Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

Old Apr 14th 2018, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

Cobra427 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: E-3 Visa for Australians Thread- It's all in here

Is it possible to overlap EAD’s ?

Overview:
My E-3 is up for renewal mid-Aug ’18 with the same employer sponsor. My wife has an associated E-3D and is working with valid EAD, also expiring Aug ’18.

Typical EAD processing times’ are +/-3 months (hearing rumors of >5 months now). To limit EAD downtime, by [hopefully] creating an overlap situation, we are considering an E-3/E-3D renewal in Canada mid-May ’18, i.e. 3 months earlier than Aug ’18 expiry

• Can my wife continue to work under the original EAD up to its expiry date (Aug ’18) or does it expire early due to the associated E-3D being overwritten by a new one in May ’18?

To gain more overlap, considering the >5 month processing timeframe, we are also thinking of applying for the EAD renewal now (mid-April ’18) and preempt an RFE by including the E-3D renewal interview confirmation (mid-May ’18).

• Has anyone ever tried this approach?

Thanks in advance for any advice
Old Apr 17th 2018, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

TheFlamingHips is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys, I'm here on my wife's E3 visa. I'm a self-employed contractor. I'm sending out my first invoice for a job I've just completed and I'm wondering if I should include tax on my invoice? I'm unsure if I charge tax for my services?
Old Apr 19th 2018, 12:35 am
Just Joined

fair_dincum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TheFlamingHips
Hey guys, I'm here on my wife's E3 visa. I'm a self-employed contractor. I'm sending out my first invoice for a job I've just completed and I'm wondering if I should include tax on my invoice? I'm unsure if I charge tax for my services?
If you are a sole proprietor, you don't need to worry about sales tax. I suggest you get yourself an accountant, it will be worth it in the long run.
Old Apr 19th 2018, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

durbrain is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys, would appreciate a bit of help.

I'm a physician currently working as a post-doc researcher (non-clinical) at a US university affiliated hospital on a J1 research scholar.

I'm planning to change to a clinical fellowship from July this year (2018) in the same department at the same institution.

Initially, I asked for an E3 visa but due to insurmountable bureaucracy this institution doesn't officially "support" that visa for my position (though from what I've read, they don't need to for me to apply other than to fill in an LCA 9035 form?).

Regardless, I have applied for the process of changing from J1 'research scholar' to J1 'alien physician' via ECFMG. I initially sent all the paperwork to the hospital admin unit in January, but they dragged their feet and didn't process the application 'till early April. The fees have only been paid as of today.

Am I in danger of not having the change of category approved by my start date (July 1st, 2018?). My understanding is DOS can take up to 90 days to approve an application for change of category and it hasn't even been sent to them yet? Does anybody have first hand experience of how long this process actually takes?

Should I wait or is my best option to force my institution to complete an LCA-9035 (which they do for H1B applications) and then go to Canada or back to Aus for a week to just apply for an E3 de novo? If I choose this route, will my current pending application for the J1 transfer interfere with my ability to obtain a new E3?

I don't care about the fees already paid, I just want to make sure I will be able to start my position in July.

Appreciate the advice.
Old Apr 27th 2018, 10:54 am
Just Joined

e3gooo is an unknown quantity at this point

So after meeting at the consulate in Sydney I discovered the LCA the employer filled out was for an H-1B instead of an E-3 I was filing for. They held my passport told me I can just email the updated LCA and then they'd mail out my passport.

I've emailed the new approved LCA to the consulate. Does any1 have any sort of estimate of how long it takes for them to mail out my passport once I've emailed them the corrected LCA.

Side question. If the LCA is approved already, then they wouldn't bring up any issues with wages..etc correct? I've already had to get the LCA redone about 3x and I'm afraid the employer could back out if I keep bothering them with it.
Old May 6th 2018, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

Intelligent is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

could any recent interviewee for E3 visa renewal give some updates on what to expect in interview or share their experiences

Thanks
Old May 14th 2018, 11:36 pm
Just Joined

killerloop is an unknown quantity at this point

G'day All !

Long time lurker , first time poster here. Great information and posts as always, appreciate your time and support. Apologize for any faults in my post!

I am writing as I have recently got an indication from my employer that are in agreement to pursue a GC application on my behalf (EB2). However, the current immigration lawyer/firm that advises my employer on immigration related issues has recommended the E3 --> H1B --> GC route. Now, I know that this would be a very tedious, yet risky process as it takes a longer time to obtain a GC. I mentioned risky as the H1B is a lottery based system, and could be a hit or miss.

From reading various threads and topics/posts here I do understand that a few individuals have successfully obtained a GC while being on an E-3 visa (especially from a user named Wakk**s) without having to go through the H1B sponsorship hurdle.

I have talked to my HR and Management and they are open to consider approaching/obtaining advise from other immigration lawyers/firms/agencies on this possibility as I have mentioned that there are multiple cases where it was done succesfully. If all goes well, HR/Mgmt will potentially engage and utilize services of these lawyers/firms to kick start the process.

I would like to request if anyone has such contacts and references of reputable firms/lawyers whom have track records for successfully processing E-3 to GC conversions? I will be keen to provide these contacts to my employer as preferred options.

Thank you for your reply.
Feel free to drop me a PM with details or questions if you have any privacy concerns.

Some details of my current status:
  • Currently on my first E-3 (expires March 2019)
  • Australian Citizen
  • Born and raised in Australia (mixed heritage but have NO TIES or ancestry to any of the oversubscribed chargeability countries e.g. China, India, Mexico etc)
  • Single
Thank you for your kind feedback!
Cheers!

Last edited by killerloop; May 14th 2018 at 11:45 pm.
Old May 16th 2018, 1:57 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by killerloop
I would like to request if anyone has such contacts and references of reputable firms/lawyers whom have track records for successfully processing E-3 to GC conversions? I will be keen to provide these contacts to my employer as preferred options.
https://www.fragomen.com/

They worked on my GC when I was on E-3. Never mentioned the H-1B route. Overall, pretty satisfied with their lawyers and staff.
Old May 16th 2018, 3:29 am
Forum Regular

kriggles33 is an unknown quantity at this point

G'day All !

Long time lurker , first time poster here. Great information and posts as always, appreciate your time and support. Apologize for any faults in my post!

I am writing as I have recently got an indication from my employer that are in agreement to pursue a GC application on my behalf (EB2). However, the current immigration lawyer/firm that advises my employer on immigration related issues has recommended the E3 --> H1B --> GC route. Now, I know that this would be a very tedious, yet risky process as it takes a longer time to obtain a GC. I mentioned risky as the H1B is a lottery based system, and could be a hit or miss.

From reading various threads and topics/posts here I do understand that a few individuals have successfully obtained a GC while being on an E-3 visa (especially from a user named Wakk**s) without having to go through the H1B sponsorship hurdle.

I have talked to my HR and Management and they are open to consider approaching/obtaining advise from other immigration lawyers/firms/agencies on this possibility as I have mentioned that there are multiple cases where it was done succesfully. If all goes well, HR/Mgmt will potentially engage and utilize services of these lawyers/firms to kick start the process.

Thank you for your reply.
Feel free to drop me a PM with details or questions if you have any privacy concerns.

Some details of my current status:
  • Currently on my first E-3 (expires March 2019)
  • Australian Citizen
  • Born and raised in Australia (mixed heritage but have NO TIES or ancestry to any of the oversubscribed chargeability countries e.g. China, India, Mexico etc)
  • Single
Thank you for your kind feedback!
Cheers!

HI there,

I have used Aron Hasson as my immigration lawyer- very professional and trustworthy.

Here is the link: hasson law

I also have transitioned to my green card from E-3, never went through H1-B.

All the best.

Last edited by kriggles33; May 16th 2018 at 3:31 am.
Old May 16th 2018, 8:18 pm
Just Joined

killerloop is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, which EB category did your GCs get processed on? EB1 , 2 or 3?
Old May 17th 2018, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

Mine was EB-2.
Old Jun 18th 2018, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

Anarchy13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi!
appreciate anyone who has any insight. My BF and I are both Aussies on separate E3 visas in the US. I want to go on his visa as a e3-d. Anyone experience this process? Did you get your marriage certificate in aus or in america, what’s the quickest way for us to get around it and do I need to leave the country if we get our marriage certificate here?
Old Jun 19th 2018, 2:51 am
Forum Regular

Intelligent is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello All,

I successfully got renewed my E3 visa at Ottawa

Thank You
Old Jun 28th 2018, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

kriggles33 is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry for the late reply, mine was EB2

Thanks, which EB category did your GCs get processed on? EB1 , 2 or 3?
Old Jul 20th 2018, 4:38 am
Just Joined

e1e2e3e4e5e6e7e8e9 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been offered a job in the US with an E3 visa and I'm now sorting out the logistics and timelines. Is it true that you can only enter the country ten days before starting work? I read some conflicting information on this, it might have been changed to 60 days recently.

Ten days really doesn't seem like enough time to get apartments and utilities etc sorted out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.