sorted out.
Old Jul 20th 2018, 7:55 am
Just Joined

e1e2e3e4e5e6e7e8e9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kriggles33
Some companies may offer temporary accommodation/ car/ stipend to help u (or ur family) settle.
Yes that's certainly possible. My concern at this point is more regarding only having ten days to settle into a new city before starting work full time. But I'm not sure if it's actually ten days though, hence my question.
Old Jul 23rd 2018, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

LBJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone recently done processing in Barbados? This is my third E3. Bridgetown had the shortest wait so I have my interview on the island next week. Just wondering what the latest processing time has been for other folks?
Old Aug 21st 2018, 2:56 pm
Just Joined

ekyer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, Has anyone extended their E3 via USCIS and then appeared for visa stamping with approval notice? How was your experience? Was that in Australia or anywhere else? Thanks.
Old Aug 21st 2018, 4:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ekyer
Hi, Has anyone extended their E3 via USCIS and then appeared for visa stamping with approval notice? How was your experience? Was that in Australia or anywhere else? Thanks.
My understanding is that those are two separate applications i.e., if you renew onshore and then exit U.S., then you have to reapply for visa...it isn't classified as "stamping". Perhaps thats what happens with H1B?
Old Sep 12th 2018, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

mist3rh has a reputation beyond reputemist3rh has a reputation beyond reputemist3rh has a reputation beyond reputemist3rh has a reputation beyond reputemist3rh has a reputation beyond reputemist3rh has a reputation beyond reputemist3rh has a reputation beyond reputemist3rh has a reputation beyond reputemist3rh has a reputation beyond reputemist3rh has a reputation beyond reputemist3rh has a reputation beyond repute

Hey folks,

I noticed this question has gone unanswered in a few posts recently, so I'm retrying - will appreciate an insightful response.

In the past, I've renewed an E-3 via USCIS processing. I'm up for a renewal again, however this time around the company's immigration attorney is suggesting I opt for a consular processing for the renewal. I'd rather go through the USCIS process and then travel to the consulate close to when the actual visa expires, instead of making a special trip for the renewal/extension.

Was hoping to hear from others who've recently gotten their E-3 renewals and whether anyone opted for a USCIS petition and had any challenges/issues. Also, any perspective/recommendations/suggestions from the more experienced folks (as to whether I should go for a consular processing or a USCIS petition) is also appreciated- understood the fact that no one is able to provide legal advice on here.

Thanks

Last edited by mist3rh; Sep 12th 2018 at 10:29 pm. Reason: completing the sentence
Old Sep 14th 2018, 2:10 am
BE Forum Addict

retzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mist3rh
any perspective/recommendations/suggestions from the more experienced folks (as to whether I should go for a consular processing or a USCIS petition) is also appreciated
I don't know how many long-term E-3 holders we have posting here anymore. My E-3 days are so long ago as to be meaningless for answering current questions (I only ever did consular).

Although it seems E3only has reappeared (hello ) and he's probably tried all combinations over the years.
Old Sep 14th 2018, 2:18 am
Forum Regular

mist3rh has a reputation beyond reputemist3rh has a reputation beyond reputemist3rh has a reputation beyond reputemist3rh has a reputation beyond reputemist3rh has a reputation beyond reputemist3rh has a reputation beyond reputemist3rh has a reputation beyond reputemist3rh has a reputation beyond reputemist3rh has a reputation beyond reputemist3rh has a reputation beyond reputemist3rh has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks mate - would love to hear about the experience as there has been recent changes (Sept 2018) in USCIS policy and hence the company's immigration is suggesting a consular processing, although I prefer a inland processing.

On a separate note, are you no longer on E-3? Just curious whether you've accomplished your US experience and returned home or whether you've transitioned to a more permanent solution. would you know as to how many times have folks, on average, leveraged the E-3?
Old Sep 14th 2018, 2:30 am
BE Forum Addict

retzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mist3rh
On a separate note, are you no longer on E-3? Just curious whether you've accomplished your US experience and returned home or whether you've transitioned to a more permanent solution. would you know as to how many times have folks, on average, leveraged the E-3?
Still in the US, awaiting citizenship now! I went E-3 (x 2) -> H-1B -> employer-sponsored green card. I was an academic, so this was a pretty straightforward path. I still don't plan to stay here permanently, though, which is the reason for the citizenship step (that, and being able to vote!).

I have never looked into the E-3 stats, but have encountered surprisingly few E-3 holders around the place. Although, those who get them, seem to stick around on them forever. What I do seem to meet are a lot of AU/NZ people who got green cards in the diversity lottery.
Old Sep 14th 2018, 3:05 am
Forum Regular

Thanks. And congrats for an inching closer to the voting rights. I guess I'm one of the handful ones making use of this visa then I guess.

Anyhow, hopefully will get some perspective on my original question
Old Oct 22nd 2018, 2:15 am
Just Joined

nasifk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys

I am about to get an offer from a UK based company. They have a office in New York. It is a full time role. They haven't heard about the E3 Visa before but I have explained it. They are preparing to file an LCA soon.
Just wondering since it is a full time role but the E3 visa is for 2 years, how they are going to put this in the offer letter and the LCA? As far as I understand the job role, job details, start & end date needs to be the same.
can someone help me on this so that the employer can lodge the LCA properly?

Also following are my details:

1. Australian Citizen since 2016.
2. Have been in Australian Since 2012.
3. Have a property in Melbourne.
4. Have my immediate relatives in Melbourne.
5. 4 year Bachelors in Computer Science (waiting for the equivalency documentation from WES).
6. I can show sizeable amount of savings in my bank account.

Another thing is me and my wife got separated recently, Do I need to take any documentation for that?

Thanks
Old Oct 25th 2018, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

QPR_FC is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Does anybody know if there are any time restrictions to apply for an E3R (renewal)?

My present E3 expires in June 2019 but as I am going overseas in November/December 2018 to Thailand for a month, I thought that I should apply for a renewal at that time in Chiang Mai.
As I don't have any other plans to leave US in 2019 (unless I have to for this E3R application).

Of course, my employer will do the LCA and a new letter of employment extension for me at any time I request.

Thanks
Old Oct 25th 2018, 12:53 pm
Just Joined

QPR_FC is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nasifk
Hi Guys

I am about to get an offer from a UK based company. They have a office in New York. It is a full time role. They haven't heard about the E3 Visa before but I have explained it. They are preparing to file an LCA soon.
Just wondering since it is a full time role but the E3 visa is for 2 years, how they are going to put this in the offer letter and the LCA? As far as I understand the job role, job details, start & end date needs to be the same.
can someone help me on this so that the employer can lodge the LCA properly?

Also following are my details:

1. Australian Citizen since 2016.
2. Have been in Australian Since 2012.
3. Have a property in Melbourne.
4. Have my immediate relatives in Melbourne.
5. 4 year Bachelors in Computer Science (waiting for the equivalency documentation from WES).
6. I can show sizeable amount of savings in my bank account.

Another thing is me and my wife got separated recently, Do I need to take any documentation for that?

Thanks
Hi mate,

My original approved E3 has the following dates:
DS160 Application Lodged 27th May 2017
Job Offer letter dated 7th June 2017
LCA Approved Date 8th June 2017
LCA Certificate Valid from 25th Sept 2017- 24th Sept 2019 (My application employment dates were 25th Sept 2017- 24th Sept 2019)
Consulate Interview (Sydney) 19th June 2017 (approved on same day but kept Passport and posted to me in a week or two)
I entered US in Nov 2017 to commence work

I hope that helps
Old Apr 8th 2019, 1:16 am
Just Joined

jimbobbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all, has anybody recently applied for their first time E3 visa outside of Australia? I'm currently trying to figure out where to go.

Thank you
Old Apr 8th 2019, 1:19 am
Forum Regular

ginstwin is a jewel in the roughginstwin is a jewel in the roughginstwin is a jewel in the roughginstwin is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by jimbobbie
Hello all, has anybody recently applied for their first time E3 visa outside of Australia? I'm currently trying to figure out where to go.

Thank you
My son got his back in Feb 2018 . He applied in Barbados and it was very quick.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.